3d-io Flatiron for 3ds Max 2.0 (Win)
Flatiron is a unique render-to-texture plug-in which is capable of baking full scenes or selections of objects into a single UV Map with only few simple clicks. It is a fast, simple and yet configurable automatic unwrapping and baking solution that greatly speeds up the process of baking complex scenes.
Advantages of Flatiron
- Unwrap and bake multiple objects into a single texture map without having to manually arrange UV charts or compose rendered maps in image editing software.
- Automatically unwrap objects in a way that utilizes a large amount of the available texture map space.
- Minimize texture surface stretching. This keeps pixels on the object surface in a square shape and avoids visual quality reducing distortions.
- Keep a uniform pixel density on mesh surfaces – even across multiple objects. This avoids the effect of some areas on the mesh having a very sharp and detailed texture while others appear blurred.
- The uniform size and shape of pixels makes sure that objects have no distracting visible seams in areas where different UV charts meet.
- Create maps that contain textures for multiple objects at once, keeping actually required texture memory low.
- Unwrap all the objects in a scene and bake them in a single render pass, leading to finished high quality texture maps in record time.
Flatiron is Ideally Suited For:
Game developers who need to add a maximum of visual quality to their games while keeping hardware requirements at a minimum. Bake shadow maps or ambient occlusion for complete rooms or even whole levels at once and combine multiple objects on a single uv map.
Architechts and product designers visualizing their creations in minimal amounts of render time. Bake the illumiation for the complete background scenery into a single map instead of recalculating its visual details repetitively. This allows you to concentrate the render time on the things that matter the most: Your products or architecture.
Designers creating real-time visuals for mobile devices or similar platforms with very limited texture memory. Bake a single map that is shared by multiple objects and can contain a whole scene with minimal wasted texture space.
What's New in Flatiron v2:
The latest release of Flatiron 2.0 adds overall improvement in speed and adds new functions for advanced workflow:
- Multiple render elements texture baking in a single pass
- Naming rule set for texture output
- Animated texture baking support
- Customizable presets
- Support for all available target materials
- New flexible object collection system for different baking results
- Flatiron selections and presets are saved in the scene
- Adjustable background color for baked textures
- Features and stability improvements
- MAXScript improvements
- New simplified web manageable licensing
- Support for Max 2010-2015