Simulate the devices and environment of your audience to make your mix exceptional for everyone.
Everyone who mixes content for the audience has to make sure that the mixes sound great on every consumer device in every environment. It can be done quickly and easily with MixChecker or MixChecker Pro. With tons of new features, the Pro version lets you simulate the exact surroundings and devices of your listeners.
Simulations of many additional consumer devices
Simulation of device distortion
Auto advance function
Remote control from iOS, Android, and browsers
Simple user interface
What’s New In Mixchecker Pro?
Everything! Even though the interface has the same elegance and ease of use as the original MixChecker.
- New simulations. All characteristics are newly measured, the processing engine is completely different with lower latency and better phase linearity. No simple impulse responses inside.
- Create sets of simulations. Drag the selected simulations in any order to the MixChecker buttons. Save your selection to several “Button sets” together with stereo base width and volume level for each button.
- Custom settings and labels for buttons. The MixChecker buttons have several adjustable parameters. You may even assign one simulated device to several buttons, each with different settings. To distinguish between them, there could be a custom label placed over each button.
- Distortion. We are experts in the exact modeling of distortions and saturation, either of speakers or of amps, preamps and other circuits. We used this experience and we added modeling of these distortions to MixChecker Pro.
- Background noise. MixChecker adds a possibility to add some audio background with adjustable volume. The combination with simulated devices is quite sophisticated: When you select simulation of phones, the path of the noise through the headphones and ears is simulated, so you hear the realistic combination of the mix playing from headphones and of the noise, coming through headphones from outside.
- Auto Advance. You don’t need to browse through simulations manually. The adjustable auto-advance function does it for you.
- Advanced stereo modes. Except of simple Mono mode, MixChecker offers channel swap, listening to each channel separately in both monitors. Furthermore, each simulation has an adjustable width of the stereo base.
- Web browser, iOS, and Android remote control. MixChecker Pro comes accompanied by a web browser, mobile phone or tablet control. You may walk around your studio when checking the final mix, save the valuable screen size. The remote control is in the Beta stage now and the iOS version will be available in a few days after approval.
- And more improvements, like interface zoom, calibration…
- We have removed the compensation buttons. In some cases, they helped the simulation process but for many speakers, it had a negative impact on the fidelity of simulation. See the full explanation in the user manual.
The Science Powering The Simulations
The original MixChecker contains only the simulation of the linear behavior of the devices. We not only added the modeling of non-linear behavior, we have also completely rewritten the original processing to achieve phase linearity, lower latency and better resolution in all parts of the frequency spectrum.
The science behind the Algorithms:
Parallel Warped Filters
The linear part of the model uses transfer function modeling by fixed-pole parallel filters based on the dual-band warped filter design.
More info here: Balázs Bank and Germán Ramos, “Improved Pole Positioning for Parallel Filters Based on Spectral Smoothing and Multiband Warping,” IEEE Signal Processing Letters, vol. 18, no. 5.
Thanks to the filter design on a warped frequency scale, the frequency resolution of the model takes into account the frequency resolution of the auditory system. The dual-band design brings even more precise modeling at low frequencies without reducing precision at high frequencies..
The parallel structure of 2nd-order minimum-phase filters brings extremely low latency, minimal phase distortion, and high stability.
Extended Wiener Model
The non-linear part of the model uses a proprietary model based on the Wiener model.
The nonlinear model extends the standard Wiener model and introduces dynamic nonlinearity and frequency-dependent nonlinearities while keeps the computing demands low.
The extended Wiener model contains technology that keeps the constant energy of the output signal for all distortion levels. It allows simulating distortion produced by the device at higher SPL without increasing SPL produced by your studio monitors. This also protects your studio monitors against mechanical damage.
For the seamless switching among devices, the overall gain of all devices is normalized to the same objective loudness using algorithm derived from Loudness Unit (LU) meter (ITU-R BS.1770-3)
The scale of the distortion level is calibrated in real SPL measured in the 1m distance in the free field.
All characteristics of the devices used for identification of model parameters were measured using APx525 Audio Analyzer with an acoustic option in the anechoic chamber. Headphones were measured using B&K Type 4128-C.
Have you ever wondered why your music, your videos, showreels, and movies do not sound well when you move out of your studio? That is because you do not use the same equipment the real people use. And you don’t listen in the same environment and conditions as your audience.
MixChecker Pro turns your studio monitors into consumer devices. It adds some background noise and it simulates the distortion and narrow stereo base of the real listening conditions.
New Button Settings
The magic of MixChecker Pro is that it has so many new features while it´s still as easy to use as the original MixChecker. Why? Because it offers the new Edit mode. In Edit mode, you can assign any simulated device to any device button, set the distortion amount for that exact device, adjust the stereo base width as well as the volume of the device. The simulated devices are organized in categories, so the searching is super-fast and intuitive. Once you have your button set saved, MixChecker Pro exits the Edit mode and you work just as with the original MixChecker.
New Pro Functions
The default view of the new MixChecker Pro has a small adjustments panel at the bottom of the plugin GUI. Here you can adjust some handful settings for the background noise, set up the mono button and if you are not sure if you have reached the distortion threshold or if you are afraid of any hard-clipping during the work, there are 2 LED indicators to show you.
We have simulated a lot of devices! Look at this, it’s just beautiful.
Studio 4″ Vintage
Studio 5″ Modern
Studio 6″ Modern
Studio 7″ Vintage
Studio 5″ Vintage
LiveSound / PA
PA Disco Pool
PA Disco Stage
PA Cheap Satellite
PA Club Engineer
PA Club Near
PA Club Center
PA Cheap Full-Range
Desktop 2″ Black
Desktop 3″ Wooden
Desktop 3″ Red
Desktop 5″ Black
LCD Screen 24″
Laptop 12″ Grey
Laptop 13″ Silver
Laptop 15″ Black
Laptop 15″ Silver
Tablet 9″ Grey
Tablet 9″ Golden
Tablet 7″ Black
Phone 5″ Grey
Phone 4″ Black
Phone 5″ Silver
Phone 5″ White
Earplugs Iso Black
Studio 30mm Silver
Studio 40mm Black
DJ 40mm Black
DJ 40mm Red
DJ 50mm Red
HiFi 35mm Black
HiFi 40mm Grey
Studio 45mm Silver
HiFi 40mm Silver
Studio 40mm Blue
Studio 40mm Yellow
HiFi 50mm White
Small Radio Silver
Smart Home Speaker
Small Radio Black
HiFi Micro Silver
HiFi Micro Black
HiFi Mini Silver
Look at out simulated environments! It’s beautiful, too.
Exterior Street 1
Exterior Street 2
Exterior Park 1
Exterior Park 2
Exterior Station 1
Exterior Station 2
Interior Bus 1
Interior Bus 2
Interior Car 1
Interior Car 2
How We Made It
We’ve spent weeks measuring the frequency responses and other behavior of all the devices in laboratory conditions to create the true models you can rely on. We were precise in the definition of all the background sounds which could disturb the listener from hearing the flawless tune. With many more features, MixChecker Pro is the best plugin for double-checking your mixes and making your sound masterly.
Upgrade Plan For Mixchecker Users
Are you the original MixChecker user and you’re interested into the MixChecker Pro? We have an upgrade for that!
Mac OS X 10.9 – Mac OS X 10.14
AAX 32b, AAX 64b, AU 32b, AU 64b, VST2 32b, VST2 64b, VST3 32b, VST3 64b
Windows 7 – Windows 10
AAX 32b, AAX 64b, AU 32b, AU 64b, VST2 32b, VST2 64b, VST3 32b, VST3 64b