v2.7.x BAO Mask Avenger
Download demos and trial versions, product documentation, free presets and more.
You may download a free Demo after logging in.
Here to set your mask vertices free!
Control mask vertices and tangents individually using a native plugin in After Effects! BAO Mask Avenger allows you to apply and animate brush strokes to masks and paths in After Effects.
To summarize, Mask Avenger lets you control mask vertices and tangents individually using a native plugin in After Effects!
New in version 2
- RAM preview conservation. Particularly, the biggest issue with the previous version was that Mask Avenger invalidated the RAM preview. Mask Avenger 2.0 new baking system avoids this.
- 3D mask. Mask Avenger now controls mask in 3D, without the use of null layers and expressions. With this in mind, masks compute faster, which simplifies expression writing.
- Background baking. When the mask needs to be modified, Mask Avenger will transform it instantly at the current time, and bake the rest of the work area in the background. This means you can continue working while Mask Avenger is busy baking. This replaces the « Dynamic » and « bake » modes.
- Better shape layers compatibility. Bugs related to « dynamic » mode disappeared with the new baking system.
- The work area and layer’s duration don’t affect Mask Avenger’s computation speed anymore. Of course, baking 100,000 keyframes takes longer than 10, but the new baking system allows you to continue working while it is baking.
- No more need for Mask Renderer. In fact, Mask Avenger now uses AE’s own masking function and runs faster.
- Mask preview. Mask avenger 2.0 has a preview system to dynamically show you the changes before they are applied to the mask. This avoids delay when the mask is modified by expressions, other layers, or cameras.
Control each mask vertex individually
- Keyframes, Easing, Expressions, and 3D space.
- You can choose to work with vertices only or get full control over tangents too.
- Integrated scripts will help you with expressions and link mask points to Null layers.
- Link mask vertices to tracker points via a simple pick-whip expression.
- Use the “freeze” mode to share your project with users who don’t have Mask Avenger.
- Smart interpolation mode: volume conservation based on gravity center, or independent keyframable anchor point.
- Integration with “Free transform” mask tool.
- Mask Reader: read position and orientation data of any point along the mask path.
- Shape Avenger: apply Mask Avenger to shape layers.
- Mask Avenger is a native After Effects plugin.
Set your mask vertices free!
Tutorials and Demos
Quick Start Guide
After Effects CC 2019, CC 2018, CC 2017, CC 2015.3, CC 2015, CC 2014, CC, CS6
2.7.5 – Apr 20, 2022
2.7.4 – Jun 10, 2020
– Added floating license support
– Fixed invalid license -1 error
2.7.3 – May 17, 2020
Fixed a notarization issue (Mac only).
2.7.2 – Oct 25, 2019
2.7.1 – Feb 26, 2017
2.7 – Jan 8, 2017
2.6 – Sep 4, 2016
2.5 – Aug 21, 2016
2.4.7 – Aug 5, 2016
2.4.6 – Jul 24, 2016
2.4.5 – Apr 24, 2016
2.4 – Mar 24, 2016
2.3 – Mar 17, 2016
2.2 – Aug 28, 2015
2.1 – Aug 12, 2015
2.0 – Aug 2, 2015
Create Ghostbusters Style Visual Effects
Director Seth Worley takes you behind the scenes and shows you how he created the visual effects in “Busted,” his Red Giant Film Team Experiment. Watch “Busted” here and follow the link to the tutorial.More...