Pixologic™ ZBrush® v4R7
ZBrush® 4R7 is a digital sculpting and painting program that has revolutionized the 3D industry with its powerful features and intuitive workflows. Built within an elegant interface, ZBrush® 4R7 offers the world’s most advanced tools for today’s digital artists. With an arsenal of features that have been developed with usability in mind, ZBrush® 4R7 creates a user experience that feels incredibly natural while simultaneously inspiring the artist within. With the ability to sculpt up to a billion polygons, ZBrush® 4R7 allows you to create limited only by your imagination.
Signature features in ZBrush® 4R7 include: ArrayMesh, NanoMesh and ZModeler with QMesh. All of these features are useful throughout the creative process, from initial creation of your model to beautifying your artwork. They allow you to stay within ZBrush® 4R7 for more of your workflow, doing things that were either impractical or even outright impossible to accomplish before now.
By purchasing or upgrading to ZBrush® 4R7, you will add another set of tools to your arsenal, expanding your artistic freedom and creativity.
With ZBrush® 4R7 comes the ZModeler brush. This smart polygonal modeling system is designed to simplify your creation process. Quickly and dynamically create new shapes, doing so more easily than ever before possible: fuse polygons, delete full blocks of geometry, connect parts with advanced paths, and repeat your actions with a single click!
With the ZModeler brush, ZBrush® 4R7 takes a quantum leap beyond the organics that it is already relied upon for. You can refine the shape of your model in real-time to revolutionize how you create hard surface models, architectural structures or highly detailed environments. The possibilities are endless.
MULTIPLE INSTANCES AND INFINITE DETAILS
Instances and Details
ZBrush Artist: David Schultz
With the new NanoMesh and ArrayMesh features, you as the artist can bring more complexity and detail to your work while still maintaining a low polygon count. Both NanoMesh and ArrayMesh will allow for multiple instances of any object to be created and then adjusted in a matter of seconds.
Render with Complete Details
ZBrush Artist: Stefan Morrell
With ZBrush® 4R7 the BPR Render system will now render all Surface Noise as displacement, deforming the mesh to match the attributes of any procedurally created noise. It is like having a displacement map without needing to actually create the map. See extremely detailed results at render time regardless of polygon count.
ZBrush® 4R7 TO KEYSHOT
With the ZBrush® 4R7 to Keyshot Bridge1 you can seamlessly connect ZBrush® 4R7 with KeyShot 5 to produce hyper-realistic and high quality images. If you don't already own KeyShot 5 or if its price is simply out of your reach, a "special edition" KeyShot for ZBrush® 4R7 is also available2.
The KeyShot to ZBrush® 4R7 Bridge changes your Best Preview Render (BPR) button to instead send your models to KeyShot with a single click. All associated data transfers automatically, including materials, displaced geometries, procedural noise, PolyPaint or textures -- and of course the new NanoMesh and ArrayMesh. If ZBrush® 4R7 can display it, KeyShot can render it!
Push the boundaries of your imagination with the ZBrush® 4R7 64-bit Preview Edition3. ZBrush® 4R7 can now tap all available computer memory and processing power for more details, even more complex models and faster operations.
Retopologizing has never been as artist-friendly as with ZRemesher 2.0. With a single click, you can automatically produce organic or hard surface topology without spirals. If one-click topology isn't the right answer for every situation, you can intuitively take control of the re-topology process with curves to assist in determining polygon flow.
To continue improving its integration with the artist's pipeline, ZBrush® 4R7 introduces a new free plugin: FBX Import Export. This supports texture, normal and displacement maps, blendshapes, smoothing based on normals and much more!
As with past updates, ZBrush® 4R7 doesn't stop at major features. It also includes numerous other additions which will improve your productivity and creativity. A few are:
- Replay Last can now be reapplied to any portion of the model.
- Background images applied with the Grid system can now be projected onto your model for a painted guide in your newest creations.
- Start any sculpt with the new polygonal Cube, Sphere and Cylinder primitives.
- Automatically center the TransPose line on any unmasked, partially visible or symmetrical piece of geometry with one click.
- Copy and Paste between Tools, SubTools and even Projects.
- And whole lot more!
Features in 4R6
- ZBrush 4R6 continues to improve and enhance ZBrush functionality by giving you access to an enriched toolset of new features which will increase your creativity and productivity. The new ZRemesher provides entirely rebuilt retopology system to give even better automated and user guided topology. There are also new brushes and functions to improve your workflow for both organic and hard surface sculpting.
- ZRemesher is the next evolution in our automatic retopology solution. ZRemesher has been designed with an artist’s point of view in mind. With a single click, ZRemesher produces ideal new topology based on your original mesh.
- The new functions in ZRemesher are smarter, able to analyze the curvature of your model with the precision of a computer, but with he subtlety of the human eye.
- Add more polygons locally where needed, changing their shape to create perfect topology flow. As with most ZBrush tools, ZRemesher also lets you take control over the automatic process and give your own guidance to the core algorithms. It is easy to drive the flow of polygons with the help of curves. You can also define where you wish to have more or lower polygon density. You can perform local retopology to a specific part of your mesh while keeping a natural connection with the support model.
- By default, ZRemesher gives the Adaptive Size setting higher priority than the Target Polygon Count because of the Adaptive Density mode which is enabled by default. But when this mode is disabeled, ZRemesher will adjust its topology calculations to give equal weight to your Target Polygon Count value.
- ZBrush’s powerful creative toolset is largely based on its brush system. With each release we add new brushes that can transform your way of working or simply make your daily sculpting easier. With ZBrush 4R6, we continue this long tradition.
The new Trim Curve brushes cut your models in a way that is very similar to the Clip brushes, but deletes the affected polygons rather than pushing them to the stroke line. And as you can imagine, these new brushes will be DynaMesh’s new best friends!
- Creating holes through a mesh has been possible since the introduction of DynaMesh and more recently enhanced with Mesh Fusion. Now ZBrush adds another option for this purpose with the Bridge Curve brush: select an opening, PolyGroup border or crease edge and connect it with another to generate a bridge of polygons. And because this new topology detection is so useful with the Frame Mesh feature, we went ahead and enabled it for all brushes that use curves. You will love it as much as we do!
The new additions and improvements don't stop there! Here is a brief summary of other noteworthy new functions:
- DynaMesh now preserves PolyGroups. This makes it so easy to do Panel or Group Looping on a DynaMesh after having used Mesh Insert or Mesh Fusion! The Slice brushes now only operate on the curve position and won't propagate. What you see is now exactly what you get! Group Front -- a new PolyGroup creation function -- detects all polygons which face the camera and assigns them to a single group. This tool will let you create special effects by using your point of view, such as deformation of only the parts of your model that are visible to the camera.
- The new Solo Dynamic mode keeps only the current active SubTool visible when manipulating it in front of the ZBrush camera, in order to improve 3D navigation. Internal UV Smoothing has been updated to freeze the UV borders. And of course, a lot more!