Adobe Flash Builder Standard 4
In Depth Rapidly develop applications Take advantage of a powerful Eclipse based IDE that accelerates development with Flex and the ActionScript language and includes code hinting, syntax coloring, interactive debugging, refactoring, a new Data/Services browser, and drag-and-drop data binding. Integrate with existing infrastructure Integrate easily with existing infrastructure, including SOAP, REST, Java/Spring, PHP, and Adobe ColdFusion. Introspect services and then use a simple, drag-and-drop approach to bind specific methods to UI components in your application. Import functional UI from Flash Catalyst Leveraging the Flex framework, create functional application UI in Adobe Flash Catalyst that can be imported into Flash Builder, where developers can bind services to Flex components and build out application logic.
What is the difference between Flash Builder 4 Standard Edition and Flash Builder 4 Premium Edition?
Adobe Flash Builder 4 Standard Edition Adobe Flash Builder 4 Standard Edition is a productive, Eclipse based development tool that enables intelligent coding; interactive step-through debugging; and visual design of the user interface layout, appearance, and behavior of RIAs. Key features include:
- Powerful coding tools—Take advantage of editors for MXML, ActionScript, and CSS; syntax coloring; statement completion; code collapse; interactive step-through debugging; and more.
- Rich visual layout—Visually design and preview user interface layout, appearance, and behavior using a rich library of built-in or custom components.
- Integrated media—Smoothly integrate media into applications. # Integration with Creative Suite—Import ready-to-use creative assets from Adobe Illustrator, Flash Professional, Photoshop, or Flash Catalyst directly into Flex.
Adobe Flash Builder 4 Premium Edition
- Use Adobe Flash Builder 4 Premium Edition to create business-critical applications. It offers all of the powerful features included in Flash Builder 4 Standard Edition, plus:
- Powerful testing tools—Accelerate application performance using memory and performance profilers that monitor and analyze memory consumption and CPU cycles. Support for automated functional testing tools such as HP QuickTest Professional is also available.
- Network Monitor—Generate a detailed audit trail of all data passed between the local Flex application and the back end, assisting with debugging and performance tuning.
- Command line builds and Flex unit testing—Take advantage of new command line build capability, and use integration with Flex unit testing to help support agile development processes.
- Adobe ColdFusion Builder—ColdFusion Builder software is a new Eclipse based IDE for ColdFusion application developers. It provides deep integration with Flash Builder, enabling rapid development of expressive web applications using Flex and ColdFusion software.