1.x Blue Cat Hot Tuna
$11.00 From $9.00
Download demos and trial versions, product documentation, free presets and more.
You may download a free Demo after logging in.
Tuning with cat ears
Blue Cat’s Hot Tuna is a Universal Tuner Plug-In to help you stay in tune within your DAW. It’s a high precision chromatic tuner plug-in that can dim or mute the signal when active. The reference frequency can be adjusted to support any type of tuning.
Hot Tuna is a very simple yet powerful plug-in: you can freely adjust the amount of dimming, an indispensable feature for live gigs!
The reference frequency can be changed (from 430 to 450 Hz), when non-standard tuning is required.
Most of the processing is performed in the background, so that the tuner does not impact the performance of the real time audio engine of the host.
All in all, it is a very simple plug-in that will keep you safely in tune!
This plug-in is also available as a built-in effect inside Blue Cat’s Axiom, the multi effects processor for guitar and bass.
Blue Cat Hot Tuna Main Features
- High precision tuner plug-in.
- Dim or mute the signal when active.
- Adjust the reference frequency from 430 to 450 Hz.
- Processing performed in the background, not impacting real time audio.
Blue Cat Audio Standards:
- Available in most plug-in formats for Mac and Windows.
- Full MIDI control and automation support, MIDI Learn.
- No CPU load on idle: processing shuts down when fed with silence (optimal the CPU usage).
- Customizable user interface with transparency & zoom.
- Smooth Bypass: noiseless plug-in activation / deactivation.
- Full featured integrated presets manager.
- Copy/paste the state of the plug-in between instances.
- Any sample rate supported.
- An SSE2-enabled processor (Pentium 4 or newer).
- Microsoft Windows Vista, Windows 7, 8, or 10.
- Any VST / AAX compatible host software (32 or 64 bit).
Mac OS X
- An Intel or Apple Silicon processor.
- Mac OS 10.9 or newer.
- Any VST / Audio Unit / AAX compatible application (64-bit) .
For more information about supported platforms, see our FAQ.
- 5 instances of the plug-in are allowed per session.
- The effect is bypassed for half a second every minute.
- The plug-in now displays the distance to perfect pitch in cents.
- Added Apple Silicon support for AAX Plug-in Format.
- Fixed VST3 version not always loading properly in Ableton Live 11.
- Improved VST parameter value display in some host applications.
- Added an option in global & preset input settings to send MIDI events when MIDI-enabled parameters are modified in the plug-in (to update control surfaces accordingly).
- Improved undo management and automation when using the mouse wheel to move knobs.
- AAX: Fixed erratic mouse behavior in Pro Tools on Mac.
- Mac: installers and plug-ins have been notarized to avoid security warnings on Mac OS Catalina and newer.
- Single Installer on Mac (all plug-ins formats).
- Apple Silicon (M1 processor) support.
- Dropped 32-bit support on Mac.
- Now requires MacOS 10.9 and newer.
- Arrow keys can now be used to navigate presets.
- Added MIDI control support (MIDI CC messages) for Next and Previous Preset commands, with MIDI learn.
- Improved MIDI & automation control settings with lock, reset and “save as global setting” capabilities.
- Improved smooth plug-in bypass (faster and smoother transition).
- Unicode support.
- Windows: improved GUI loading performance.
- VST3: fixed random crash in Ableton Live 11 upon load.
- Mac Audio Unit: fixed plug-in listing in some host applications (Plogue Bidule).
- Mac: fixed GUI performance issues on native P3 displays and improved performance on other displays.
- Mac: fixed mouse wheel that required large movements to change parameter values.
- Mac: fixed mouse cursor flickering issues.
- Mac: fixed Esc key not closing fine edit parameter dialog.