New: Pixologic ZBrush 4R5 Now Available
By Alicia VanHeulen on Dec 21, 2012 at 12:29 PM
ZBrush is a digital sculpting and painting program that has revolutionized the 3D industry with its powerful features and intuitive workflows. Built within an elegant interface, ZBrush offers the world’s most advanced tools for today’s digital artists. With an arsenal of features that have been developed with usability in mind, ZBrush creates a user experience that feels incredibly natural while simultaneously inspiring the artist within.
With each version of ZBrush we strive to include additions and enhancements that help you optimize your creativity. ZBrush 4R5 includes usability upgrades including Dynamic Brush Size control, Mouse Wheel support, Quick/Auto Save functions and much more. With ZBrush4R5, you’ll gain the ability to generate cleaner topology faster than ever before. Combine the new Panel Loops with the power of QRemesher (released earlier this year in ZBrush 4R4) and the possibilities for creating complex and efficient parts become endless. ZBrush 4R5 also includes powerful rendering enhancements, including a Posterization setting which creates illustration effects similar to a Photoshop painting.
ZBrush is a digital sculpting and painting program that has revolutionized the 3D industry with its powerful features and intuitive workflows. Built within an elegant interface, ZBrush offers the world’s most advanced tools for today’s digital artists. With an arsenal of features that have been developed with usability in mind, ZBrush creates a user experience that feels incredibly natural while simultaneously inspiring the artist within. With the ability to sculpt up to a billion polygons, ZBrush allows you to create limited only by your imagination.
Learn More/ Purchase Pixologic ZBrush: $699.00 TF: $664.00
Designed around a principle of circularity, the menus in ZBrush work together in a non-linear and mode-free method. This facilitates the interaction of 3D models, 2D images and 2.5D Pixols in new and unique ways.
ZBrush gives you all of the tools needed to quickly sketch out a 2D or 3D concept and then take that idea all the way to completion. You can create realistic renders directly in ZBrush with lighting and atmospheric effects. With the many powerful export options, you can easily prepare your model for 3D printing or use within any other digital application.
Because ZBrush users are enabled by its powerful software processing, you can sculpt and paint with millions of polygons with out having to worry about purchasing expensive graphics cards. It is for this reason why ZBrush is used by everyone from art enthusiast to major film and games studios.
Leave technical hurdles and steep learning curves behind, as you sculpt and paint with familiar brushes and tools. Download a full trial today and see why ZBrush is a tool created by artists for artists.
- SubTool splitting can be based on the surface’s mask -- useful for creating a SubTool based on an inserted a mesh or a tri-part curve.
- The Smooth algorithm used in several major ZBrush functions (such as DynaMesh and ShadowBox) has been improved to preserve as much of the original mesh volume as possible.
- The Topology brush now keeps the curve segment size constant, even after zooming in or out. This avoids accidentally changing the curve density while navigating.
- Slice Curve now works on partially hidden geometry and has four Stroke options: Lasso, Curve, Circle and Rectangle.
- Micro Mesh has a new Align option, causing all replicated objects to face the same direction.
- The Render Properties now have a Vibrant slider for a global setting change. This eliminates the need to individually edit materials when you want them all to share the same value.
- Images can now be exported in PNG format with full transparency support and/or depth as an Alpha. This is especially useful with the new GrabDocAndDepth function.
- Size and Position of the Tool can now be adjusted through dedicated sliders. Unlike the deformation sliders which reset to 0 immediately, these new sliders retain their values. For example, you can simply set the Size slider to 2 and double the size of your model. To change it back to the original size you would change the slider back to a setting of 1.
- Extract has a new Double option, allowing you to extract both out from the surface and in toward the center at the same time.
- More on New Features