A powerful distortion and amp sim modeling tool capable of simulating any kind of distortion
Blue Cat’s Destructor is a powerful distortion and amp sim modeling tool capable of simulating any kind of distortion: from harsh digital destruction to smooth compression or guitar amp simulation (works for clean tones too!), and most importantly, yours!
It is delivered with hundreds of presets and predefined models, either inspired by existing gear (guitar & bass amps or cabinets, compressors, pedals, tape machines…) or created by our destructive minds.
But the plug-in is not limited to these predefined models: all parameters of existing presets are fully editable, which gives you access to an unlimited number of distortion simulations – no need to purchase extra presets or amp models to build your custom tone.
Based on a perceptual model rather than on electronic designs or impulse responses, the signal chain is reduced to its bare minimum, simplifying the process of tweaking the tone and making it fit into the mix.
Thanks to its exclusive adaptive shaper, it is reactive to the playing of instrumentists, providing a very natural feeling, similar to analog gear.
To make the look and feel of the plug-in fit with your favorites tones, it is bundled with more than 1600 visual styles that can be selected separately for each module.
It is also possible to import reference curves measured with Blue Cat's FreqAnalyst Multi to quickly match existing tones.
The plug-in can be loaded into Blue Cat's PatchWork to be used as a standalone application, where it can be combined with other effects to build your tone.
For frequency-selective or multiband distortion, the plug-in can be used in combination with Blue Cat's MB-7 Mixer.
- Powerful distortion and amp modeling tool.
- Simulate any kind of distortion: analog or digital, guitar and bass amps, saturation, clipping, compression, bit crushing…
- Works for “clean” sounds too.
- Get started with several hundreds of fully editable presets, inspired by real gear.
- More than 1600 visual styles to customize the user experience.
- Control the dynamics with the input gate and compressor.
- Control the tone with the pre and post filters.
- Exclusive shape dynamics control: adapt the tone to the dynamics of the signal.
- Use the internal or external side chain to trigger the distortion.
- Protect your ears with the output brickwall limiter.
- Comprehensive visual feedback: real time spectrum analysis, dynamic distortion curve display with embedded signal histograms.
- Load reference curves for tone matching.
- No latency.
- An SSE2-enabled processor (Pentium 4 or newer).
- Microsoft Windows Vista, Windows 7, 8 or 10.
- Any DirectX / VST / AAX compatible host software (32 or 64 bit).
Mac OS X
- An Intel processor.
- Mac OS Sierra (10.12), Mac OS X El Capitan (10.11), Mac OS X Yosemite (10.10), Mavericks (10.9), Mountain Lion (10.8), Lion (10.7) .
- Any VST / Audio Unit (32/64-bit) / AAX compatible application.
Blue Cat Audio Standards:
- Available as: Mac-AAX, Mac-AU, Mac-RTAS, Mac-VST, Mac-VST3, Win-AAX, Win-DX, Win-RTAS, Win-VST, Win-VST3, Win x64-AAX, Win x64-DX, Win x64-VST, Win x64-VST3.
- Native DSP code for optimal performance.
- Full MIDI control and automation support with silent, zipper-free parameters update, advanced response control and MIDI Learn.
- No CPU load on idle: when the plug-in is fed with silence, the processing smoothly shuts down, to optimize the CPU usage of your Digital Audio Workstation.
- Skinnable and customizable user interface with transparency management.
- Smooth Bypass: activate/deactivate the plug-in with absolutely no noise.
- Full featured integrated presets manager.
- Copy/paste the state of the plug-in between instances using the system clipboard.
- Any sample rate supported.
New in Blue Cat's Destructor V1.41 (2018/12/06)
- Spectrum analysis is now performed in the background and does not affect audio performance.
- Improved convolution performance for the impulse response loader on multicore processors.
New in Blue Cat's Destructor V1.4 (2018/10/09)
- Load custom impulse responses (cabinets, reverbs) into the pre or post filters.
- Shape impulse responses in the edit view to match the perfect tone.
New in Blue Cat's Destructor v1.32:
- New "randomize" feature to create new sounds using random destruction and pre/post presets.
- New guitar amp factory presets imported from the new Axiom software.
New in Blue Cat's Destructor v1.3:
- New minimized view (displays only the main "Guitar Amp-style" controls).
- New clean guitar amp presets.
- Faster GUI loading / instantaneous GUI display after it has been opened once.
- Limiter on/off state is now independent from presets ("always locked").
- UI lock now also includes control settings display (green arrows).
- Performance and memory usage improvements (both GUI and DSP).
- Improved automation recording (and undo) in many host applications when controlling the plug-in with MIDI.
- Fixed: changing bypass in the Audio Unit version did not update host application's bypass state.
- Win: fixed copy/paste that sometimes stopped working until next app restart.