v2023 (23) Adobe After Effects CC for Teams & Businesses
Upgrade From $35.99
There’s nothing you can’t create with After Effects.
With Adobe After Effects CC, create incredible motion graphics and visual effects. Design for any type of media: film, TV, video, and web.
Stand out with After Effects.
Create cinematic movie titles, intros, and transitions. Remove an object from a clip. Start a fire or make it rain. Animate a logo or character. Even navigate and design in a 3D space. With After Effects, you can make eye-catching motion graphics and visual effects — for social posts and videos that won’t be ignored.
Roll credits. Spin words. Twirl titles.
Animate titles, credits, and lower thirds. Start from scratch or with presets available right from the app. From spin to swipe to slide — your text is on the move.
Set anything in motion with keyframes or expressions. Or use presets to kick off your designs for unique results.
Add exciting effects.
Change a scene’s setting. Add a moving object. Make selective color adjustments. Choose from hundreds of effects and create VR videos to drop your audience right into action.
Plays well with others.
Create compositions in After Effects and use Dynamic Link to eliminate intermediate rendering in Adobe Premiere Pro. Import from Photoshop, Illustrator, and more. Collaborate with others and integrate with 300+ software and hardware partners.
After Effects 2023 – October 2022 release (version 23.0)
The October 2022 (23.0) release includes fantastic new features and workflow improvements, requested by users like yourselves. These improvements let you work more efficiently in After Effects. Design even fine details and never compromise your creative vision.
Below, are a few highlights from this update.
Select Track Matte Layers
Choose any layer as a track matte using a new drop-down menu in the Modes column. Position the matte layer anywhere in the timeline stack and reuse it for multiple other layers making compositions simpler and more flexible to create.
Native H.264 Encoding
Export your projects quickly with hardware-accelerated output and direct rendering of H.264 files from within the Render Queue, giving you the flexibility of choice to natively import out of After Effects or with Adobe Media Encoder.
Find the most commonly used presets quickly in the Composition Settings with the revamped Composition Presets list. Plus, the composition presets now include sizes for a variety of social platforms.
New Animation Presets
Get over 50 new animation presets created by our After Effects community. Designed for modern motion design workflows, these presets save you time on the techniques you use most, so you can create quick animations and don’t have to start from scratch.
Faster timeline navigation
Add Shift to the J and K hotkeys to quickly jump between keyframes and markers of selected layers and properties.
Cinema 4D optional installer
Choose when to download Cinema 4D with the new Add-ons option during After Effects installation. Install it using the Creative Cloud application when required, or skip it altogether.
Adobe After Effects CC is part of Adobe Creative Cloud.
What is After Effects CC and who is it for?
After Effects CC is the industry-leading animation and creative compositing software used by a wide variety of motion graphics and visual effects artists. It offers superior control, a wealth of creative options, and integration with other post-production applications — and it’s available only in Creative Cloud.
Does After Effects still support 32-bit operating systems?
No. The performance benefits of native 64-bit support make it the best choice for the demanding technical requirements of working with video, particularly HD and higher resolution content. Offering only 64-bit support enables Adobe to optimize performance even further.
I use a Mac. How does the lack of 32-bit support affect me?
The lack of 32-bit support does not affect the majority of Mac computers that use Intel® processors. The only Mac users affected by the lack of 32-bit support are those using Intel based Mac computers with Intel Core™ Duo (single-core) processors. Refer to the After Effects CC system requirements to make sure your computer meets the minimum system requirements.
Will my existing plug-ins work with After Effects CC?
Any 64-bit plug-ins designed for After Effects will work in After Effects CC. Any 32-bit plug-ins for After Effects will need new versions designed for 64-bit computing. For more information, contact the plug-in manufacturers.
Minimum System Requirements
Note: The current version of After Effects (22.0) only supports Cinema 4D vR24 (installer included). However, the latest Cinema 4D vR25 is compatible with After Effects versions earlier than 22.0. If your workflow requires features only available in Cinema 4D R25, please use After Effects 2021 (version 18.4 or above). Support for R25-only features in After Effects 2022 will be available in a future update.
System requirements are valid for the following releases:
After Effects 22.0 (October 2021) release.
After Effects - Windows
|Minimum specifications||Recommended Specifications|
|Processor||Intel or AMD Quad-Core Processor||(8-Core or above for Multi-Frame Rendering recommended)|
|Operating system||Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit) V20H2 or later||Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit) V20H2 or later|
|RAM||16 GB minimum||32 GB recommended|
|GPU||2 GB of GPU VRAM|
Note: For systems with NVIDIA GPUs, Windows 11 requires NVIDIA driver version 472.12 or later.
|4GB or more of GPU VRAM recommended|
|Hard disk space||15 GB of available hard-disk space; additional free space required during installation (cannot install on removable flash storage devices)||Additional disk space for disk cache (64GB+ recommended)|
|Monitor resolution||1920 x 1080||1920 x 1080 or greater display resolution|
|Internet||Internet connection and registration are necessary for required software activation, validation of subscriptions, and access to online services.*|
Internet connection and registration are necessary for required software activation, validation of subscriptions, and access to online services.
After Effects - macOS
|Minimum specifications||Recommended specifications|
|Processor||Intel, Native Apple Silicon, Rosetta2 Supported Quad-Core Processor||8-Core or above for Multi-Frame Rendering|
|Operating system||macOS Big Sur v11.0 or later||macOS Monterey v12.0 or later|
|RAM||16 GB of RAM||32 GB|
|GPU||2 GB of GPU VRAM|
(Draft 3D requires discrete GPUs that are compatible with Apple Metal 2)
|4 GB of GPU VRAM|
|Hard disk space||15GB of available hard-disk space for installation; additional free space required during installation (cannot install on a volume that uses a case-sensitive file system or on removable flash storage devices||Additional disk space for disk cache 64GB+|
|Monitor resolution||1440x900||1440x900 or greater display resolution|
|Internet||Internet connection and registration are necessary for required software activation, validation of subscriptions, and access to online services.*||Internet connection and registration are necessary for required software activation, validation of subscriptions, and access to online services.*|
After Effects VR System Requirements
|Head Mounted Display (HMD)||Operating system||Other Requirements|
|Oculus Rift||Windows 10|
RAM (memory): 8 GB+ RAM
USB: At least two (2x) USB 3.0 ports—three (3x) total available USB ports
HD (disk space): 4 GB+ free space
|HTC Vive ||On Windows:|
|Windows Mixed Reality||Windows 10||On Windows:|
Language versions available for After Effects CC
After Effects CC is available in the following languages:
- Brazilian Portuguese
- Simplified Chinese
After Effects supports text composition in Middle Eastern as well as Indic scripts using the “South Asian and Middle Eastern” text engine.
Fixed issues in the March 2023 release (version 23.3)
March 28, 2023
- Fixed an issue that caused After Effects to crash when using certain MXF format files.
- Fixed an issue where migrating preferences from the n-2 version did not migrate workspaces and keyboard shortcuts.
- Fixed an issue that caused Adobe Illustrator files imported from Creative Cloud Libraries to be renamed.
- Fixed an issue with long library file paths causing the import to a project to fail.
- Fixed an issue where OCIO color management didn’t update the display color space when the project color bit depth was changed.
- Fixed an issue where ICC profiles were embedded in still exports (JPEG, PNG) when OCIO color management was in use.
- Fixed an issue that caused the RGBA channel to be available for unsupported formats in Output Module Settings.
- Fixed an issue with the Expression editor that caused text selection to be offset from the cursor.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Expression editor to display incorrect font.
- Fixed an issue that caused After Effects to crash when applying Look LUT from Creative Cloud Libraries.
- Fixed an issue that caused After Effects to crash when resizing panels with EGP hidden behind another panel.
- Fixed an issue where dropdown controls had stopped working in third-party panels.
- Fixed an issue where PSD-based layers showed “Zero denominator comparing ratios” errors.
- The gradient dialog is now color managed and will display accurate colors when project color management is enabled.
- Embedded images in Adobe Illustrator documents animate more smoothly.
- Additional improvements to the performance of scrubbing the Current Time Indicator on Windows devices.
- Fixed Cinema 4D issues:
- Crash when extracting data from Cinema 4D scene.
- Switching back to After Effects from Cinema 4D.
- Connecting to the Cineware Renderer failed.
- Redshift materials are not displaying in the Draft mode.
- Non-ASCII characters in lists
After Effects (February 2023)
Released Feb 7, 2023
OpenColorlO and ACES color management
ACES is the industry standard for managing color throughout the life cycle of a motion picture or television production. It simplifies the complexity arising from the use of multiple image capture and presentation devices by providing standards to maintain end-to-end image fidelity.
After Effects integration with OpenColorlO (OCIO) simplifies the ACES workflow and enables you to work natively in ACES within After Effects.
Now in After Effects (Beta) – Properties Panel
Use the Properties Panel to quickly access important properties of selected layers in the Timeline panel without the need to twirl open multiple layer hierarchies or a different panel. It improves the accessibility of layer and object properties that speed up your workflows.
This Beta (After Effects v23.2) adds the Properties Panel feature for the Text layers. A quick and easy way to edit all the properties from the Character and Paragraph panels for your selected layer. Update your font, change your fill and stroke, set your paragraph alignment, and even add Text Animators, all without needing to switch between panels.
What’s new in Adobe After Effects 2021
After Effects is always getting better, with new features rolling out regularly. And with your Creative Cloud membership, you get them as soon as we release them.
Introducing your 3D design space
Take 3D projects further with new tools to help you navigate and design in 3D space. Add multiple cameras to a scene and orbit, pan, and dolly based on various viewpoints.
Use the new mode to design and navigate content in 3D space better and faster in After Effects. This release introduces the following tools:
- 3D Transform Gizmos
- Camera tools for improved navigation in 3D
One tool for three dimensions
The new 3D Transform Gizmo allows you to scale, position, and rotate 3D layers, all with one tool. With visual guides and multiple modes, this multifunctional gizmo offers more power when navigating 3D.
Use the new 3D Transform Gizmo to rotate, scale, and position a camera. Use the Dimensional guides to view how far a camera has moved or how many degrees it has been rotated. Quickly switch between gizmo modes to focus on a single task.
Quickly move around 3D space right after turning a 2D layer into a 3D layer. Add multiple cameras to a scene based on various viewpoints. Intuitively orbit, pan, and dolly around a scene using customizable keyboard shortcuts.
Rotoscoping powered by AI
Roto Brush 2 uses Adobe Sensei to make rotoscoping easy, intuitive, and accurate. It’s the automatic way to select and track objects and isolate them frame by frame, so you can get back to your creative flow fast.
Use Roto Brush 2 to separate a foreground object from its background faster and more accurately. Powered by Sensei, it uses machine learning to propagate selections over time, saving hours of the laboriously rotoscoping frame by frame.
Easy removal of objects from video clips
With Content-Aware Fill, remove unwanted items up to 25% faster with a third of the memory — no need to mask or cut frame by frame.
After Effects 17.1.4 (September 2020)
This was not a real spectacular update for After Effects. Adobe fixed some bugs and other issues. In addition, Adobe updated the following:
- Channel Combiner and Channel Effects. Now GPU accelerated.
- Motion Graphic templates that utilize the Roto Brush Effect can now be imported into Premiere Pro. For more information, see Work with Motion Graphics templates in After Effects.
New features and enhancements in the May 2020 release (version 17.1)
Tapered shape strokes
When you create a shape layer stroke, you can use the new parameters – Taper and Wave to create wavy, pointy, or rounded strokes. You can vary the thickness of the shape strokes, modify the intensity of the tapering, and also animate the appearance of the strokes to create unique graphic elements, and create more expressive shape animations.
For more information, see How to taper shape strokes.
Concentric shape repeater
The Offset Paths shape effect has two new parameters:
- Copies Offset
Create geometric patterns, and concentric duplicates of shapes using these new parameters. You can use these to create designs with a retro vibe, and mandala patterns.
For more information, see Use Offset Paths shape effect to alter shapes.
ProRes RAW import support
After Effects now offers the ability to import and edit Apple ProRes RAW media on properly configured systems.
For more information, see ProRes RAW Support in Adobe Video Applications.
Automatically update audio devices (macOS only)
Set Audio Hardware preferences to System Default on macOS to switch changes in the OS audio device settings, such as when connecting headphones or AirPods, or plugging in a USB microphone. You can configure this separately for input and output devices, providing control and flexibility for different editing environments.
Copy media to shared location
When using Team Projects, you can copy project media to a shared location such as network attached storage, Adobe Creative Cloud, or a Dropbox folder for multi-user access.
For more information, see Add and manage media in Team Projects.
Enable collaboration on cloud documents
Create multiple versions of projects and collaborate on shared progress when working remotely.
- Minimax effect now supports GPU acceleration for faster processing and rendering. For more GPU accelerated effects, see GPU accelerated effects.
- The Set Channels effect now has 32-bpc color support.
Bugs fixed in the February 2020 release (version 17.0.3)
- Projects saved in After Effects 17.0.3 containing rotoscope data open in After Effects 17.0.1 without causing a missing data error.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when using scripting or, drag and drop of a file into a project.
- Fixed an error, “After Effects Error: zero denominator in ratio multiply. ( 17 :: 17 )” that may show after opening the Render Queue window.
- Fixed an issue where a comp may display twice in the preview window when no dedicated GPU is available or detected.
- Removed the Automatic Duck Pro Import After Effects plug-in on MacOS. For more information, see Pro Import plug-in is missing on macOS.
- Fixed the Dropdown Menu Control Effect where new items are not added when in active text edit mode.
- Enabled 32-bpc support for Minimax effect.
- Additional fixes for corrupted rendering on 16” MacBook Pro.
- Installing or Uninstalling After Effects no longer removes or overwrites newer Cinema 4D versions installed independently of After Effects.
Bugs fixed in the January 2020 release (version 17.0.2)
- A project saved in After Effects 17.0.1 containing Rotoscope data would not open and would show an error related to Missing Data.
- On macOS, an issue can occur when the comp window is on a different physical display than the timeline window and the first click on the comp window would not allow selection of items in the comp.
- After Effects crashes when using puppet and clicking on an intersecting outline in certain situations.
- Added support for 11.988 fps as a standard import/export rate. Previously, clips imported or exported at this FPS rate may have a duplicated first frame.
- Updated OpenEXR suite of plug-ins to fix a number of issues identified after 17.0 release:
- IDentifier: Improper keyframed effect properties are allowed.
- EXtractoR: Error and crash previewing with keyframed effect properties, Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Assertion failed, Expression: FALSE
- Cryptomatte: Error and crash previewing with keyframed effect properties, Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Assertion failed, Expression: FALSE
- Cryptomatte: incorrect rendering and target selection when layer bounds are outside comp.
- Fixed the error message – “No valid color space in VideoFrameHeader” when Character Animator dynamic-link scene is rendered in AE with conversion to Rec. 709 set to True.
- Improved use of the GPU during preview display.
- Various improvements to preview panning and zooming while playing back a comp.
- Content Aware fill now supports Unicode characters in Fill folder path.
Bugs fixed in the December 2019 release (version 17.0.1)
General stability, usability, and performance
- Fixed an issue where using the arrow keys to scroll through fonts in the character panel do not show a live preview on the selected text layer.
- Updates for OpenEXR and Cryptomatte to fix a number of bugs.
- Can’t open Cryptomatte effect modal settings dialog when launching with fresh preferences.
- Cryptomatte effect Layer settings popup is blank by default.
- Changing Cryptomatte effect Layer setting after making selection does not display warning.
- Save Frame As ProEXR does not update the default name in the save dialog.
- Fixed an issue where opening the layer preview window may show up blank. This may occur if a project has been saved on Windows, then opened on macOS.
- Fixed an issue where the I and O keys may not work as keyboard shortcuts.
- Fixed an issue where After Effects may show a leaked memory warning on quit.
- Fixed Cartoon effect that may show corrupted or unexpected artifacts on some frames or after a purge of memory cache.
- Fixed a problem setting PWS through scripting where a requested profile may not be set.
- Fixed master properties not animating unless the original property is animated.
- Fixed an issue where shift-rescaling will incorrectly flip the layer if the layer has previously been flipped.
- Fixed an issue where the UI becomes unresponsive because the auto-save folder could not be created or is read-only.
- Fixed an issue where random characters may appear in Undo/Redo History when moving Footage to the Composition by drag and drop.
- Fixed an issue with GPU Drop Shadow effect that may cause hardware preview playback to stop.
- Fixed Dropdown Menu expression control effect duplicates not appearing in the correct order.
- Fixed an issue where audio may be muted when an audio-only preview is started.
- Restored default behavior of 16.x when dealing with YCC footage to be the full range Rec. 709 profile (Compensate is on).
- Fixed marquee selection in Warp Stabilizer tracking points not working correctly when not at 100% zoom.
- Fixed an issue where Colorama color picker may not pick the correct color.
- Fixed an issue where the timeline panel may become unresponsive during preview.
- Fixed an application hang that could occur if the timeline CTI was set to a negative time by an expression or script.
- Fixed an issue where the color workspace may not be honored between Adobe Media Encoder and After Effects.
- Fixed an issue where Pseudoeffect properties being used as Master Properties are zeroed out and keyframes removed on project open. If you have a project with this issue, you need to:
- Start After Effects
- Open the project
- Clear any errors
- Close the project, but not After Effects
- Open the project again
- Save the project
- Close After Effects
- Open After Effects and the project and the error should be gone.
Render and export
- Fixed a rendering issue where Mac hardware built before mid-2012 would show either a static preview or duplicate previews (one static, one animating).
- Fixed a rendering issue with Roughen Edges that may show additional content outside the bounds of a shape layer.
- Fixed a rendering issue with the new 16” Macbook Pro that would show a corrupted preview.
- Fixed crash on macOS launch if the hardware does not support Metal rendering.
- Fixed hardware rendering issue on partially occluded small frames with large zoom.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when rendering a comp to Adobe Media Encoder when the encoder preset was trying to match the source quality for its settings.
- Fixed a rendering issue with time remapped comps.
- Fixed a crash when rendering certain motion graphic templates in Premiere Pro on Windows using CUDA rendering.
- Improved the rendering of frames when changing zoom level while a preview is playing back. If the comp quality is set to Auto, the preview can still show an incorrectly sized comp for a frame or two. Setting the comp quality to full or half, etc. will resolve this issue.
- Cryptomatte crashes with no layer selection in the effect settings dialog.
- Fixed a crash where Colorama color picker would crash on macOS 10.15.
- Fixed a potential crash when using macOS 10.15.1 and purging cache memory.
- Fixed crash that may occur when applying a motion graphic template to a Premiere Pro timeline when the fonts needed weren’t synchronized.
- Fixed crash on macOS launch if the hardware does not support Metal rendering.
- Fixed crash that may occur while an error dialog was trying to be shown.
- Fixed unstable puppet engine crash when in a semi-untessellated state.
- Fixed random noise and crashes when using Shadow Diffusion in a Classic 3D comp.
- Fixed an error or crash when using the Mask Tracker in Perspective Mode.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when using special characters in a drop-down control in the Essential Graphics Panel.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when preview playback is below real time and the comp contains audio.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when rendering a comp to Adobe Media Encoder when the encoder preset was trying to match the source quality for its settings.
- Fixed a crash that might occur when a scrollbar is clicked in a panel that doesn’t have overflowing content.
- Fixed a crash that may occur when shape overlays are enabled in the comp window.
- Fixed a crash that could occur on macOS when clicking and scrubbing in the timecode edit control in the timeline window.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when opening a project in a situation where After Effects has multiple importers to handle the file type.
Bugs fixed in the November 2019 release (version 17.0)
- After Effects can crash if the OS changes the number of active CPU cores available to After Effects after the program starts.
- When using Dynamic Link with Character Animator, macOS 10.14 and 10.15 do not correctly ask for permission to use the microphone and camera within After Effects. This only occurs once now.
- Fixed crashes related to zooming in and out while previewing.
- Fixed a bug where 3D extrusion of text or shapes could be drawn with incorrect meshes.
- Various scripts built into After Effects such as VR environment, and Trace Path are not working correctly in non-Latin languages.
- Fixed keys such as I, O and C not being able to be reassigned in the Keyboard Shortcut system.
- Updated the CyCore plug-in suite with following fixes:
- CC Overbrights: Better behavior when no over bright pixels present. Fixed alpha consistency between options, and changed the default view option to RGB Clip.
- CC PixelPolly: Always depth sorted.
- CC Cylinder: New Rotation Order control (Same as in CC Sphere). Select an axis combination. This selection is now used to rotate the cylinder when using the Rotation control.
- CC Vignette: Smartfx layer transform issues.
- CC LightBurst: Layer resize issues.
- CC Drizzle: Uninitiated output pixels on area sample overflow with small layers.
- CC Hair: Minor light calculation error.
- Fixed crash that can occur when you output PSD sequence from the render queue.
- Fixed crash that can occur when you use certain plugins with a comp containing audio clips.
- Fixed crash that could occur on mac 10.15 when purging cache.
- Dropdown Menu scripting control should now work when using After Effects in Russian.
- Fixed an issue where comps using the OpenColorIO plugin might be removed from a project on open unexpectedly.
- Fixed the offset render issue with adjustment layers and an effect that has a layer parameter sampling the effect input.
- Display more readable and understandable color space name of media in UI.
- Fixed Dynamic Link: After Effects closes the open project when creating a new comp from Premiere Pro.
- Fixed crash when clicking on menu with text field open.
- Fixed crash when repeatedly opening and closing Lumetri scopes panel.
- Fixed dynamic link: Premiere Pro fails to connect to headless After Effects from headed server.
- Fixed adding dropdown effect fails and deletes all effects on layer.
- Fixed no context error on mac with puppet pin and new team project.
- Fixed Cache Before Playback not working as expected.
- Fixed script exception and alert dialog on app startup.
- Fixed issue with CEP extensions that distribute as compiled JSXBIN.
- “Unable to connect to adobe fonts” dialog was not showing when user was disconnected from internet.
- Fixed crash that would occur when pressing the tab key to move between timeline or effects properties.
- Fixed keyframes and expressions not recognized as Master Properties unless the original property has keyframes or expressions.
- Fixed VFR footage with interpret footage options set to preserve audio sync that would display green frames and flash frames out of sequence.
- Color Updates:
- Match ProRes HDR rendering in 16.x for projects saved in 16.x.
- Preserve color settings when duplicating certain types of footage.
- Make projects saved with Save As Previous match rendering to that version.
- Fixed asserts when opening projects with missing color managed footage that were saved in older versions of AE.
- Fixed Dropdown Menu Effect – Hitting ok via tab and enter will not commit changes on MacOS.
- Fixed issue where path is converted to Bezier Path and any other selected parameters are deleted leaving just the path in the timeline.
- Fixed crash when generating a content aware fill layer for a comp that has a data layer.
- Fixed crash when canceling verifying fonts dialog box while exporting motion graphics templates.
- Fixed mismatch in handling over-range values between SW renderer with HWBP On and SW renderer with HWBP Off.
- Fixed evolution field of fractal noise triggering hard crash.
- Fixed aerender is not working – Crash on Win, ERROR -609 on Mac.
- Fixed various asserts being shown when previewing comps with various other panels open (e.g. Lumetri scopes).
- Audio sync should also be working again when previewing.
- Additional fixes for Cineware to fix server initialization errors.
- Drag and drop of items from the project panel to comp or timeline windows should now work on macOS 10.15.
- Fixed Cineware server startup failure to launch error.
- The Raytracing 3D renderer has been removed from After Effects.
- Performance improvements when using master properties combined with expressions. Performance fixes for macOS when using software render modes.
- Updates to Cineware plugin where certain script files were missing.
- Compensate for scene-referred profiles is no longer checked by default.
- Library for importing Flash SWF files has been updated to the latest release. Please check any and all Flash related files are still working.
- Force EXR to import as a comp even if it set to import as footage but Create comp checkbox is checked.
- Fixed using keyboard shortcut “Replace with Placeholder” on multiple footage items will crash AE.
- Fixed issue where some render queue settings were being ignored after duplication of queue item.
- Fixed issue where ACR Camera Raw files could not be imported.
Content-Aware Fill in After Effects CC 16.1
After Effects CC 16.1 has plenty of great new features, but the biggest news in this release is the new Content-Aware Fill. This tool, like the one in Photoshop, removes unwanted objects from a video, using Adobe Sensei technology. Remove gear, people, cars, and more with this tool.
Remove objects from your video with Content-Aware Fill in After Effects CC 16.1
Using Mask Tracking and Reference Frames with Content-Aware Fill
New features in After Effects CC 16.1, April 2019 Release
Here it is, straight from Adobe:
Content-Aware Fill for video
Easily and cleanly remove unwanted objects, including boom mics, signs, and even people, from your clip. Powered by Adobe Sensei, Content-Aware Fill automatically fills the space throughout your clip, saving you hours of painstaking erasing or replacing objects frame by frame.
A new Expressions Editor makes writing expressions easier with line numbers, matching brace highlighting, and code folding. Customize your coding environment with syntax highlighting themes. Identify and fix problems quickly with in-line error messages.
More GPU-accelerated effects include Roughen Edges and Change Color. Both now support 16- and 32-bpc color. Work faster than ever in Team Projects when using multiple assets between team members.
Save guides to share with Premiere Pro editors
Load and save guide setups to reuse in new projects and share with Premiere Pro editors to set parameters for their sequence.
Automatic font syncing
As you move from machine to machine or project to project, any missing fonts will automatically sync from Adobe Fonts, if available.
Expanded format support
RED debayering is now functional for Mercury GPU Acceleration (Metal) on macOS. Now you can import Sony VENICE X-OCN footage.
After Effects CC 16.0.1 (December 2018)
- Apple ProRes support, including ProRes 4444 and ProRes 422 formats
April 2018 Update (15.1)
Streamline graphics creation with Master Properties
Create multiple variations of a single composition with Master Properties. Choose properties like text, position and color to adjust in context, without having to open a precomp to make changes.
Advanced Puppet Engine
Twist and bend layers with greater control and smoother deformations. Add pins to any shape and the Advanced Puppet Engine adds mesh detail where you need it most.
Essential Graphics Panel improvements
Add most timeline properties to the Essential Graphics panel, including 2D position, rotation and scale. Export them as Motion Graphics template controls to customize your design in Premiere Pro.
Data-driven animation improvements
More easily import and use native data files (including JSON, CSV, and TSV) right in the timeline. A public API lets third parties implement other data file format support. Link properties to data more easily with the pick whip without enabling expressions first.
Performance and GPU optimizations
The Add Grain, Remove Grain and Match Grain effects are now multi-threaded for up to 5x faster performance. GPU usage is more efficient: work with larger frame sizes without memory errors.
Open Motion Graphics templates in After Effects
Motion Graphics templates can be opened as a project in After Effects, retaining compositions and assets. Make edits and then save as a project or export as a new Motion Graphics template for users of Premiere Pro.
Support for Adobe Immersive Environment and improved VR Plane to Sphere effect
Preview your VR composition the way it’s meant to be seen, in a VR head-mounted display. The Adobe Immersive Environment supports the HTC Vive and Oculus Rift on Mac and Windows. An overhauled VR Plane to Sphere effect delivers higher-quality transformations.
Video Limiter effect
Limit chroma and luma values to meet broadcast specifications. Apply to individual layers or to an adjustment layer to limit your entire composition.
Enhanced support for Team Projects
Enhancements include improved tracking of collaborators, better project management, and more.
And so much more
Also includes: A shortcut to quickly cycle through mask modes, the ability to automatically center shape layer anchor points, better disk cache management, and project organization improvements.
The January 2018 update for After Effects CC includes New After Effects Format Support and Memory Improvements
New Format Support
- This update includes support for three new formats across After Effects, Premiere Pro, and Adobe Media Encoder:
- Variable frame rate video with audio sync
- Footage recorded with a variable frame rate, such as from screen capture software or video shot on mobile phones, now maintains audio sync when played back or exported.
- ARRI ALEXA Mini MXF/ARRIRAW
- Footage captured by the ARRI ALEXA Mini camera in MXF/ARRIRAW format (ARRIRAW codec in an MXF container file) can now be imported.
- HEVC (H.265) QuickTime
- HEVC (also known as H.265) codec footage in a QuickTime (.MOV) container, such as produced by an iPhone or iPad with iOS 11 or a DJI Phantom 4 drone, can now be imported into After Effects, Premiere Pro, and Adobe Media Encoder.
- Variable frame rate video with audio sync
- Work with higher-resolution VR footage with lower GPU memory requirements through more efficient cubemap layout. The Create VR Environment and Extract Cubemap tools now generate the intermediate cubemap in 3:2 format instead of 4:3 format, enabling 6K VR (monoscopic) workflows at medium quality on GPUs with only 4GB of memory.
Key Bug Fixes
- After Effects no longer crashes when you copy shape layer data from mocha AE CC or mocha Pro.
- Parameter values no longer overlap in the Timeline panel on Windows when display scaling is set to 150 percent.
- Context menus now work in undocked panels on a secondary monitor on mac OS 10.13 (High Sierra).
- Keyboard shortcuts assigned to commands generated by plug-ins now work on Windows.
- The recent fonts list at the top of the font menu in the Character panel is no longer missing.
- The sourceData and sourceText expression attributes now correctly decode Unicode characters in JSON files.
- Expression-heavy compositions no longer render more slowly than After Effects 14.2.1.
- DNxHD and DNxHR codec QuickTime files exported with alpha no longer have a dark halo in the alpha channel.
- QuickTime or AVI files exported via the render queue will no longer be missing the last frame if you have selected a codec that is not native to After Effects and the project is set to Mercury GPU Acceleration.
- XML project files (.aepx) saved in a previous version of After Effects no longer open with all effect names removed and all masks renamed to “Mask”.
- If the Media Cache location is set to the root directory of a drive, Premiere Pro 12.0.1 no longer fails to load a Motion Graphics template created by After Effects or shows a warning that After Effects needs to be installed.
The June 2017 update for After Effects CC (Version 14.2.1) includes significant performance enhancements as well as bug fixes, and is recommended for all users.
- We fixed the “Cached preview needs 2 or more frames to play back” memory allocation errors, caused by an incorrect estimate of free memory when After Effects attempted to render or preview frames. (Note that you will, however, still see this message if you attempt to preview a single frame.) These fixes should also enable you to preview longer stretches of your timeline.
- Text rendering has been optimized. As a result, Dynamic Link rendering performance of After Effects compositions, including Motion Graphics templates and legacy text templates, is now significantly faster, up to 4x faster depending on the composition.
- Importing Illustrator or PDF files, or opening a project containing those files, is now 3-4x faster for files with many layers or a very large number of vectors to parse.
Miscellaneous bug fixes
- The Camera-Shake Deblur effect now renders correctly when the project color depth is set to 16-bpc or 32-bpc.
- Buttons in ScriptUI panels have been reverted to the rectangular appearance seen in After Effects 14.1 and previous releases.
- The Lumetri Scopes panel no longer displays at a reduced size on Windows when HiDPI display scaling is enabled.
- Overbright pixels in 32-bpc compositions no longer lack a color cast, when appropriate, if the Hardware Accelerate Composition, Layer, and Footage Panels preference is enabled.
- Opening a project that contains a missing JPEG sequence footage now reports the missing sequence correctly instead of “file ‘<folder name>’ cannot be imported this ‘????’ file is damaged or unsupported.”
- The CINEMA 4D renderer no longer fails to render the frame or give an error, “CINEMA 4D Render Failed (5070::0)”, if you enable motion blur when the Composition panel is set to an orthographic 3D view.
- Changing Brightness in Preferences > Appearance no longer leaves some parts of the user interface at the previous brightness until you restart After Effects. Note that CEP panel tabs, such as the Libraries panel, still have this problem; we are investigating this remaining problem for a future release.
After Effects – Premiere Pro interoperability improvements:
- The sample Motion Graphics templates installed by After Effects have been updated so that they no longer fail to render correctly in Premiere Pro if After Effects is installed in a non-English language.
- Text layers in a Premiere Pro graphic object now include tracking, kerning, and tsume values when they are brought into After Effects. Also, vertical text is no longer changed to horizontal text.
- Shape layers in a Premiere Pro graphic with the fill attribute disabled no longer have a red fill when they are brought into After Effects.
- Premiere Pro graphic objects that have effects applied between graphic object layers now replicate the effects on adjustment layers when they are brought into After Effects. A similar problem with masks is solved by replicating the mask as a track matte. Also, keyframes at frame zero in the graphic object are no longer adjusted forward one frame.
- Premiere Pro graphic object layers with their visibility eyeballs disabled no longer have their visibility re-enabled when they are brought into After Effects.
- Bars and Tone and HD Bars and Tone clips in a Premiere Pro project are now replicated as a placeholder footage object instead of a solid layer when they are brought into After Effects. (Note that the audio tone is still not included, you can add the Tone effect to manually replicate that.)
Team Projects fixes
- Team Projects no longer prevents footage from being deleted from the project if a composition or sequence has a dependency on the footage.
- Team Projects no longer flags a footage item as needing to be shared if the only change was that the footage was relinked to the same source media.
Scripting and Expressions fixes
- The AVItem.setProxyToNone() scripting method no longer fails with an error message, “After Effects error: AEGP trying to add invalid footage”.
- The system.callSystem() scripting method now waits for all tasks called by the command to complete, instead of failing when the command takes a long time to complete.
- Enabling expressions for a property on macOS 10.12 using the Option+Shift+= (equals sign) keyboard shortcut no longer replaces the default expression with the ± (plus-minus sign) character.
The April 2017 update for After Effects CC (version 14.2) includes these new features:
- Essential Graphics Panel
- Lumetri Scopes
- Camera-Shake Deblur
- Simplified Effect Organization
- RTL and Indic text support
- Dynamic Link support in Team Projects (Beta)
- Additional GPU-accelerated effects
- Native support for high frame rate footage and compositions, up to 999fps
- The Solids folder can now be organized and renamed like any other project item
- Mask mode editing keyboard shortcuts and higher limits for Mask Expansion and Mask Feather
- Character leading and Team Projects features are now scriptable
- Colored markers
The January 2017 update for After Effects CC (version 14.1) fixes these bugs:
- Adobe Media Encoder and Premiere Pro again render compositions at full resolution, regardless of the resolution set in the Composition panel in After Effects. (When using the Queue In AME command, the resolution you specify in the Render Settings dialog will be used.)
- JPEG image sequence footage no longer changes its frame rate and duration when the project is saved, if the frame rate assigned in the Interpret Footage dialog differs from the preference for sequence footage frame rate. Note: JPEG sequences in projects last saved by versions 14.0 or 14.0.1 are not automatically corrected to their previous frame rate. To fix such projects, change the frame rate to the expected value in the Interpret Footage dialog for these JPEG sequences.
- After Effects no longer crashes when you open the preferences if the audio device last used by After Effects was disabled or disconnected.
- Auto-save timing has been fixed so that the timer only starts after you make a change to a saved (or new) project. This prevents problems where the timer would run while the project was saved but not changed, resulting in auto-save occurring after you make the next change.
- After Effects no longer disables the Hardware Accelerate Composition, Layer, and Footage Panels option on Windows when you unlock the computer while After Effects is active. (You should no longer receive the warning, “Hardware-accelerated views have been disabled because they are not compatible with Remote Desktop”, unless you are actually using Remote Desktop.)
- Text templates that use sourceRectAtTime() in an expression now update the comp correctly when the text is changed in Premiere Pro.
- Text templates that use expressions to reference other layers now update the comp correctly when the text is changed in Premiere Pro.
- Text templates no longer display layers as offline in Premiere Pro if the source file for that layer uses non-English Unicode characters.
- When you select a template project in Preferences > New Project, the file dialog box allows you to select all project format types (.aet, .aep, and .aepx) without changing the format type selector.
- Creating a new project from a template, when enabled in Preferences > New Project, no longer adds the project template to the File > Open Recent menu.
- Orthographic views of compositions using the CINEMA 4D renderer are no longer offset and shifted from layer handles.
- Previews with the Skip option enabled (i.e., not zero) in the Preview panel no longer play at less than real-time when you play through previously cached frames.
- Composition and layer viewer panels no longer downsample the preview image if you make a change during playback and the composition Fast Preview option is set to Adaptive Resolution.
- After Effects no longer crashes when you quit on a Mac computer with an Intel GPU, after you import video footage or JPEG images.
- After Effects no longer sometimes crashes when you quit while a preview is playing back.
- After Effects no longer crashes on start when trying to load a plug-in from a folder with a very long name.
- After Effects no longer crashes if you apply the Glow effect to a synthetic layer (e.g., solid, shape, text, etc.) and the layer is outside of the comp bounds, if the project is set to use GPU acceleration and is in 8- or 16-bpc mode.
The January 2017 update for After Effects CC (version 14.1) also includes these improvements to Team Projects (Beta):
- Team projects can now be saved as a local project (.aep) by choosing Edit > Team Projects > Convert Team Project to Project.
- The Edit > Edit in Adobe Audition command is now available for layers with audio in a team project.
- Many bugs with team projects have been fixed.
The 14.0.1 bug-fix update for After Effects addresses these bugs:
- Real-time playback of previews on macOS 10.11 and 10.12 is no longer affected by redrawing the Timeline panel. (Workarounds, such as docking a different panel below the Timeline panel or previewing in Full Screen, are no longer necessary.) Also, After Effects no longer draws a white line at the bottom of the application window.
- Stopping a preview or face tracking on macOS no longer sometimes causes After Effects to hang.
- Color profiles assigned to video footage no longer are no longer reset to Rec.709 when the project is saved.
- Help menu commands which open help pages on Adobe.com now work if After Effects CC 2015.3 is not installed.
- After Effects no longer crashes in some cases when using an external multichannel audio device for preview (Preferences > Audio Hardware).
- After Effects no longer crashes when quit after importing video footage files on Mac hardware with an integrated Intel GPU.
- After Effects no longer crashes when importing or replacing certain PDF files.
- After Effects no longer crashes in some circumstances when both a pre-comp (without Collapse Transformations enabled) and its parent comp use the CINEMA 4D renderer.
What’s new with Adobe After Effects 2017?
3D rendering engine
Improve rendering performance on your CPU and create elements such as extruded text and shape layers directly inside After Effects with the new 3D rendering engine from Cinema 4D.
Team Projects (Beta)
Collaborate and share sequences and compositions in real time with Team Projects (Beta). Features like version control and conflict resolution are built right into After Effects, Premiere Pro and Prelude so teams can work better together. Available now for Creative Cloud for teams and enterprise customers.
Speed up your workflow by playing back most raw footage in real-time without rendering or caching first.
Faster effects and interactive performance
Get rid of bottlenecks and work faster with more GPU-accelerated effects, as well as Dynamic Link improvements that eliminate intermediate rendering between Premiere Pro and After Effects.
Live Text Template improvements
Package your compositions in a single file that allows users to easily share Live Text Templates with Premiere Pro.
Character Animator enhancements
Make Photoshop and Illustrator changes to your puppet and update faster with improved Character Animator performance. Switch easily between Character Animator, After Effects and Premiere Pro using Dynamic Link.
With Typekit Marketplace, you can buy fonts from some of the industry’s biggest names and use them in your After Effects projects. Instantly sync your purchased fonts to your devices and bring them directly into your compositions.
Creative Cloud Assets improvements
Archive and restore all your assets stored in Creative Cloud, including the ones in your Creative Cloud Libraries, assets created with CC desktop products, and mobile projects.
Make sure your team and freelancers are always working off the same page by creating your own new project template with set color guides and file structure, and sharing it in Creative Cloud Folders.
Date and time tokens
Keep track of multiple outputs from the same file by adding date and time tokens to your file name output template.
And so much more
Also includes: Better UI retina support, improved markers, scripting enhancements, Adobe Media Encoder export improvements, enhanced Time Remapping, a 360-degree preset for monoscopic equirectangular video viewing, and more.
The After Effects CC 2015 (13.8.1) bug-fix update addresses these bugs:
- After Effects no longer crashes (kernel panic) macOS 10.11 when started on certain Mac hardware with Nvidia GPU’s. A result of this change is that Mercury GPU Acceleration using Metal is not available for Mac hardware with Nvidia GPU’s. Mercury GPU Acceleration using OpenCL remains available.
- H.264 and AVC footage no longer decode with random red frames on Windows computers with certain Intel HD graphics configurations. If you experienced this problem, red frames can still appear for previously cached footage until you clear the caches: click both the Empty Disk Cache and Clean Database & Cache buttons in Preferences > Media & Disk Cache.
- Audio no longer unexpectedly loops incorrect samples towards the end of an After Effects composition, when exported via Adobe Media Encoder or dynamically linked to Premiere Pro.
- Audio-only previews no longer fail to start if Cache Before Playback is enabled.
- Audio-only previews now loop the preview-time indicator (PTI) to the start of the preview range as expected, in sync with audio playback.
- Audio no longer unexpectedly loops during previews with the Skip Frames option enabled, if Cache Before Playback is enabled and you interrupt caching before the full range is cached.
- Text template compositions in Premiere Pro no longer render some frames incorrectly.
- The Info panel no longer opens unexpectedly if closed when, for example, you move the mouse pointer over the Composition panel.
- Guides and grids draw at the expected width on Apple Retina displays.
- Math equations are again evaluated when exiting numerical input fields in dialog boxes, or when OK’ing the dialog.
- Adobe Bridge CC starts as expected when you choose File > Browse in Bridge, File > Reveal in Bridge, or Animation > Browse Presets.
- Text, shape, or Illustrator layers no longer draw with unexpected thin horizontal lines.
- Anti-aliasing has been corrected on text and shape layers.
- Lights with a cone angle larger than 175° no longer cause After Effects to crash on Windows.
- Stopping the render queue no longer experiences a long delay in certain situations before the render process stops on macOS.
- Exporting a composition no longer has a small probability in certain scenarios of replacing random frames with the wrong frame from the cache.
- Resizing a viewer panel is less likely to cause incorrect pixels to be drawn in the expanded or reduced regions of the panel.
- Proxies are now recognized when sending footage to After Effects from Premiere Pro.
- After Effects no longer crashes if you quit while Premiere Pro was rendering a dynamically linked composition.
- After Effects no longer crashes when you set a color management profile for an output module.
- Fixed a cause of crashes that occurred when the viewer panel was redrawn in certain cases, such as when panning with the Hand tool.
- Fixed a cause of crashes that occurred when expressions were enabled in the project.
- Fixed a cause of crashes that occurred when After Effects was quit.
- Fixed a cause of crashes that occurred when After Effects was running in headless mode and quit.
- Fixed a cause of crashes that occurred when After Effects decodes an incorrectly encoded alpha channel in Apple ProRes 4444 files written by certain third party encoders.
New in 13.8.1
This update introduces native import and export support for the QuickTime Animation codec, and native import support for the PNG video codec and AAC audio codec inside of QuickTime files. This means you no longer need QuickTime installed on Windows in order to use QuickTime files with the Animation, PNG, or AAC codecs, part of our ongoing effort to provide native support for as many codecs as possible. These codecs are also natively supported in the updates to Premiere Pro CC 2015.4 (10.4), Adobe Media Encoder CC 2015.4 (10.4), Audition CC 2015.2 (9.2.1), and Prelude CC 2015.4 (5.0.1).
New & Changed in After Effects CC 2015 (13.8)
- Enhanced video and audio playback: After Effects CC 2015 (13.8) uses a new playback architecture to deliver real-time playback of cached frames with synced audio. The new architecture is shared with other Adobe applications, like Premiere Pro and Audition.
- Effect rendering on the GPU: The Lumetri Color, Gaussian Blur, and Sharpen effects can now render using your computer’s GPU. This improves rendering performance for these effects by 2x-4x over rendering using only the CPU (depending on the frame being rendered and the speed of your GPU). GPU effect rendering is controlled via the new Video Rendering and Effects option in the Project Settings dialog.
- Performance improvements: Many small changes under the hood include faster import and caching of image sequences, asynchronous drawing of viewer panels, faster opening of large projects, improved expression caching, and more.
- Additional native format support: Apple ProRes QuickTime files can be decoded on Windows without needing QuickTime installed on the system. RED camera raw file decoding now supports RED Scarlet-W, Raven, and Weapon cameras, including 8K .r3d footage.
- Lumetri Color effect improvements: The Lumetri Color effect can now render using your computer’s GPU, and includes new HSL Secondary controls and new SpeedLooks presets.
- Gaussian Blur effect improvements: The Gaussian Blur effect has been updated to a new version. The Repeat Edge Pixels option from the Fast Blur effect has been added, and the effect can now render using your computer’s GPU. This version of Gaussian Blur replaces both the previous Gaussian Blur (Legacy) effect and the Fast Blur effect, which are still available but have been moved to the Obsolete category.
- Add compositions to Adobe Media Encoder with render settings: You can now send compositions from the Render Queue to the Adobe Media Encoder queue with the options you choose in the Render Settings dialog. When you click the new Queue in AME button in the Render Queue panel, queued render items are added to Adobe Media Encoder. Compositions will be rendered by Adobe Media Encoder with the render settings you chose in After Effects.
- Read-only collaboration with Creative Cloud libraries: Assets in Creative Cloud libraries can be set to read-only, so they can be shared but not changed or deleted.
- Libraries panel improvements: The new Libraries workspace makes it easier to search and add assets to your project. Find the right content fast using filtered search for Adobe Stock, display of length and format for Stock video, and links to video previews.
- Scroll panel tabs using the Hand tool: When a panel group has more tabs than you can see at once, you can now scroll the tabs by panning with the Hand tool. For example, hold the spacebar key to activate the Hand tool, then click in the tab well and drag left or right, the same way you would to pan in the Composition panel.
- Maxon CINEWARE 3.1: The latest version of Maxon’s CINEWARE plug-in includes bug fixes, enhanced OpenGL rendering, and scene coordinate matching.
- Maxon Cinema 4D Exporter: The Maxon Cinema 4D Exporter now exports animated 3D text and shape layers into the .c4d file. 3D text layers can be exported as extruded spline objects that retain animation fidelity, or as extruded text objects that preserve the ability to edit the text in Cinema 4D.
- And even more: Many additional small improvements, such as a Swap Colors button in the Tint effect, refinements to project auto-save, and many bug fixes
Bug Fixes in After Effects CC 2015 (13.7.2) Mac Only.
This update fixes a bug that occurred in After Effects CC 2015 (13.7.1) on Mac OS X: RED (.r3d) files can again be imported, and are not reported as missing in existing projects.
Bug Fixes in After Effects CC 2015 (13.7.1)
This update fixes a small number of bugs, including a bug that caused After Effects to not be able to play back a cached preview in real-time on Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan).
What’s new in After Effects CC 2015 (13.7)
- Maxon CINEWARE 3.0
- Live Link, which synchronizes the timelines in After Effects and Cinema 4D (R17 SP2)
- support for the Cinema 4D Take System (R17)
- extract .c4d timeline markers
- other enhancements and fixes
- new preference to auto-save when starting the render queue
- improvements to Cache Before Playback previews
- … and many bug fixes
- Click here to see the full list
Bug fixes in After Effects CC 2015 (13.6.1)
The After Effects CC 2015 (13.6.1) bug-fix update addresses these significant bugs:
- The preview image in the Composition panel no longer fails to update in certain cases after you make a change to the composition. This fix prevents After Effects from putting the image cache into a bad state, which most commonly occurred on Windows after using Undo, but could also occur after other changes once the project had entered the bad state.
- Previewing a composition with audio will no longer fail to start when a layer has an audio effect with an expression, and display an error: Effect cannot use “abort” callback when called with “unrecognized plug-in effect command” command. ( 25 :: 19 )
- Viewer panels (Composition, Layer, Footage) no longer show downsampling artifacts when the viewer zoom is set to 50% zoom, the viewer resolution is set to Full, and the Hardware Accelerate Composition, Layer, and Footage Panels option is enabled in Preferences > Display.
- After Effects no longer fails to start on computers with older processors lacking a specific instruction set (e.g., AMD Phenom II and Athlon processors). The error message given for this specific issue was “The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000001d)” or “The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142)”. Note: A similar issue affects Premiere Pro CC 2015 (9.1), for which the fix is somewhat more involved. An upcoming Premiere Pro update is intended to address this issue. Thank you for your patience.
- After Effects no longer generates the wrong image for layers using some plug-ins in 16-bpc or 32-bpc (bits per channel) color mode. Affected plug-ins included Digital Film Tools Film Stocks and Digital Anarchy plug-ins.
- Creative Cloud account names that use non-ASCII characters (e.g., Japanese and Chinese characters) no longer cause an error “could not convert Unicode characters” when you start After Effects.
Creation Effects: Swarms Tutorial #gettingstarted
This tutorial shows you how to make a realistic 3D swarm of insects in After Effects using the "Swarms" template from Creation Effects, for compositing into your shots.More...
Recreate The Last of Us Titles using AutoFill and QCA3 for After Effects
Ben Marriott shows you how he recreated HBO's The Last Of Us titles using Plugin Everything AutoFill and the free Quick Chromatic Aberration 3 in After Effects.More...
Creation Effects Pixel Pusher - Make 3D Particle Animations without Plugins #gettingstarted
Want to make better 3D particle animations without the use of third-party plugins in After Effects? This tutorial shows you how to do just that. Using the Pixel Pusher template makes it super easy.More...
Create A Dynamic Space Animation
Jonathan Winbush's latest tutorial shows you how to create a dynamic space scene animation with Cinema 4D, Unreal Engine, and After Effects.More...
In Depth: Upscaling Video (Updated 15 Dec 2022)
If you work with old video footage in standard format or can't shoot 4K, learn how to make the job smoother and get better results.More...
Easily Control After Effects Cameras with HandyCam
Boone Loves Video walks you through using HandyCam, a plugin from PluginEverything that helps users control the camera in After Effects.More...
Burning Question: How Do I Fix Rolling Shutter?
Learn about Rolling Shutter is, the of Rolling Shutter types you may encounter, and tools to fix this annoying video problem.More...
Burning Question: How can I create medical animations?
Interested in becoming a medical animator? Learn to create 2D and 3D medical animations that help to visualize microscopic mysteries.More...
The Bridge Between Cinema 4D and After Effects with Eric Say
Eric Say presented "The Bridge Between Cinema 4D and After Effects" during The Maxon 3D and Motion Design Show Siggraph 2022, Day 1.More...
In Depth: Creating Space - A Galaxy of Resources for your Epic Space Film (Updated!)
Space, the final frontier! Learn to create stars, galaxies, moons, and more for your next space-themed film or science fiction short.More...
Physics Simulations in After Effects with Element 3D
Ben Eshagpoor shows some basic physics simulations with Newton in After Effects, with Element 3D, attached using null objects.More...
Helium Basic Tutorial
Roland Hartmann of graphicinmotion.com demonstrates how to use Helium for After effects; from importing a 3D Model to adding primitives and much more.More...
Waving Flag Tutorials Roundup
To celebrate Flag Day, we've collected a series of tutorials about animating waving flags in a variety of applications.More...
Head Rig and Facial Animation using Joysticks 'n Sliders in After Effects
Need to create a simple head rig and facial animation? It's easy with Joysticks and Sliders. Jafar Fazel shows you how.More...
Animation Workshop with Emonee LaRussa
In January 2022, Emonee LaRussa live-streamed an animation workshop for entry-level animators, using After Effects. Watch the replay!More...
In Depth: Render Farms / Network Rendering / Distributed Rendering
The idea of network rendering is to distribute your render over a network, or farm, of computers, to speed up your render times.More...
The Hidden Features of After Effects You NEED To Know
Ben Marriott has some great tips on hidden features in After Effects. Uncover some of these features hiding in plain sight!More...
How to Smash the Learning Curve to Learn Software Faster
Have you been wanting to learn new software but don't know where to start? Don't have the time? Well, I'm here to help you make it happen.More...
Color Managed Workflows in After Effects
Ae Blues examines Color Managed Workflows in After Effects, with four different spaces. These include Display, Log, Linearized, and ACES.More...
RE:Vision Effects: AE and Multi-Frame Rendering Quick Tips Series
RE:Vision Effects has a couple mini tutorials that offer quick tips on how to make After Effect V22 and Multi-Frame Rendering (MFR) "more robust when any temporal processing effect requesting multiple input frames is used."More...
Mocha Quick Tip: Faster Playback in After Effects 2022
Martin Brennand of Boris FX gives a fast and easy solution for getting Faster Playback in After Effects 2022 with Mocha.bMore...
Burning Question: What is Multi-Frame Rendering in After Effects?
Save time with the new Multi-Frame Rendering feature in After Effects. Get instructions on enabling it, plus potential plugin issues.More...
Create the Dune Look with Boris FX, Cinema 4D, After Effects
Create the Dune Look with Maxon Cinema 4D, Adobe After Effects, Boris FX Continuum, and Sapphire with John Dickinson.More...
Create Retro Horror Movie Titles in After Effects
Charles Yeager at Premium Beat has a tutorial for Retro Horror Movie Titles in After Effects that are similar to titles from Stranger Things.More...
Make Animated GIFs With Transparency Using GifGun And After Effects!
Disintegrator Films creates Animated Gifs With Transparency with GifGun, on sale right now during the aescripts+aeplugins Summer of Sales.More...
Top 5 AFTER EFFECTS Tutorials in July 2021
Every month, After Effects Beginner shares the top five tutorials. Watch a roundup of the best tutorials featured in the July 2021 edition.More...
20 Quick Fixes to Common After Effects Problems
Ben Marriott shares 20 Quick Fixes to help with your common After Effects problems. Speed up your workflow! Fix little annoyances!More...
After Effects: FreqReact - Audio Reactors Explained
FreqReact has 8 different reactor types. That's great, but how do they work? Davey Studio explains each one in depth in this tutorial.More...
Cat Washer After Effects Tutorial
Motion Design School shows you how to animate a cat in a washer. Animate the tail, the washing machine, and the spin in After Effects.More...
After Effects: Time Remapping to Audio in AE using FreqReact
In this tutorial, Davey, from Davey Studio, shows you how to time remap to audio in After Effects using his powerful script, FreqReact and a clip from his favorite game: Rocket League.More...
Animate Shape Layer Arms and Legs [EASY] - Adobe After Effects Tutorial
Evan Abrahms shows you how to simply animate arms and legs that are, of course, made from shape layers. Super fun stuff!More...
Top 5 AFTER EFFECTS Tutorials in May 2021
After Effects Beginner’s Top 5 Monthly round-up continues with the five best tutorials that have been reviewed for May 2021. Watch now!More...
Using Content-Aware Fill to Remove Objects from Video in After Effects
Andrew Ford Video shows you how to use Content-Aware Fill in After Effects. Content-Aware Fill lets you remove objects from your video.More...
Frog Catching Fly Animation - After Effects Tutorial
May 13 is Frog Jumping Day, so to celebrate this important holiday, check out this fun After Effects tutorial from Simple Video Making.More...
How to Make an Animated Cartoon of Yourself | Adobe Character Animator
Emmanuel Crown shows you how he made an incredibly cool animated cartoon of himself with Adobe Character Animator and Photoshop. Super fun!More...
Top 5 AFTER EFFECTS Tutorials in April 2021
After Effects Beginner’s Monthly round-up continues. We see the five best tutorials that have been reviewed in April's edition.More...
Burning Question: How Do I Make a Hologram Effect in After Effects?
Holograms are a way to show recorded, beamed messages, schematics, 3-dimensional characters, futuristic user interfaces, and they're now being used in interesting and exciting ways in real life. We'll start with a few examples, and then some After Effects tutorials dealing with the humble hologram.More...
Recreate the Druun (Raya & The Last Dragon), Cheap Tricks with Hashi
In the latest installment of Cheap Tricks, Hashi shows you how to create the Druun from the animated film "Raya and the Last Dragon".More...
Top 5 AFTER EFFECTS Tutorials in March 2021
After Effects Beginner walks you through the Top 5 After Effects tutorials of March 2021, with the full tutorial videos too!More...
SONIC Lightning Speed PASS-BY Effect
Ignace Aleya has a new After Effects tutorial showing how to create the Lightning Speed Pass-By effect from Sonic the Hedgehog.More...
Advanced 3D Reflections with Trapcode Particular
Kext Next has a thorough and useful After Effects tutorial about creating reflections from particles created in Trapcode Particular.More...
How to make a Futuristic Circuitry Look in After Effects
Joe from Workbench shows you how to make some cool futuristic circuitry. This look would be great for an FUI. Check out PQ FUI Toys too!More...
3 Virus Spread Effect Tutorials for Adobe After Effects
Three AE tutorials that show different techniques on how to animate a virus spread animation, like you've seen over and over on the news.More...
Top 5 AFTER EFFECTS Tutorials in February 2021
After Effects Beginner has put together reviews and insight into five new After Effects tutorials that went up in February. Lots of tutorials!More...
Easy 3D Tracked Text in After Effects
Brandon Fate explains how to create 3D tracked text in Adobe After Effects. It's fast and easy! He also includes a couple of workflow tips.More...
Flying orb with wavy trails | Master Study of Flatwhite Motion
NoSleepCreative explains how to recreate the wavy trails effect in AE. The effects can be seen in the Meizu Aicy piece from Flatwhite Motion.More...
Top 5 AFTER EFFECTS Tutorials in January 2021
After Effects Beginner has put together reviews and insight into five new After Effects tutorials that went up in January. Lots of tutorials!More...
Creating A 16-Bit Retro Video Game Look,
Hashi shows you how to make your modern footage look like an old video game with After Effects, Universe, Magic Bullet Colorista. Super fun!More...
In Depth: After Effects Expressions - The Basics & Expression Roundup
Dive into After Effects Expressions Basics and quickly put expressions to use. Speed up your workflow and create more complex motion graphicsMore...
Stardust: 3D Laser Scan Animation in After Effects
This tutorial from Noble Kreative is part of their Stardust Tutorial series. It will show you how to create a 3D Laser Scan animation in Adobe After Effects using Superluminal Stardust. The project files are also available, so you can easily follow along.More...
Dune the Best We Can, Holtzman Sheild VFX + Advanced Expression Controls
Hashi shows you how to recreate the Holtzman Shield VFX from Dune. Download a free template of Holtzman shield too!More...
Glowing Outline Effect in After Effects
In this tutorial, Josh Olufemii's friend Herman Huang shows how to create a really cool glowing outline effect in After Effects. He also uses the free Video Copilot plug-in Saber. And there's a free project file so you can play along.More...
Newton 3 - 10 Minute Crash Course
Lewis McGregor posted a Newton 3 - 10 Minute Crash Course at Premium Beat. Newton is a 2D physics simulator plugin for After Effects.More...
After Effects + AEJuice Liquid Elements: Fireball Effect for Beginners
This tutorial from Murray Frost walks you through all the steps to create a unique fireball effect using After Effects and AEJuice Liquid Elements.More...
Clean 3D Animated Travel Map Tutorial in After Effects
In this tutorial, Ignace Aleya shows you how to create a travel scene in After Effects. He animates the travel map of Europe from Belgium to Moscow.More...
Daniel 'Hashi' Hashimoto | Maxon NAB 2020 Rewind
Daniel "Hashi" Hashimoto creates a quick and easy CGI character in his Maxon NAB 2020 Rewind. He composites a giant monster onto the Las Vegas Strip!More...
Boris FX Title Studio: 8 Part Sports Graphics Tutorial
This 8 part tutorial series from Boris FX walks you through the process of creating professionally-designed and animated 3D sports interstitial graphic from scratch using Title Studio together with an Adobe Creative Cloud workflow.More...
How to Use Mocha for Tracking and Clean Up After Effects
Mark Christiansen, motion design master and VFX virtuoso, walks you through his Mocha tracking workflow for Tracking and Clean up in After Effects.More...
Burning Question: What is a Cinemagraph and How Do I Create One?
Cinemagraphs is a format that combines photos and video. It's a still photograph where a small area of the image has repeated or looped movement occuring to draw your attention. Cinemagraphs can be published as movies or an animated GIF or in other video formats.More...
Create a Flock of Birds using Pastiche for After Effects
Learn to create a flock of birds using Pastiche for After Effects to reveal a form! Download a free demo of Pastiche from Motion Boutique and try it out!More...
Make a SUPER REALISTIC Weather in After Effects Tutorial
Ignace Aleya walks you through how to create and composite natural-looking weather scenes in Adobe After Effects. Create snow and rain with these tutorials.More...
Best of 2019: The Top 10 Tutorials at Toolfarm.com
According to our website stats, these were the Top 10 Tutorials of 2019. It's interesting that most are technical, not about VFX.More...
Create an Ugly Sweater in After Effects #tutorialtuesday
Workbench shows you how to create an ugly sweater in After Effects. Indeed, it's a very clever tutorial that is built procedurally using the built-in Mosaic plugin.More...
GEOlayers 3 Getting Started Tutorial #gettingstarted
Get the basics on how to design and animate maps in 3D space using GEOlayers 3 for After effects, with this quick start tutorial from Markus Bergelt.More...
Simple Face Rig with Master Properties in Adobe After Effects
Evan C Abrams uses Master Properties in the Essential Graphics Tab in After Effects to reuse elements in this Simple Pumpkin Face Rig.More...
Game of Thrones VFX Part 3, Creating A Zombie Horde Battle Scene
Hashi of Action Movie Kid has been doing a mini-series on Game of Thrones effects, and it's extremely entertaining! This tutorial is filled with great tips.More...
Stardust: 3D Plexus Styles Effects in After Effects
In this tutorial, Najib Khayati from Noble Kreative shows you how to Create 3D Plexus Styles Effects in Adobe After Effects using Superluminal Stardust, the modular particle system.More...
Plugin Everything HandyCam Tutorial #gettingstarted
This tutorial shows you how to use Plugin Everything HandyCam to make working with animated cameras in After Effects as painless as possible.More...
Burning Question: What is Reverse Stabilization?
Reverse Stabilization is a compositing workflow where you stabilize the shot, then composite, and finally, you bring the motion back into your shot.More...
Lasse Lauch AEC4D Pro Overview
Watch this overview to learn how AEC4D Pro optimizes the workflow between Cinema 4D and After Effects.More...
After Effects: Stranger Things-Inspired “Upside Down” Look + Free Project files
In this tutorial from Rocketstock, you will learn how to create a Stranger Things-inspired “Upside Down” look in After Effects. Plus, you can easily follow along with the free project files.More...
Creating Fog in AE with Sapphire + Create Z Depth Pass for DOF & Fog
Jonathan Winbush explains how to make fog with Boris FX Sapphire using your depth map in After Effects. Bonus tutorial: Create Z Depth pass for DOF and Fog.More...
After Effects: Aura - Multiple Producers w/ 3D Layers
This tutorial will teach you how to use 3d layers to create multiple producer points in Rowbyte Aura for After Effects.More...
After Effects: Aura Turbulent Noise Tutorial
Learn how to use the turbulent noise features in Rowbyte Aura for After effects to create stunning shapes with high frequency in 3D space.More...
After Effects: Create a Procedural Background with Aura
This tutorial shows you how to create a beautiful procedural background using the new Rowbyte Aura for After Effects.More...
Oreo Commercial in RealFlow, Cinema 4D, Octane Render, Premiere Pro & After Effects
Arthur Whitehead explains his workflow for making Oreo cookie that splashes into some milk and caramel or liquid chocolate, made in RealFlow.More...
RenderTom compCode Tutorial #gettingstarted
This tutorial shows you how to use comCode to convert your project files into shareable After Effects scripts.More...
Using RenderGarden to Accelerate After Effects Renders
TripodNinja, Krishna Bhamidipati has put together an excellent blog post about using RenderGarden to Accelerate After Effects Renders.More...
Shazam Transformation Effect from Film Riot
Ryan Connelly of Film Riot has a fun new tutorial about how to sort of transform into Shazam with After Effects and Tools from Video Copilot.More...
After Effects: Use The Content Aware Fill Feature to Create 2.5D Parallax Effects
The newest update to Adobe brings the content aware fill feature to After Effects. Digi Pro Tips shows you how to use it to create 2.5D or Parallax effects quickly and easily right in AE.More...
How to Add Scars, Tattoos, Digital Make-up with Mocha Pro, After Effects
Surfaced Studio explains how to add digital make-up, scars, and tattoos to your talent using Mocha Pro’s Mesh Warp tool. This tool is found in the Insert Module, inside an Adobe After Effects workflow.More...
After Effects: Advanced Keyboard Shortcuts
Emanuele Colombo shares many of his favorite After Effects shortcuts, some of them quite obscure yet handy, to help speed up your AE workflow.More...
Captain Marvel Energy Effects, Cheap Tricks | Red Giant
In this tutorial, Hashi from Action Movie Kid shows you how to create the energy effects from Captain Marvel. Use fractal noise for controlled chaos!More...
After Effects: Using Google Earth Studio with Adobe After Effects
Jason Boone from No Film School shows you how to use Google's new browser based animation tool, Google Earth Studio, and composite the images in After Effects.More...
KraftyFX KBar for After Effects Overview Tutorial #gettingstarted
Learn how easy it is to make fun, sleek, customizable toolbars in After Effects with this KraftyFX KBar overview tutorial.More...
mamoworld Pins & Boxes Tutorials #gettingstarted
Stop Writing Complex Expressions. Learn how to easily create dynamic modular Layouts with these 3 tutorials for mamoworld Pins & Boxes.More...
In Depth: Time Effects - Time Displacement aka Slit Scan, with Examples
Learn all about the Time Displacement filter, which creates an effect known as slit scan, a trippy looking time manipulation that can be used to represent a time travel, a warp in the space time continuum, a drug trip and much more.More...
In Depth: Troubleshooting After Effects Issues and Plug-ins (Updated 17 Dec 2018)
Even though After Effects is a very solid product, everyone will run into issues from time to time, whether it be from corrupt preferences, random errors, codec problems, and more. Here is a general problem-solving guide on how to troubleshoot some common issues with After Effects.More...
Mettle: 360° Landscapes in After Effects CC 2019 with FreeForm Pro + GEOLayers 2
Learn how to create a 360° landscapes using FreeForm Pro + GEOLayers 2 in After Effects in this tutorial from Charles Yeager.Charles Yeager uses the built in VR tools that are native to After Effects.More...
Infinity And Beyond | Red Giant Cheap Tricks
Hashi's latest Cheap Tricks episode, "Infinity And Beyond," in which he shows you how to achieve the disintegration effect that you have probably seen in Avengers: Infinity War! This is a great tutorial with loads of tips.More...
Yanobox Mosaic from Eran Stern
Trainer Eran Stern gives a great overview of a cool plug-in from Yanobox called Mosaic. It’s great for pixel texturing & ASCII effects with adaptive tiling.More...
Mocha AE 2019 Export Workflow for Adobe After Effects
In this short tech video, Mary Poplin explains how the Mocha AE 2019 Export Workflow to get motion tracking data and masking data from Mocha to AE has been improved.More...
Optimizing your System for Adobe Video / Audio Applications
Adobe shares information and recommendations for optimizing your system to get the most out of the latest Adobe video and audio tools.More...
Hot Tip! Removing Old Versions of Adobe Products on Your Mac
If you’ve been collecting legacy versions of Adobe software on your Mac for safety, but you’re running out of space, here’s some advice on how to remove the bloat.More...
After Effects: Create Seamless Cartoon Joints
Freelance animator Lee Daniels explains 2 simple methods for creating seamless joints in the arms and legs of 2D characters, all directly inside AE, in this Quick Tip.More...
After Effects: Easily Create a Complex Flocking System
Joe Clay from Workbench explains an easy way to create a complex flocking system by using expressions in Adobe After Effects. This is a great technique for animating particles, a school of fish, a flock of birds or even a colony of bats!More...
After Effects: Stardust Physics Tutorial
Learn how to use physical particles inside the Superluminal Stardust plugin for After Effects.More...
Creating an X-Ray Effect in After Effects
Flat Pack FX shows you how to quickly and easily easily create a cool X-Ray effect in Adobe After Effects.More...
Sky Replacement in FCP X + Other Hosts
Steve at Ripple training shows you how to do a Sky Replacement with Final Cut Pro X’s powerful Keyer effect and a few color correction tools.More...
5 mamoworldJSON for AE Tutorials
With mamoworldJSON, link any property in After Effects to a JSON file. Makes frequently changing your text, colors or other properties simple.More...
After Effects: Create an Unfolding Map
Owen from Motion Array explains a few tips and techniques for creating an unfolding map animation in After Effects that includes parenting, using 3d layers, depth of field and more.More...
Using Trapcode Particular with Master Properties in After Effects
Harry Frank that explains how to use Particular with After Effects new Master Properties feature, which allows you to easily create tons of variations from a single comp.More...
After Effects: Large Scale Explosions in AE
ActionVFX’s Alan Fire has two tutorials explaining how to create a composite using their explosion stock footage in After Effects.More...
Cheap Tricks - It’s Wrinklin’ Time (VFX tutorial)
Daniel Hashimoto (creator of Action Movie Kid) walks through how to re-create some of the VFX and motion graphics from “A Wrinkle In Time, with special guest Lyric Wilson, who played Young Meg in the film.More...
After Effects: Advanced Damage & Decay Effects Without Plugins - Video Copilot
Andrew Kramer from Video Copilot is back with Chapter 2 of his Cinematic Title Design series. This time it is Damage and Decay FX. Learn how to create a procedural decay system capable of generating realistic rust, moss, cracks, corrosion and more, right inside After Effects.More...
After Effects: 5 Tips to Help Save Time in After Effects
Pond 5 offers 5 tricks and shortcuts, that you may not know about, to help speedup your After Effects workflow and edit more efficiently.More...
Cinematic Title Design in After Effects: Fantasy FX! from Video Copilot
We’ve been teased with this for a while, and it’s finally here. Video Copilot has a new tutorial series on how to create cinematic titles entirely inside After Effects. The first one in the series is on Fantasy titles, and it’s packed with tons of custom beveling.More...
Animating Mars with MoGraph in Cinema 4D and After Effects
Jeremy Walker creates Mars with realistic planet texture maps, using Cinema 4D’s native MoGraph Effectors. He animates and composites it in After Effects.More...
Mamoworld Squash & Stretch with Tutorial from Creative Dojo
VinhSon Nguyen has a tutorial that went up last month on the free Squash & Stretch extension for After Effects. Here are his tutorial and links to download. Plus, some information on how the concept of squash and stretch, a tenet of animation, will help you give your animations and characters personality.More...
Medical Animations & Tutorials Roundup for Maya, Cinema 4D, After Effects
The human body is still such an enigma and there are so many technical, yet beautiful, 2D and 3D animations that help to visualize those microscopic mysteries. We had a question about some methods of creating cells and other microscopic elements. First, we have some gorgeous examples to inspire you, followed by a few tutorials for various host applications.More...
How to Convert After Effects Animations into a Spritesheet for Unity (Free and Quick)
This is a Freebie Friday article on sprite generators for After Effects and a tutorial about converting animations into a sprite sheet for unity.More...
Working with Arnold AOV’s in After Effects
Maghdad Asadi has a new overview video on working with passes (AOVs) from Arnold in After Effects.More...
Colorful Glitch FX! 100% AE! from Video Copilot
Andrew Kramer, from Video Copilot, teased us about this tutorial last week, and it’s finally here. In this new tutorial, he shows us how to create a stylistic glitch effect, inside after effects without any 3rd party plug-ins.More...
After Effects: How to stabilize footage natively in AE
In this tutorial, Johnathan Paul at School of Motion takes you through the different options within After Effects to help you smooth out those shaky handheld shots.More...
Happy Holidays using Stardust in After Effects
Roland Hartmann of graphicinmotion.com gives a nice tutorial on making particle trails with 3D elements and dives into some features like working with the new Model and Material nodes, creating primitives, extruding masks, adding environments, and using ambient occlusion.More...
Animating Graphs in After Effects
Have you tried the new chart and data animating tools that were introduced in After Effects in CC 2018? Bring in your spreadsheet data to create animated charts and graphs and wow your corporate clients or make detailed graphs for a documentary.More...
After Effects: Animate Shape Layer Arms & Legs [EASY]
Evan Abrams shows you an easy way to animate arms and legs in AE without straining yourself, using shape layers.More...
RenderGarden for After Effects Overview and Function
Learn all of the features and settings in the RenderGarden Script, plus learn how to submit a render, work with render nodes, and manage RenderGarden.More...
After Effects: Simulate Cloth Animation Expression
Animator and Filmmaker Daniel Gies explains his method for creating a fake cloth or secondary motion animation in After Effects using simple expressions.More...
Tutorials: Stranger Things Titles and VFX - Recreating the Open, Upside Down Look
In honor of Halloween and the recent release of season 2 of the popular Netflix Series “Stranger Things,” we thought you might like another look at these tutorials. Learn how to recreate the 80’s-styled opening sequence in After Effects, and the “Upside Down” world Look - from Red Giant’s Seth Worley.More...
After Effects: Cloth Animation Tutorial
In this tutorial, Ilya Dji from EasyAfterEffects.net shows you how to create cartoon animated cloth in After effects, using the pin tool. There’s a template download available too.More...
5 Blade Runner 2049 Inspired Tutorials
Blade Runner 2049 has really interesting visuals and sound design. Learn to recreate some of these effects with these five tutorials inspired by the film.More...
Burning Question: How Can I Learn Expressions in After Effects?
Expressions have been in After Effects for many years, but you can easily use After Effects and never touch them. Some find the programming a bit off putting, and I get that. Like learning short cuts, knowing just a few expressions can speed your workflow up 3 fold. Today, were going to go over some of the simple and common expressions that will make your day to day workflow faster and smoother, plus give you resources on where you can up your game!More...
Yanobox Mosaic from Eran Stern
Trainer Eran Stern gives a great overview of a cool plug-in from Yanobox called Mosaic. It’s great for pixel texturing & ASCII effects with adaptive tiling.More...
After Effects: Tips for Faking a Pixel Art Look
Award winning motion graphics designer Garth Lee shares some tips on creating the look of pixel art. Think video games from the 80’s and 90’s.More...
After Effects: Create an Ocean using Native Tools
Caleb Ward shows you how to create a cool ocean simulation using only the built-in tools in After Effects.More...
Create a Tunnel with Trapcode Mir
This is an oldie but a useful tutorial from Aharon Rabinowitz at Red Giant. He explains how to shut the mesh to create a seamless wormhole in Trapcode Mir. Use it on your next time travel journey!More...
Superluminal Stardust Particle Earth HUD in After Effects
Learn how to create a rather complex particle earth HUD using the Superluminal Stardust plug-in in After Effects, in this tutorial by Roland Hartmann from graphicINmotion.More...
After Effects: Creating an Eclipse Timelapse
The 2017 solar eclipse was an event to remember and awesome to experience. Now you can recreate the celestial event in After Effects with this eclipse timelapse tutorial from Caleb Ward, graphic designer and video producer. Ward uses no 3rd party plug-ins, but does use higher level techniques. However he walks you through each step so even a novice AE user can do it.More...
After Effects: Creating Light Trails/ Long Exposures in After Effects
Photographer and cinematographer Dan Marker-Moore shows you two different techniques to create his super cool light trails/long exposure looks in Adobe After Effects.More...
After Effects: Stardust for AE - Getting Started
Eran Stern from SternFX walks you through the basics of using the Emitter Node in Superluminal Stardust modular 3D particle system in After Effects.More...
Stitch Effect with Trapcode Particular from Red Giant
A Stitch Effect in time saves... time! Michael Park demonstrates how to create the look of jeans being stitched using Trapcode Particular.More...
After Effects: Motion Tracking with Zaxwerks 3D Flag
Motion Graphic Designer Brent Willet shows you how to use some of AE’s built in motion and camera tracking features to add a 3D flag into a video clip.More...
Earthquake VFX in Adobe After Effects + Earthquake VFX Samples
Make an earthquake in After Effects! Make the earth shake with some shockwaves and heat distortion waves. Graded with Red Giant Magic Bullet Looks.More...
3D Pre-Compose Free Script and Tutorial from Video Copilot
This 3D Pre-Compose Free Script comes from the creative minds at Video Copilot. It makes it easy to pre-compose 3D-aware layers. It's free!More...
Make a Earth FUI Element with Stardust in After Effects
I sat in on a session with Maxon about FUI, Future User Interfaces. These are fantasy HUD elements that you see in Sci-Fi films such as Iron Man, Star Wars, and others. Roland Hartmann of graphicinmotion.com explains how to create an exciting globe HUD element with the new Stardust, a modular particle system for After Effects.More...
Superluminal Stardust Replica Motion Graphics Elements
This is a walk through of how to add some fun and engaging elements to your After Effects comps with Superluminal Stardust by replicating particles.More...
Create an Epic Saturn Space Scene in After Effects with Free Project Files
This Epic Saturn Space Scene from Caleb Ward includes a tutorial and free project files for creating, animating, and stylizing a planet in After Effects.More...
Create a Magical Particle Trail with Stardust
Make a Magical Particle Trail with Visionary Universe’s Lendon Bracewell walks you through making an enchanted magic particle trail with Stardust.More...
After Effects: Liquid Drip and Splash Simulation
Mike from MOBOX Graphics explains how to create a hand drawn water drip and splash effect in After Effects.More...
Video Copilot Electricity Tutorial for Adobe After Effects
Andrew Kramer shows you how to direct lighting movement, create dynamic reflections, and more, all completely inside Adobe After Effects.More...
After Effects: How To Connect Effects with Expressions in After Effects
Learn how to connect effects and effect parameters in After Effects by using expressions making it easy to simplify keyframes and workflow, in this tutorial from Sean Frangella.More...
After Effects: Hotkeys - Parts 1-3
Being able to work quickly is important in the world of mograph. Boost your speed in working with After Effects by learning these essential hotkeys, compiled by School of Motion.More...
Animated Counter Numbers in After Effects
Animating a counter was one of the first things I ever had to create in After Effects, and it wasn’t tough, but there are a few “gotchas”.More...
AE/C4D: Tips for Compositing Cinema 4D Renders into Footage
EJ from Eyedesyn gives some great tips on compositing your 3D work into After Effects.More...
Animating Cartoon Characters in Adobe Software
Tutorials on Animating Cartoon Characters with Adobe Software including After Effects, Adobe Character Animator, and Adobe Illustrator.More...
Sky Replacement in After Effects
I always love the content from Film Riot and here's a nice tutorial on Sky Replacement in AE. He stresses that Sky Replacement isn't a paint-by-numbers technique, and will vary with every shot.More...
Eclipse - Behind the scenes - Sky Replacement
This is some beautiful work for the film Eclipse. They replace a flat sky with a gorgeous eclipse. This is very similar to the technique I use in the tutorial above.More...
Bring out details in the sky with ease in After Effects
This was made for After Effects 6, but everything still applies to the current version. Replace your bland skies in After Effects.More...
After Effects: Word Morph
Joshua Noel of SonduckFilm explains how to create a word morph transition in Adobe After Effects.More...
Creating a Procedural Wood Texture in After Effects and CINEMA 4D
Learn how to generate realistic wood grain textures from scratch in After Effects with this tutorial from Joshua Cam Smith.More...
Cinema 4D to After Effects: Working with Nulls
If you ever have a problem with nulls misbehaving when you bring a project form C4D into AE, Joren at The Pixel Lab has a workaround that might help.More...
Tutorial: After Effects: Realistic Rain Drop FX - Video Copilot
Learn how to create a procedural water effect with refraction in AE, without using any 3rd Party Plug-ins with this tutorial from Andrew Kramer.More...
After Effects: Create Cel Shaded 3D Objects Using the Cinema 4D Renderer
EJ Hassenfranz from Eyedesyn teaches us about the brand new Cinema 4D renderer included in After Effects CC 2017 & how to create a cel shaded 3D object.More...
After Effects: Freezing Ice Transition Tutorial
Voxyde shows you how to create a freezing over / icy transition in After Effects, without the need for 3rd party plug-ins.More...
Cinema 4D: Plexus Particle Trail Animation Tutorial
Dennis Wei shows you how to make a very cool particle trail using Plexus, C4D, After Effects and a few other things, like Trapcode Particular and Optical Flares.More...
Re:Vision Effects Re:Map - UVW Multipass
Joren from The Pixel Lab shows you how to use RE:Map UV to replace a C4D UV pass with a 2D texture in After Effects.More...
Red Giant | DOCTOR STRANGE Portal Effect with Trapcode Particular
Daniel Hashimoto (also know as Action Movie Dad) shows you how to create the DOCTOR STRANGE portal effect with Trapcode Particular.More...
Icy Text with Zaxwerks ProAnimator
Michele Yamazaki from Toolfarm walks you through a holiday-themed project featuring icy-looking 3D text in a snowy scene, using Zaxwerks ProAnimator for After Effects and Imagineer mocha pro. She goes over how to quickly track the Santa hat in the shot with mocha, create and animate the text in ProAnimator, and demonstrate the ambient occlusion capabilities in ProAnimator.More...
Tutorial: Useful After Effects Tricks you May Not Know - 1-5
Sergei Prokhnevskiy shares over 100 useful After Effects tips and tricks that you might not know about in this 5 video series.More...
Doctor Strange VFX Breakdown and Loads of Tutorials
Doctor Strange is a visually awe-inspiring sci-fi film/fantasy film. We'll take a look at some behind the scenes videos and several tutorials.More...
After Effects: Create a Space Scene in Trapcode Particular
Learn how to make a cool nebula-esque space scene in After Effects using Trapcode Particular.More...
After Effects: 16 Expressions You Should Know
Sergei Prokhnevskiy, of Ukramedia, has created a list of 16 expressions he feels all After Effects users should know. He explains which ones and why, in this tutorial.More...
Case Study: The Cleansing Hour Main Title Design - Sapphire for Motion Graphics Designers
John Dickinson from Motionworks has a walk-through tutorial breaking down how he made the main titles for the short horror film “The Cleansing Hour.”More...
Tutorial: Halloween Themed Tutorial Round Up
Demons are rising, ghosts are haunting and blood is flowing with these Halloween themed tutorials that we have collected to help take the horror out of making frightening creations. Updated: October 25, 2016.More...
American Horror Story Virgin Mary
Learn how to make a scene similar to the creepy Virgin Mary scene from American Horror Story in which the statue changes expressions.More...
Cinema 4D and After Effects: Advanced Compositing Tips
Joren from the Pixel Lab has a couple of quick tips to help you set up your C4D scenes so you can get a more realistic composite in AE.More...
Tutorial: Creating Ghosts Using Practical and Visual Effects
Ryan Connolly from Film Riot shows you how to create classic horror style ghosts, combining practical and visual effects with Premiere and After Effects.More...
After Effects – How to Effectively Remove Video Noise and Film Grain
Learn how to use After Effects to effectively remove video noise and film grain without the need for 3rd party plugins.More...
After Effects: Supernatural Demon Eyes
Ever wanted to create the full black demon eyes effect from the TV series ‘Supernatural’? Austin Newell takes you through the process in AE, step by step, to create this creepy yet cool effect. Just in time for your spooky Halloween videos.More...
12 steps to make After Effects faster
Mark Christiansen from Frame.io has create a list of the 12 essential steps you can take to optimize your system and workflow to make AE speedier.More...
X-Wing Hologram using Cinema 4D and After Effects
Dennis Wei explains some of the techniques he used to create an X-Wing Hologram animation using Cinema 4D and After Effects, using the awesome free X-Wing model from videocopilot.net.More...
Create a Scribble Text Effect in After Effects
Caleb Lancaster demonstrates a simple way to create a scribbly look with text masks, no 3rd party plugins required.More...
AE: Speed up Your Workflow with Proxies
Tobias Gleissenberger shows you how to make Adobe After Effects faster by using proxies. A proxy is a placeholder that stands in place for a very large video file or image sequence in your project.More...
Stranger Things - “Upside Down” World Look
The popular new Netflix Series Stranger Things is a nod to Spielberg classics, such as ET and Goonies. Learn how to recreate the "Upside Down" world Look - from Red Giant's Seth Worley.More...
Recreating the Stranger Things Opening Title
The popular new Netflix Series Stranger Things is a nod to Spielberg classics, such as ET and Goonies. Learn how to recreate the 80's-styled opening sequence in After Effects - from Red Giant's Seth Worley.More...
3ds Max: Create a Robot Walking in a Live Action Scene
This is the first part of a multi step tutorial that teached you how to create, texture, rig and composite a giant robot into live action footage. This first part shows you how to create the robot in 3ds Max.More...
C4D and AE: 3D Pokemon Title
Ignace Aleya from Tolerated Cinematics takes you through the steps to create a pretty cool looking 3D Pokémon title using both Adobe After Effects and MAXON Cinema 4D.More...
Superhero Landing - Video Copilot Show
The first Video Copilot show is up and running! Andrew Kramer and the gang show us how to make an awesome Superhero landing.More...
After Effects: Creating Character Shadows
Animator Lee Daniels shows us an easy way to create ground shadows on 2D characters in Adobe After Effects.More...
C4D: Depth Pass Tips
Chad Ashley from Greyscalegorilla explains “the correct workflow for doing Depth of Field and Motion Blur in After Effects…(that doesn’t) result in artifacts or other anomalies.”More...
AE: Creating an Animated Font with Illustrator and After Effects
Taha Dalal takes you through the steps needed to create his animated font “EVOLVE” using Adobe Illustrator and Adobe After Effects. Plus he is offering the EVOLVE animated font template for free!More...
Create a Fireball with AE Native Tools
Caleb Ward shows us how to make a blazing hot ball of fire in Adobe After Effects.More...
Transcode and Color Grading Tips 8 bit vs. 10 bit In Premiere Pro
Should you transcode before Color Grading in Adobe Premiere? Jarle Leirpoll puts that question to the test and lays to rest some misconceptions.More...
After Effects: Create Camera Moves on 2D Images Using Displacements
Motion Array shows you how to create a 3D-like camera move on 2D images using displacements in After Effects,More...
Michele Learns Cinema 4D Ep. 6: Toolfarm’s NAB Survival Video Open
If you’ve had a chance to check out our NAB Survival Video, you should! It’s lots of fun. I dove back into Cinema 4D to create the NAB Survival Video Open.More...
Creating Silky Smooth Eases in After Effects
oday we’ll look at two easy tricks to put your keyframes at ease (full of jokes today). I’ve always found that setting up a ‘base’ animation is a great to way to make headway on a project - especially with a tight deadline. Then I like to circle back and use these two tricks and expressions to “sweeten” up the animation.More...
AE: Creating 3D topographic maps
Mikey Borup shows us how to create 3d topographical maps in Adobe After Effects.More...
How to Create 8K Environment Maps in After Effects
“In this tutorial I’ll show you how to create an 8K environment map—entirely in After Effects—using the plugin Skybox, by Mettle.” - Charles YeagerMore...
Creating Shock Waves / Heat Distortion Waves
In this tutorial, Kris Truini covers the process of creating some awesome shock waves/heat distortion waves in After Effects to add impact to your VFX.More...
After Effects : 3D Text Morphing Tutorial by Dope Motions
“Hey guys in this tutorial we will learn how to make some really cool and advanced 3d text morphing using a third party plugin named trapcode particular it’s gonna be very exciting and fun so i hope you will learn something new today!” - Dope MotionsMore...
After Effects Tip: Link Focus Distance to Layer
In this quick tip video by Robert Zinke, you’ll learn how to link the focus distance of your camera to a 3D layer in Adobe After Effects.More...
In this After Effects Tutorial w/ Mikey you will learn how to see like Arnold. Well, to create Terminator Vision...More...
3D Dynamics in Adobe After Effects
In this tutorial from Gardner Raymond of Consequence Video Designs we will learn how to whip up some dynamic 3D motion with a couple great tools!More...
Use Glitch and Distortion Effects to Stylize Your Edit in Adobe Premiere Pro
In this tutorial Rampant Design CEO and Lead Creative Sean Mullen Shows Us How to Use Distortion Effects to Add Dynamic Effects to Your Edit in Adobe Premiere Pro.More...
Use Newton 2 to Create Dynamic Simulations for 3D Objects in Ae
"Gardner Raymond shows off the flexibility of Newton 2 as more than just a 2D dynamics engine." - Lester BanksMore...
AE: Tiny Planet in After Effects
Charles Yeager shows us how to make a tiny planet from 360° footage utilizing Mettle Skybox, Element 3D, and Adobe After Effects in these 2 tutorials.More...
Getting Started with Adobe After Effects
Envato Market is offering a free 10 part tutorial on Adobe After Effects for beginners. Watch the introduction video here and follow the links to the full course. This is a great course for the user who is just starting to learn After Effects. This course comes complete with downloadable project files and an AE Cheat Sheet.More...
Creating Abstract Animated Shapes With Plexus in After Effects
Learn how to create the popular plexus look in After Effects using Plexus v2 & Cinema 4D; Create 3D objects and bring them into Plexus using the OBJ format.More...
Getting Started Creating 2D Style 3D Animations w/ Cineware
This week's Tutorial Tuesday focuses on training for CINEMA 4D. In this tutorial, Mt. Mograph’s Matt Jylkka creates a flat, 2D-style 3D animation using CINEMA 4D and After Effects.More...
Performance Replacement with mocha tracking & masking: Eye Replacement
Product Manager Martin Brennand shows you how to track and replace an actor’s eyes when they accidentally look at the camera Using After Effects and mocha AEMore...
How to Create a Realistic Nebula in After Effects
Get inspired by images from NASA and build a realistic 3D nebula in After Effects using both Trapcode and HitFilm.More...
Rendering Workflow: After Effects vs. Media Encoder
Roei Tzoref looks at the difference between rendering in After Effects and using Media Encoder to get the most out of encoding your H.264 Video.More...
RealFlow: Water Displacement - Space Pyramid Rise
In this tutorial, Niall Horn provides a step-by-step breakdown for his awesome Space Pyramid shot. Here you will learn how RealFlow is used alongside 3ds Max, Krakatoa, Frost, After Effects and Vray.More...
Puppet Animation Using Adobe Character Animator
“In this tutorial, Dave Werner shows us how to make a puppet move and talk using Adobe Character Animator, included in After Effects CC 2015.” - CG TerminalMore...
FreeForm Pro | Whirlpool Tutorial | After Effects
In this tutorial, Tim Harris will show you how to create a whirlpool in Adobe After Effects using FreeForm Pro V1.75.More...
Multi Pass Rendering and Compositing in 3ds Max and After Effects
Learn how to create a basic scene in 3d Studio Max with part 1 of a 2 part tutorial series from Envato Tuts+.More...
Low poly Cupcake Christmas tree with Trapcode Tao
Dominic Pons explains how to create a low-poly Christmas tree scene in After Effects using Trapcode Tao.More...
Replace a Bland, Overcast Sky with a Gorgeous Sky in After Effects
Take a bland, colorless sky and make it into a vault of heaven! Create an alluring azure sky with fluffy clouds, a sublime sunset or an moody moonlight scene. I’ll give several options, utilizing plug-ins from CoreMelt, Video Copilot, Boris FX, Red Giant, SUGARfx and Imagineer.More...
Compositing Tips from Greenscreen Made Easy by Michele Yamazaki
This one is from a while back but Michele Yamazaki has some great compositing tips from the book “Greenscreen Made Easy!” There's a new edition coming out in 2016!More...
Break Objects with AFX
"In this tutorial we are going to use Newton in combination with Illustrator to break down/destroy objects within After Effects. You are going to learn how to use Newton 2, Time-Remapping, Masks and the Knife tool within Illustrator and much more." - ArmaganVideosMore...
Intro to the Particle World of After Effects!
Adobe After Effects Certified Expert, Jeff Sengstack, present this video tutorial introduction to After Effects Particle World.More...
Burning Question: How do I create a Walk Cycle?
If you’re animating some characters and need to make a natural looking walk cycle quickly and easily, do we have some great resources for you! Here is some reference, tutorials and scripts to make your next walk cycle animation a breeze.More...
V-Ray 3.0 Render Elements & After Effects
Paul Hatton takes a look at V-Ray’s render elements and how to composite them into After Effects.More...
After Effects Flapping Wings
This tutorial by Lee Daniels shows an easy way to create flapping insect wings using either the wiggle or loop out expressions and is good for beginners.More...
Scrolling hacker text for FUI in After Effects
Mikey Borup shows us how to create a super fun effect that can be used for a FUI (fake user interface).More...
Burning Question: How Can I Background Render in After Effects?
We were asked via Twitter: “Is there a plug-in in existence that allows me to render in AE (in the background) while I continue to work in AE?” Here is a great solution for Adobe Creative Cloud users. We also have a solution for those of you who only have After Effects or are working in an older version of the software.More...
How do I get started making my own videos?
Question: I am very inspired by Andrew McMurry’s work in the Visual Effects/ Media Arts. I’d like to start making my own videos and bringing them to life. I was told by a Visual Effects distributor to ask you some questions on some recommended software, or apps that could point me in the right direction.More...
AE: Mind Trip - Part 1 & 2
Follow along as Eran Stern enters the mind of a woman; creating both a tunnel vision effect and a dream like scene, that can be used separately or together, by applying a few After Effects tricks.More...
U.F.Oh Yeah Film Short and The Making Of…
Film Riot has created a clever short film entitled U.F.Oh Yeah, Directed and written by Ryan Connolly and starring Josh Connolly, the film is about a U.F.O. enthusiast and conspiracy theorist who has an encounter with extraterrestrials that doesn’t go quite as one might expect. After the film, learn about how some of the effects were made. There are a whole series of videos here and they’re fantastic!!More...
The Northern Lights
Did you miss the mesmerizing dancing and streaking greens and purples in the northern sky last night? Not only will you get scientific background on the aurora borealis, but today I present some inspiring time-lapse of auroras and methods to make them yourself in Adobe After Effects!More...
Make it Rain with Boris FX and mocha AE
In this simple After Effects tutorial, Imagineer System’s Mary Poplin shows you how to add realistic rain to a shot with plug-ins from Boris FX and mocha AE.Mary uses the bundled mocha AE CC for planar tracking and masking and Boris Continuum Complete BCC Rain.More...
Webinar Replay: Advanced Tips & Techniques with mocha & AE
Join Ben Brownlee of Curious Turtle as he gives some great advice on using Imagineer mocha with After Effects. Ben really knows his mocha.More...
Recreate the Sin City Look in After Effects
Paul Ezzy shows you how to mimic the film noir, graphic novel stylized of Robert Rodriguez’s “Sin City: Dame To Kill” with Boris Continuum Complete 9 in Adobe AE.More...
After Effects Hidden Gems Weekly: Previews in After Effects CC 2015
Does the new AE seem buggy when previewing? It’s all in how the start and stop keys affect it’s behavior. This article on Pro Video Coalition explains how it works and why it really isn’t buggy at all.More...
Create Monster Visual Effects in After Effects with the Monster Toolkit and Mocha AE
Rampant Design CEO and Lead Creative Sean Mullen Shows Us How to Create Monster Effects Using Adobe After Effects and Imagineer Systems Mocha AE.More...
Quick Tip - CC Slant Breezy Grass
A quick way to make slant sway in the breeze. also, no keyframes, so thats cool. just a quick expression. Enjoy.” - AE Tutorials with MikeyMore...
After Effects: Smoothing out Jump Cuts using Timewarp
How do you make a jump cut look smooth without covering it up? Use the Timewarp filter in AE. Learn how in this short tutorial from Tuts+.More...
After Effects - Fractured HUD Title Sequence
“In this tutorial, we’ll be creating a brilliant looking title sequence which revolves a Fractured HUD (Head-Up Display) using After Effects.” - CG TerminalMore...
The Ring - Samara Death Stare After Effects
Learn how to create the Death Stare effect from the horror classic The Ring!More...
Use Mocha to Assist With After Effects Face Tracker
How you can use mocha and mocha pro to help with the new face tracker tracking in After Effects 2015.More...
How To Make A Sci-Fi Fire Look In Cinema 4D and After Effects
In this AskGSG Jake Vardaman asks us how to make this cool Sci-Fi fire look by Raoul Paulet using C4D.More...
Create a Displacement Map in C4D To Use in After Effects with FreeForm Pro
Chris Lavelle shows us how he makes a depth map in C4D to use in After Effects with FreeForm Pro. It’s one way to make a Displacement Map that can be used by FreeForm Pro.More...
How to Create Heat Waves in After Effects
Learn how to create displaced heat waves in After Effects with this easy-to-learn technique.More...
Useful Tricks in After Effects!
Over 65 Useful Tricks in After Effects You May Not Know About by Sergei Prokhnevskiy.More...
Create an Energized Molecule Effect in After Effects
Learn how to create an energized molecule effect using only built-in effects in this exclusive After Effects tutorial.More...
Face Tracker and mocha AE
In this overview, Product Manager Martin Brennand takes you through how the bundled mocha AE complements the Adobe After Effects CC 2015 Face Tracker.More...
Create Heat Waves in After Effects
Learn how to create displaced heat waves in After Effects with this easy-to-learn technique.More...
Animated Flip Book
Paul Ezzy from Boris FX shows you how to take a green screen ballarina and turn it into a hand drawn flipbook style sketch, complete with project file.More...
Petri Dish Planets (After Effects Post Production)
Watch Shanks FX "Petri Dish Planets" and then check out the tutorial on how he put the finishing touches on them in Adobe After Effects.More...
Advanced 3D Noise & Deform using Element 3D
In this tutorial Andrew Kramer from Video Copilot shows you how to create an intricate deform animation using 3D Noise & Twist with Element 3D V2 inside After Effects.More...
3D Camera Navigation in After Effects
This tutorial will help you get in tune with the Camera Navigation in Adobe After Effects!More...
The Importance of Compositing: A Layer By Layer Breakdown in After Effects
Learn how important compositing is for your 3D renders, as every shot needs color correction and/or compositing, in this tutorial from Greyscalegorilla.More...
Cinema 4D Custom Material ID Pass Tutorial
Ryan Snider of TangleWire.tv, shows you his customized compositing render pass that will allow you to make targeted color corrections, and changes to your C4D renders in Adobe After Effects.More...
Tracking Masks: comparing Adobe’s Mask Tracker and mocha AE CC
Adobe Creative Cloud has a tool called "Mask Tracker" the is found in both Premiere Pro CC 2014 and After Effects CC 2014, that can be used to easily create masks. After effects also has "mocha AE CC", a dedicated planar tracker that is similar to Mask Tracker, but also allows keyframe control, and has advanced features for dealing with some of the more difficult masking or tracking situations.Mary Poplin, from Imagineer Systems, shows you the similarities and differences between the "Mask Tracker" and the bundled "mocha AE CC." Knowing which tool to use in which situation can help you save time and be more creative.More...
Simple workarounds and fixes for the two biggest causes of After Effects crashes
Does After Effects CC 2014.2 (13.2) crash on you? One of these 2 fixes from Adobe may help clear up the problem.More...
Nuke or After Effects for Compositing?
Joey Korenman from School of Motion shows you how NUKE works better than After Effects when it comes to compositing, and how it can help you with your motion graphic designs.More...
Animated Polygon in After Effects
Video Copilot's Andrew Kramer shows you how to create fun, animating polygons that you can easily customize using time displacement, scale wipes and other neat animation tricks.More...
Create a Paper Airplane in After Effects.
Create and animate your own Paper Airplanes in After Effects. This tutorial will show you how with out any 3rd party plugins, plus it only uses the classic 3D engine and not the ray traced.More...
Hand Drawn, Old Film Animation Look in After Effects
Daniel Brodesky shows how to create a hand crafted old time film feel to animation in Adobe After Effects.More...
Aurora Effect with Adobe After Effects and Trapcode Particular
Learn how to create an aurora effect using Trapcode Particular in AE.More...
After Effects (Trapcode Form) 3D Hologram Effect
In this tutorial TunnelvizionTV will teach you how to create a 3D Hologram Effect using After Effects and Trapcode Form. Trapcode form can be used to import 3D objects such as OBJ files into After Effects.More...
Trapcode Form City with Displacement Maps
In this Quicktip, Aharon Rabinowitz shows you how using Depth Maps to displace Trapcode Form particles can be used to create a 3D Point Cloud Representation of a city. This tutorial was inspired by the brilliant Trapcode Form work of Jeremy Cox at Imaginary Forces, for the film “Terminator: Salvation.” Plus don’t miss out! All Red Giant Products are 40% OFF for 24 hrs. only!More...
Creating a Particle Christmas Tree with Trapcode Particular
Since have a 2 day Red Giant and Trapcode Year End Sale starting tomorrow, I thought we’d bring you a few fun and useful tutorials for the products on sale. Here’s one from Premium Beat that will make your holiday spirits twinkle!More...
Boris Continuum Spinning 3D Snowflake #TBT
Class up your holiday graphics with a gorgeous 3D Spinning snowflake with glints of light reflecting off of it. Here’s a fairly popular tutorial from about 5 years ago that is just as relevant today. Although all the software used has been updated, the formula is the same.More...
Create a Liquid Metal Logo Animation with FreeForm Pro
Chris McFall explains how to create a liquid mercury logo animation right in After Effects using mettle’s FreeForm Pro plug-in. Chris also reveals a few clever uses with filters that ship with After Effects, and some of his finishing techniques.More...
After Effects Layer Control and a Free Repeater Preset
Download the free Repeater preset from Cinemaspice and then watch the tutorial from Mikey Borup explain the Expression Controller in After Effects.More...
Create a Mask Morph with Rowbyte Plexus
Gardner Raymond shows how to do a Mask Morph between different mask shapes and making it look cool with Plexus, inspired by a video by Yen Hung Lin (Jeff).More...
How Set-up a Wacom Tablet for AE or CINEMA 4D
Jeff Foster, aka Pixelpainter, explains setting up the Wacom Intuos tablet for the time consuming and often tedious job of rotoscoping in After Effects. If you are rotoscoping or painting in AE (or any program), I’d highly recommend using a Wacom. It will save your sanity! And, here’s an older tutorial from yours truly about setting up a Wacom tablet for CINEMA 4D.More...
Workflow between LightWave and After Effects #lightwave3d
If you work with both Adobe After Effects and Newtek LightWave, here are a few tutorials that may help with your workflow between the two programs.More...
Cyriak’s Halloween Costume
Learn to create an effect inspired by Cyriak, where a creepy hand-crab monster projects from a person’s mouth. This effect is very involved, with lots of rotoscoping, tracking and hand animation. It's not for the feint of heart, but you will learn a ton.More...
Head replacement with mocha and Adobe After Effects
Learn how to design, shoot and composite a head replacement shot. Think "Headless Horseman." This is a fast paced tutorial design for advances users of mocha and After Effects.More...
Adobe After Effects Quick VFX - Blood Smear
Surfaced Studio teaches you how to smear a blood effect along a wall as your actor is sliding down, in After Effects.More...
White Walker Eye Animation - Game of Thrones
This isn’t so much a tutorial as it is a walkthrough of the steps you can take to recreate the eyes of a White Walker from Game of Thrones!More...
Frame Rate Conversion and Mixed Formats
In this tutorial, you will see several examples demonstrating frame rate conversion and mixed format issues and their solutions.More...
Back to the Future Time Slice Effect #tbt
Shanks FX and PBS Digital Studios recreates the lightning effect with practical effects, and composited them in After Effects. I had no idea they did the effects this way. Genius!More...
Adobe After Effects Pixel Screen Experiment
Video Copilot offers up this great tutorial on how to make an LCD pixel screen with the CC Ball Action effect in AE. Plus learn how to create a realistic depth of field with just Camera Lens Blur and a depth map. The CS6 project files are included.More...
Broken Glass in Adobe After Effects
Learn how to make floating glass shards with After Effects to create a unique looking title sequence.More...
3D Rooms with Cineware / AE and Automatic Follow Through
It’s days 10 and 11 of 30 Days of After Effects from School of Motion in Sarasota, Florida. Joe explains how to use Cineware to set up a scene in a 3D environment. In the second part, he focuses on animating the dog in the room with an expression.More...
Super Shape Morphing in After Effects
Super Shape Morphing sounds like fun! Joey explains how to hand-craft some animation and work with keyframes in After Effects.More...
Top 5 3D Camera Tips for Adobe After Effects
Get tips and techiniques from Sean Frangella for "working with 3D cameras in After Effects, including changing focal length, parenting cameras to nulls, cutting between multiple cameras, roving keyframes, and linking depth of field."More...
Everybody Do The Predki! (What!?)
Joey shows you how to re-create his go-to animation trick. Kyle Predki, Joey's friend from Toil, came up with the move, hence the name. It's the bouncy, fun text animation that you can see in the first few seconds of the video.More...
After Effects Liquify Morph
In the tutorial below, Mikey Borup explains how to create a morph with the After Effects Liquify tool and no other third-party plug-ins.More...
Tricks with 3D Objects in AE
This is from Day 7 of 30 Days of After Effects from the School of Motion at Ringling College of Art & Design. Joey explains one of the basics of using 3D Objects in After Effects, some tricks and animation principles.More...
After Effects Video Tutorial: 3D Corner Text
Follow the technique in this After Effects tutorial to animate text around the edges of a 3D object.The tutorial covers:3D Anchor PointsEasy-Ease KeyframesKey-framing CamerasSnapping Vertexes TogetherMore...
Adobe After Effects Sci-Fi Effects
Want to create cool looking Sci-Fi effects in AE? Then check out this tutorial from Matthew Pearce as he explains how he created some of his favorite effects.More...
Adobe After Effects 3D Pre-compose Free Script + tutorial
The 3D Pre-Compose Script makes it easy to pre-compose 3D-aware layers in After Effects by automatically copying all cameras & lights into the new comp with linked expressions! Just watch the tutorial to see all the amazing possibilities! Plus the script is Free!More...
3D Scene From a Still
It’s day 4 of 30 Days of After Effects from School of Motion in Sarasota, Florida. Learn to take a photograph and make it into a 3D scene and fool everyone.More...
Adobe After Effects Titles: Dracula Untold
Here’s a tutorial for creating titles inspired by the “Dracula: Untold” movie trailer. Bats, smoke, lighting effects, all made completely with in After Effects with first party plugins.More...
Ya Know What Really Grinds My Gears?
It’s day 3 of 30 Days of After Effects from School of Motion in Sarasota Florida. Learn to efficiently use After Effects Expressions to rig up some gears.More...
Polar Coordinate Space Tunnel with After Effects
Here is day 2 of the School of Motion’s 30 Days of Motion. This one was inspired by GMUNK’s sci-fi ORA Prophecy piece and shows you some of the powerful options of the often overlooked Polar Coordinates filter.More...
Write-on Effects in After Effects
School of Motion is doing a 30 Days of After Effects Day 1, explaining how to easily create a write on effect and make it look like a real paintbrush.More...
Extreme Eye Closeup with Mettle FreeForm Pro
This is a two part tutorial on how to create a highly detailed human Iris using the FreeForm Pro plugin by Mettle.More...
3D Banner Drop-down Tutorial in After Effects with 3D Flag
Alex from Zaxwerks explains how to create some cool animated sports banners with Zaxwerks 3D Flag, which incidentally, is on sale through July 1, 2014!More...
Shockwave by Video Copilot
Andrew Kramer uses 100% After Effects, no third-party plug-ins, to create this shockwave effect using Fractal Noise.More...
Ben Watts has a new tutorial up showing how to create an otherworldly rocky terrain in CINEMA 4D and After Effects. Ben says, "In this tutorial we'll build up a displaced surface using layered noise maps. After that we'll create a wet looking surface & water shader for the deep section. Finally we'll take care of some basic lighting & colour correction in After Effects."More...
In Depth: Skin Retouching and Digital Makeup, Part 1
Do you need to make some small fixes to the skin of your actor, like fixing a blemish or blotchiness? Here’s part 1 of a 2 part series on Skin Retouching and Digital Makeup to get you started!More...
Creating A VFX Rainy Scene
Mustapha Fersaoui shows how to create a realistic rain scene with Photoshop and After Effects using a lot of plug-ins that ship with AE, plus some Optical Flares and Red Giant Mojo.More...
3D CAMERATRACKER Plug-in Tutorial by The Pixel Lab
Joren from The Pixel Lab shows the workflow of working with footage tracked with The Foundry’s CAMERATRACKER in After Effects and then bringing that footage into MAXON CINEMA 4D.More...
The Art of Flight Plexus Matte Tutorials
Gardner Raymond explains how to create a cool magnified effect and the titles from the film The Art of Flight, using Rowbyte Plexus in After Effects.More...
3D Textures in After Effects
It’s easy to create a video texture inside of 3D text within Adobe After Effects CC.More...
Inside the After Effects Camera by ChrisZwar
Pro Video Coalition has a great article up written by ChrisZwar. Its an overview on the power of the ability to create 3D layers and work with them using After Effects’ Virtual Camera tool.More...
Accurate Green Screen Shadows and Camera Moves
In this tutorial, Matthew Perks will show you how compose a green screen shot with a moving camera. He will also show you how to make an accurate 3D shadow of the subject, which really helps to sell the shot.More...
Import 3D OBJ Models into After Effects in 3 Steps
Alex over at Zaxwerks hosted a recent tutorial thats getting a lot of attention. In it he uses ProAnimator to move 3D OBJ models into Adobe After Effects in a few simple steps!More...
Adventures in Map Animation with QGIS, After Effects, C4D & Illustrator
Victoria Nece explains the open source software GIS, Geographic Information Systems, to make mapping jobs easier.More...
Animating 2D Cartoon Faces in After Effects
Lee Daniels gives a general overview of animating a face from a layered Photoshop file in After Effects.More...
Depth Passes Made Easy + Frischluft Lenscare and Camera Lens Blur
Let Joren from The Pixel Lab show you how to properly set up your depth passes so that you can do your DOF in Adobe After Effects!More...
Create a Lizard Man in After Effects Pt. 2
Ran Ben Avraham shows us how to create a Lizard Man transformation in After Effects with FreeForm Pro. Ran motion tracks a sequence and then he uses FreeForm Pro to wrap the texture of his choice around the actors face in 3D.In Part 2 you will learn how to 2D track different parts of the face in Mocha. You'll apply that info to the texture that has been created.View Part 1More...
Tutorial / Inspirations: True Detective like Double Exposure
Welcome to Tutorial Tuesday! This is a Tuesday Two-fer… A Tutorial + Inspiration. “After Effects Tutorials with Mikey” creates the double exposure in True Detective. Really nice!More...
The Grid from Video Copilot
Andrew and the gang bring us another fantastic tutorial. This one goes through the process of making a techy looking grid title animation inside of After Effects.More...
Create a Lizard Man in After Effects Pt. 1
Ran Ben Avraham walks you through turning a human man into a Lizard Man with After Effects and Mettle FreeForm Pro. He motion tracks his footage and wraps the serpentine texture around the actors head with FreeForm Pro.More...
Create a 3D animation of folding paper in After Effects
Angie Taylor shares this fun AE tutorial, inspired by a paper trick from her grandpa.More...
Create Water with Trapcode Particular
Dino Muhic creates a beautiful fluid looking water effect, inspired by a Beck’s commercial in Germany. Dino used a lime from Video Copilot 3D Model Pack - Fresh Food.First, he builds it from scratch and then explains how to composite it. He also created a preparation video to show how the water looks on its own.More...
Create a Cartoon in After Effects (7 Parts)
Ryan Boyle of Sketchy Pictures explains the full process from character design, expressions for animating movement, lip-sync, lighting and camera and lots more!More...
Create an 8-Bit Style in After Effects
Here are several tutorials that give After Effects users that chunky, retro, 8-bit, posterized look, with or without plug-ins.More...
Adobe After Effects Tilt Shift Tutorial
Tilt shift makes your video and images look miniature, like toys. In this project, they use Posterize time, Camera Lens Blur, CC Light Sweep and Fast Blur to create the effect.More...
Puppet Tool Tips from Video Copilot
Andrew Kramer animates the Twitter logo with the Puppet Tool in Adobe After Effects.More...
After Effects Expression Debugging Techniques
Felt Tips at AE Tuts+ has a fantastic, in depth 50 minute tutorial on fixing issues with Expressions.More...
AE & C4D - AE & C4D - Abstract Particles Using Trapcode Form and OBJs
VinhSon Nguyen shows a cool, basic technique that you can use to create unique and interesting forms for titles, background elements and more.More...
Imagineer mocha Tips #mochatips
Martin Brennand shares some of the daily tips that are posted to Twitter and Facebook by Imagineer Systems.More...
In Depth: Fast and Easy Garbage Mattes in After Effects
Here is a very simple technique to create super quick garbage mattes in AE!More...
In Depth: Optimizing After Effects for the Best Performance
If you've been using Adobe After Effects since early versions, as I have, you are familiar with the idea of optimizing your machine and settings for premium performance. Here are some tips and resources to help you create the fastest and most solid After Effects you can. If you don't have a big budget for optimizing your system, where do you put the money for upgrades? That's for you to decide, but here are some suggestions on how to optimize what you have, and about other ways to optimize. If this article can't help you with the speed of After Effects, it will hopefully explain why things aren't running as fast as you would like them to.More...
In Depth: Keying: Pre-Processing Greenscreen Footage for Keying
If your greenscreen footage didn’t turn out as perfectly as you had hoped, here are some things that you can do to fix problems and not create new ones.More...
Stylized Lava Lamp in After Effects
Let’s start Tutorial Tuesday with a groovy 1970’s throwback, the lava lamp! The tutorial is from Mikey Borup at Premium Beat. This tutorial is for beginners and covers things like fast blur and levels. They also go over Motion Sketch and the Light Sweep plug-in.More...
Crumpled Paper in After Effects
You know the open for the sitcom "Community", with the crumpled paper? Trevor Penner explains how to do this effect.More...
Track and Replace a Mobile Phone Screen in mocha!
Imagineer has a new tutorial up that covers tracking an iPhone screen. Mary Poplin gives detailed instructions on the process both in video form and in words, so you can go at your own pace.More...
Inspirations/Tutorial: Designing Main Titles for NBC’s “Revolution” with After Effects
Adobe.tv has posted Andrew Kramer’s presentation from NAB 2013, showing his VFX title sequence for the Revolution TV Series. Learn from the master!More...
Create a 3D Sci-Fi Panel in Adobe After Effects
Follow along as Tudor “Ted” Jelescu shows you how to use Adobe After Effects to create an out-of-this-world 3D Sci-Fi Panel!More...
Character Animation in After Effects with Mettle FreeForm + MamoWorld LipSync
This is A Story of Hope by Funky Medics. Dave Legion made this nifty project for the FH Foundation. He use Adobe After Effects with Mettle’s FreeForm + MamoWorld’s Lip Sync.More...
Mocha 3D Solver, Plexus, and AE Scripts
Learn how to use mocha and After Effects to track graphics and effects. 3D Camera solve and object tracking which can then be exported to After Effects to drive the Plexus particle plug-in. Clip courtesy Artbeats.comMore...
Starfield Light Motion Trails in After Effects
Learn how to create this beautiful effect using After Effects and starfield timelapse footage.More...
FreeForm Pro - The Ultimate Guide by Chris Lavelle
Follow along with Chris Lavelle as he shows you the “In’s & Out’s” of Mette FreeForm Pro!More...
How to get Started with Adobe Photoshop
Terry White of Adobe Creative Cloud TV gives you the rundown on some key essentials to getting started with Adobe Photoshop CC.More...
Tutorial: Migrating settings from After Effects CC (12.0) to After Effects CC (12.1)
Todd Kopriva gives some tips on migrating to the new update for AE CC.More...
Video Copilot JetStrike Flight School
VFX Flight Instructor Andrew Kramer teaches you how to use After Effects & JetStrike to create intense aerial photography through dynamic compositing & animation.More...
TypeMonkey is an evolutionary new approach to creating kinetic typography for video and film productions. It allows for an endless range of keyframeless, completely customizable solutions in seconds, generated entirely within Adobe After Effects. It’s powerful, intuitive and even a little bit addicting. Not only is it now available at Toolfarm, we also have a couple tutorials for it from aescripts!More...
Advanced Spin FX Tutorial from Video Copilot
A new one from Andrew and Company, just in time for Tutorial Tuesday at Toolfarm. He shows how to create a dynamic spectral animation without using any party plug-ins.More...
How to Create a Looping Animation Using Expressions
It’s Tutorial Tuesday once again! Shawn Sheehan contributed this tutorial on AE Expressions to AE Tuts+ yesterday. He explains how to use the loopIn and loopOut expressions.More...
How to Create a Parallaxing Background Without a 3D Camera
We continue with Tutorial Tuesday with this fun video tutorial from AE Tuts+. Shawn Sheehan demonstrates the Offset effect combined with comp-to-comp expressions, plus a little time-remapping to create a parallax effect, without a 3D camera or Z-depth of any kind.More...
Talking Toons Episode 1 - Advanced Toon Shading (Basics 101)
It’s Tutorial Tuesday! This is part 1 in a 15 part series called Talking Toons. “Shaders are best used for Props, Particle FX, Organic and Hard Surface Objects, The Relationship Editor’s role, which Lights work best for Toon Shading, Normal Maps, Displacement Maps and the methods we will be using in the following episodes to come.”More...
Tutorial: Speed Up After Effects Rendering Tutorial
Welcome to Tutorial Tuesday. AE Tuts+ has a new tutorial on speeding up renders in After Effects.More...
Camera Tracking In AE and C4D - Tracked Ship
Chris Martin, Freefxtutorials.com, one of Toolfarm’s affiliates, shows how to motion track footage using After Effects CC’s powerful new camera tracker to get a 3D solution, then send it back to AE for compositing and final render.More...
Why AE Might Be Better Than Photoshop for Tileable Textures
Tutorial Tuesday is upon us once again. Frederik Steinmetz at AE Tuts+ explains how to use AE to create tileable textures, using non-destructive Adjustment Layers and Curves to get the correct lighting.More...
Simulate a Basic Dilating Iris in Adobe After Effects
Post by Joshua Lester at AEtuts+: "This Quick Tip will show how to manipulate footage of an eye to create the illusion that the Iris or Pupil is dilating. Using the Bulge Effect and simple motion tracking, the final product is quick and demonstrates how to use these simple tools."More...
Cinema 4D Cloth Unroll Effect
Post at Motion Squared: "In this short tutorial, we take a look at how to create a cloth unroll effect /animation using the cloth dynamics tag in Cinema 4D. Enjoy!"More...
Creating a Disco Party Animation with C4D and After Effects
"In this tutorial you’ll be creating a full motion graphics 3D animation for a disco party. You’ll start by creating some basic models and deforming them. We’ll dig quite deeply in shading to achieve some detailed and organic textures. Finally, we’ll animate all the elements in an attractive way and create a rotating camera to follow the whole scene. We’ll finish up in After Effects where we’ll add some sexiness to the animation." - Daniel Lorenzo of cgtuts+More...
How to Set Up AE for Network Rendering on Multiple Machines
"In this tutorial we’ll discuss how to setup a network for multi-machine rendering in After Effects and how we can take advantage of watch folders to help automate the process." - Post by James Whiffin of Aetuts+More...
Multicam Setup in Cinema 4D and Import Into AE CC
By Vic Garcia. Create a Chase Scene in C4D using Multiple Cameras, Stage Object and importing into After Effects CC using the Cineware plugin.More...
Installing After Effects CC render engines with Adobe Creative Cloud
One of the changes in After Effects CC (12.0) regards when activation occurs, and this affects how you install render-only instances of the After Effects application, known as render engines. Todd Kopriva of Adobe goes into detail on the new process.More...
Tutorial: How to Get Better Control of Warp Stabilization
Jorrit Schulte of AETuts+ explains how to convert stabilization from the Warp Stabilizer to regular After Effects keyframes. His technique will work for the position, scale, rotation, and perspective methods. Learn how to manipulate the keyframe data to achieve better results.More...
Planar Tracking HUDs and 3D Camera Solving - mocha v3
An advanced tutorial covering mocha v3’s 3D camera solver and Adobe after Effects. Mary Poplin creates a HUD style graphic in 3D space.More...
Webinar Replay: Digital Makeup and Retouching: Using mocha AE/Pro with After Effects
In case you missed it, Imagineer recorded this past week’s webinar with Mary Poplin, covering planar tracking techniques for digital makeup and removals.More...
Tutorial: Set Up a Wide Angle Point of View Mirror Effect
Michal Fibek for AETuts+ shows you a cool trick for creating a POV Mirror Effect with After Effects and mocha. Hint: You’ll need newspapers and masking tape!More...
Tutorial: Split Image Slide Show in After Effects
Daniel of AETUTS+ shows how to create a cool slideshow transition in After EffectsMore...
Tutorial: Native Stereoscopic editing with Vision 3’s Plug-in for Premiere Pro + After Effects CS6
Dave Helmly has been working with Vision 3 for about year and half on this inexpensive plug-in to support our native tapeless formats in a Stereoscopic 3D workflow. This video will give you a general idea of how the plug-in works and some general guidance on setup.You can more info on the plug-in here: www.inv3.com/quicks3dMore...
Using Shape Layers to Create a Vector Water Animation in After Effects
By Batuhan Türkay at AEtuts+: "In this tutorial we’ll take a look at the basic principles and behaviors of water in the case of forces being applied to it. We’ll be keyframing masks on solids to recreate a liquid movement."More...
Create a 3D Cloud Flythrough Scene With Trapcode Horizon
Learn how to create a 3D cloud flythrough scene using Trapcode Horizon, in this tutorial from Felix Cremerius.More...
Creating a 3D Cloud Fly Through Scene With Horizon
By Felix Cremerius on AEtuts+ "This tutorial explains the steps you need to take to convert an HDRI in Photoshop into a usable file in Trapcode Horizon to create a Skydome and populate it with clouds. We’ll also explained how to mask clouds, create a camera move in AE, and add a complimentary lens flare to the scene."More...
Layer Space Transforms in After Effects, 6 Part Series!
Felt Tips, secret agent and VFX artist, gives a 90 minute, 6 part series about “Understanding Layer Space Transforms in AE and Manipulating 3D Space with Expressions”. Felt Tips gives a great presentation. He's very articulate and explains it with great care and interesting graphics. Good stuff!More...
Displacement and Deformation Techniques in Cinema 4D
In today’s tutorial, new Cgtuts+ author Mario Brajdic will introduce you to working with displacement and deformers in Cinema 4D and show you how this powerful combination can be used in conjunction with custom materials, lighting, and post effects to create some truly unique and visually stunning results.More...
Webinar: Motion Tracking & VFX Webinar - Learning mocha AE
Just in case you didn’t catch the mocha AE webinar for planar motion tracking and AE workflows, here is the recording! We hope you learn something!More...
Tutorial: MAXON and After Effects Integration using CINEWARE- Party Balloons
Check out these free new tutorials at Cineversity that explore upcoming C4D/ AE integration features.More...
Make a Chalkboard-Style Scribble and Smudge
By Jorrit Schulte at AEtuts+. "We’ll be looking at creating a chalk-style scribble based on an image. We’ll be creating masks to make the lines using both manual and automatic techniques. From there we’ll animate the drawing on, and create a wiping animation which leaves smudges on the screen."More...
How to Animate Retro Pixel Art in After Effects
In this tutorial Nik Morris will show you how to take animated pixel art and incorporate it into large HD videos while retaining the original quality!More...
Create a Valentine’s Day Themed Animation in Cinema 4D & After Effects
Post by Stefan Surmabojov at CGtuts+ : “In this tutorial we are going to create a Valentine’s Day themed animation in Cinema 4D and After Effects.... Use particles and forces in Cinema 4D, as well as MoDynamics and Effectors to put everything together to create our final animation. Finally we’ll add materials, light and render the scene before finishing it up in After Effects with some compositing and post effects."More...
How to Automate a Stop Motion Photo Slideshow in After Effects
By Emanuele Fiorito at AEtuts+: "In this tutorial we will see how to work some expressions to create your own preset that you can apply to achieve a stop motion effect for hundreds of photos."More...
Create Cinema 4D Style Effectors in After Effects/ Dylan Winter
Dylan Winter demonstrates how you can expand After Effects towards the premise of Effectors in Cinema 4D. "If you ever wished that you could take advantage of some of Cinema 4D’s powerful effector tools while working in After Effects, your wish may now be granted. Using some clever scripting and a basic control system, we’re going to rig up our very own effectors within After Effects".More...
Iron Man Interface Battle Widget – Parts 1 - 5
Post by Stefan Surmabojov at AEtuts+: "In this tutorial series we are going to go beyond basics using the true power of shape layers inside After Effects. As you can see we are going to dive into the magic of creating this Iron Man battle widget inspired from The Avengers movie. We are going to recreate the element from start to finish using various different techniques and learning some pretty cool workflow tips as well."Parts 1 & 2Parts 3, 4 & 5More...
3D Composite Using Video Copilot Element 3D and Action Essentials II
Check out this great new example and tutorial by Andrew Kramer at Video Copilot: “Here is another fun example using Element 3D with live action footage and 3D Camera tracking… for the explosion, I used some Action Essentials 2 along with some colored lights to create the fire illumination.More...
5 After Effects Keyframe Tips | PremiumBeat
This is a good one for the newbies to Adobe After Effects: 5 tips to quickly and effectively create keyframes in After Effects.More...
Create a Parallax Shift Effect Using Timeline and 3D Features of Photoshop CS6
Post by Stephen Petrany at PSDtuts+ : "Photoshop CS6 includes several new features that you can use to create 3D and video effects. In this tutorial, we will combine these new tools to simulate 3D depth in a 2D photograph using the new 3D and video timeline features available in Photoshop CS6 Extended."More...
Michele Yamazaki’s Particles Webinar Replay -June 27, 2012
On Wednesday, June 27, 2012, Michele Yamazaki tapped Boris Continuum Complete v8 AE’s state-of-the-art particle system effects to develop and enhance broadcast graphics in Adobe After Effects CS6. Using BCC Particle Emitter 3D and other Boris Continuum Complete VFX filters in conjunction with After Effects’ native 3D camera and lighting systems, Michele made ordinary graphics and titles pop off the screen in 3D particle bursts.More...
Pimp Your After Effects by Stu Maschwitz
The always entertaining Stu Maschwitz explains a few ways you can do to get the most out of After Effects. For example, “I set Levels of Undo to 99, because why should I expect to have fewer problems than Jay-Z?”More...
Advanced Soft Keying
Posted by Andrew Kramer at Video Copilot. In this tutorial we will go beyond basic keying techniques with new tips to help preserve small details like dirt and reflections. • Key out footage without eliminating the soft reflections • Composite in 32bpc for more realistic blendingMore...
Basic Head rotations using 3D Layers, Distortion Mesh & Expressions in After Effects
Posted by Daniel Gies on Vimeo: "This is a really quick overview of one method to approach head rotations and Blink animations. It is not a definitive method, but if your character design suites the process it can be quite effective.I just skim over the expressions and property linking so if you need a more detailed overview of linking sliders to layer attributes check out my earlier tutorial on Using Sliders."More...