RE:Vision Effects Twixtor for OFX v6
Twixtor raises the bar in motion estimation. Twixtor is much more accurate, tracks objects farther, and exhibits fewer artifacts when there are objects crossing in the scene. This means less tearing and stretching of objects as they cross or go out of the frame.
Twixtor enables you to speed up, slow down or frame rate convert* your image sequences with visually stunning results. In order to achieve its unparalleled image quality, Twixtor synthesizes unique new frames by warping and interpolating frames of the original sequence... employing RE:Vision's proprietary tracking technology that calculates motion for each individual pixel.
- Warping and interpolation of frames to "time warp" input footage.
- Time remap using animatable speed percentages, or exact frame numbers.
- 8 and 16 bits per channel and unclamped floating point image support.
- Option to automatically enhance dark imagery or imagery with poorly defined edges. In many cases, footage that was difficult to track becomes much more well-behaved upon retiming.
- Contains an option to add or remove motion motion blur, as appropriate.
- Support for marking material so that Twixtor does not motion-interpolate across a cut .
- Object separation. Support for foreground and background separation using a specified matte. Twixtor then tracks each layer separately for improved results. This feature uses proprietary filling and tracking techniques when working on the background layer even when it is obscured by the foreground! In certain hosts there is support for up to 3 foreground layers.
- Track Point Guidance. Up to 12 user-defined points can be specified to help guide Twixtor's motion estimation. By using the tracking points you can explicitly tell Twixtor where a pixel moves from one frame to the next in order to guide Twixtor's calculation of motion vectors. You can set the position of each point at each frame by hand.
- Motion Vector Import. Give Twixtor motion vectors generated elsewhere (like from a 3D system) to time remap footage.
- Motion Vectors Export. You can now output the motion vectors that Twixtor generates internally. This powerful feature comes with visual debugging modes to more intuitively assess and tune the quality of the motion estimation. The motion vectors can then be used elsewhere in the pipeline (including the Twixtor plugin that imports motion vectors).
- Note for Toxik users, we properly locate the points from the center of project is 0,0 reference so you can use expressions to connect to tracker locations to Twixtor's Tracking Point settings.