Freebie: The Pancake Timeline Workspace for Premiere Pro CC
By Michele Yamazaki on Jun 17, 2013 at 03:25 PM
Vashi Nedomansky says “This is a technique I use for dramatically speeding up my initial rough cut. With tighter schedules and deadlines kicking on your door…every little bit helps.”
He stacks two timelines on top of each other so that he can now access an entire reel of selects in whatever order is desired. He can instantly drop them into the active timeline below. The image above has 24 hours of footage, the limit of Adobe Premiere Pro CC, in the timeline, and all the footage is instantly accessable.
To accomplish this layout…first open both timelines by clicking on them in the Project Panel. Drag the Selects timeline tab and hover over the top quarter of the Master timeline. Once it turns a purple color, release the tab and you’re in Pancake Land!
It makes a lot of sense to me to work this way, especially if you have screen real estate to spare. He calls this a template but I'd say that it's more of a workspace layout. We'll compromise and call it both.
- Download the Adobe Premiere Pro CC Workspace template
- Download the Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 Workspace template
- Read Vashi Nedomansky's post on The Pancake Timeline, with 3 examples
- Get Adobe After Effects CC and Premiere Pro CC with Adobe Creative Cloud for Teams Price Drop! First Year Pricing of Creative Cloud for Teams at $39.99 a Month Through August 31 2013. Order by June 27th to lock in this rate for year 2!
- Adobe CC Users - Upgrade to C4D Studio and Save $1,350! 40% Off MAXON Crossgrade for Creative Cloud Users - Upgrade to the full versions of Cinema 4D and take advanatage of all that Cinema 4D has to offer!
- FAQ: Adobe Creative Cloud for Teams and Common Questions