v3.5 Blue Cat MB-7 Mixer
$159.00 From $129.00
Download demos and trial versions, product documentation, free presets and more.
You may download a free Demo after logging in.
The multi-band mixing console and VST/AU host.
Blue Cat’s MB-7 Mixer is a multiband mixing console and VST/AU host with built-in effects. It is a unique plug-in that splits the signal into several frequency bands and lets you mix and process them as if they were separate tracks.
Blue Cat MB-7 Mixer Mixer Highlights
Each band proposes controls that can be found on a mixing console, and more: bypass, mute or solo each band separately to isolate frequencies you want to work on, adjust the gain, the “stereo-ness” and the position in the stereo field. When manipulating the stereo image, a master mono switch also lets you check mono compatibility.
You can also apply different audio effects to each band to achieve any kind of spectral manipulation: the plug-in can operate as a multiband plug-ins host. You can process each band independently with your favorite VST, VST3, or Audio Unit plug-ins or choose from any of the 28 built-in effects! Up to four plug-ins can be loaded on each band, pre or post-fader. It also includes 25 built-in audio effects that can be inserted in each plug-in slot. Latency compensation presets management, undo/redo integration, and individual plug-in bypass is included for optimal operation.
The plug-in also proposes unique linking and grouping options thanks to our multi-instances technology. You can link bands together within a single instance or between several instances of the plug-in on different tracks. This lets a simple fader control as many bands on as many tracks as you want. This is particularly useful when adjusting the placement or the balance of several competing tracks.
And as usual with Blue Cat Audio, the plug-in provides comprehensive visual feedback to let you know what’s exactly going on: for each channel, monitor the spectrum, the in/out levels and the frequency response.
Thanks to its advanced MIDI and automation input capabilities, when combined with our other plug-ins, Blue Cat’s MB-7 Mixer is capable of advanced side-chaining features that really unveils its potential.
Blue Cat MB-7 Mixer Main Features:
- Multiband mixing console: adjust the levels, panning and “stereo-ness” of each band separately.
- Multiband VST, VST3, and Audio Unit Host: insert third-party VST, VST3 and AU plug-ins and process each band independently.
- 28 built-in effects for multiband processing: EQ, filters, pitch & frequency shifter, delays, reverb, modulation effects, compressor, gate, bit crusher, waveshaper and more.
- External sidechain support for sub-plug-ins on each band.
- Parameters Mapping: map sub-plug-ins parameters to automate them or use a control surface.
- Flexible Audio routing: connect sub-plug-ins i/o to any audio channel for multi-mono effects or creative side chain.
- Pre and post fader VST/VST3/AU plug-in inserts, with full latency compensation.
- Up to 7 bands, with crossover filters from 6 to 96 dB/Oct for optimal separation.
- Multiple instances linking: group bands within a single instance or between multiple instances of the plug-in. Modify the spectrum on multiple tracks with a single slider.
- Bypass, mute, solo on every band.
- Mono switch on master for the mono compatibility check.
- Dual Mode: independent left and right or mid and side channels control.
- Complete visual feedback with real-time response curves, spectrogram, and levels display for each band.
- Side chaining made easy: a unique way to perform multi-band side chain compression, ducking, gating and much more.
- No additional latency.
Blue Cat Audio Standards:
- Available as: Mac-AAX, Mac-AU, Mac-VST, Mac-VST3, Win-AAX, Win-VST, Win-VST3, Win x64-AAX, Win x64-VST, Win x64-VST3.
- Native DSP code for optimal performance.
- Full MIDI control and automation support with silent, zipper-free parameters update, advanced response control, and MIDI Learn.
- No CPU load on idle: when the plug-in is fed with silence, the processing smoothly shuts down, to optimize the CPU usage of your Digital Audio Workstation.
- Customizable user interface with transparency management and zoom.
- Automation and MIDI output: record output parameters as automation curves or send MIDI CC messages to other plug-ins for powerful side chain effects.
- Smooth Bypass: activate/deactivate the plug-in with absolutely no noise.
- Full-featured integrated presets manager.
- Copy/paste the state of the plug-in between instances using the system clipboard.
- Any sample rate supported.
- An SSE2-enabled processor (Pentium 4 or newer).
- Microsoft Windows Vista, Windows 7, 8 or 10.
- Any VST / AAX compatible host software (32 or 64 bit).
Mac OS X
- An Intel or Apple Silicon processor.
- Mac OS 10.9 or newer.
- Any VST / Audio Unit / AAX compatible application (64-bit) .
- New macro controls editor to edit plug-in parameters mapping.
- Assign multiple parameters from multiple plug-ins to a single macro control, and adjust the range for each parameter.
- Assign a name to each macro control, that is now displayed in automation lanes in most host applications (may require a session reload in some cases).
- Parameters names for existing sessions will be automatically updated upon load.
- Select macro knobs appearance among 18 predefined styles.
- Updated dozens of presets with macro parameters.
- New learn modes to quickly assign plug-in parameters.
- Added an option in global & preset input settings to send MIDI events when MIDI-enabled parameters are modified in the plug-in (to update control surfaces accordingly).
- In most plug-in formats, internal audio I/O configuration can now be selected regardless of the configuration defined by the host (you can for example reduce the number of channels to save CPU and process only selected channels).
- Improved performance to load the user interface.
- Improved VST parameter value display in some host applications.
- Added Apple Silicon support for AAX Plug-in Format.
- Mac: installers and plug-ins have been notarized to avoid security warnings on Mac OS Catalina and newer.
- Fixed bypass that did not let MIDI messages go thru for some MIDI plug-ins.
- Fixed some GUI resizing issues with some VST3 plug-ins.
- Fixed an issue with some VST3 plug-ins requiring to click twice on the bypass button to get bypassed.
Warning: presets and sessions saved with this new version will not reload properly with older versions of the MB-7 Mixer (params maps will be lost).
- Native Apple Silicon (M1) version can now load 64-bit Audio Units that are not compatible with Apple Silicon (via the MacOS bridge).
- Presets can now be loaded via MIDI even when the user interface is closed.
- Fixed MPC Beat plug-in not loading.
- Fixed VST3 version not always loading properly in Ableton Live 11.
- Fixed latency compensation changes not always picked up by host applications.
- VST3: Fixed parameters update issues in Studio One when bouncing tracks.
- Fixed VST & VST3 automation not recording properly in some hosts (Cubase 11, Ableton Live).
New Features & Improvements:
- Up to 7 times more processing power with the new multicore engine that processes each band on a separate core.
- New DSP workload meter that displays the DSP activity and CPU load.
- Added MIDI control support (MIDI CC messages) for Next and Previous Preset commands, with MIDI learn.
- Reduced time to load the MB-7 Mixer or any built-in plug-in.
- Multiple DSP performance improvements.
- Level meters and spectrum analyzers are not updated anymore when the user interface is closed, reducing CPU usage.
- Reduced the number of threads used by the plug-in.
- Improved global and preset settings window loading time on Windows.
- Added ability to select the plug-in to load when a shell plug-in file is dragged and dropped onto a slot.
- Full Unicode support.
- Preset files can now be dropped onto the preset LCD area to be loaded.
- Native Apple M1 version is available as a preview.
- Fixed host loop end value not properly passed to hosted plug-ins, for the VST2 version.
- Fixed several crashes upon load for multiple third-party plug-ins (mostly VST3).
- Fixed MIDI control for hosted plug-ins not always working when fed with silence.
- Fixed VST3 (and sometimes VST) version freezing Ableton Live upon saving on Windows.
- Fixed harmonizer and Pitch Shifter built-in plug-ins that did not always flush their buffer upon bypass (short sounds could be heard when getting out of bypass)
- Tail spillover: activate tail spillover from the toolbar to play effects tail when bypassed (available for the plug-in itself, sub-sections, or built-in delays and reverbs).
- Arrow keys can now be used to navigate presets, in the main view, or in the presets browser.
- The opacity of the tone map window can now be adjusted for built-in effects.
- Smoother presets switching.
- Improved smooth plug-in bypass (faster and smoother transition).
- Fixed: the state of some VST2 plug-ins (which do not save their state as chunks) was not be restored properly if their number of parameters had been changed (e.g. FabFilter Pro-Q’s latest update).
- Mac: fixed GUI performance issues on native P3 displays and improved performance on other displays (details here: bluecataudio.com/…/slow-mac-how-to-fix-mac-gui-performance-issues).
- Mac: fixed mouse wheel that required large movements to change parameter values.
- Mac: fixed mouse cursor flickering issues.
- Mac: fixed Esc key not closing fine edit parameter dialog.
- Mac: fixed keyboard not responding in registration panel in some host applications (LUNA, Garage Band…).
- Mac Audio Unit: fixed plug-in listing in some host applications (Plogue Bidule, …).
- Reduced disk footprint.
- Fixed: several issues with hosted plug-ins bypass (graphical glitches, untriggered bypass, …).
- Mac: fixed demo version that could hang Logic when reloading projects using the plug-in.
New Features & Improvements:
- Navigate presets and create new tones easily with “Tone Maps” for 9 built-in effects: Chorus, Flanger, Phaser, Wah, Sweep Filter, EQ, Freq Shifter, Reverb and Waveshaper.
- New presets for the built-in wah plug-in.
- Built-in EQ: improved impulse response convolution performance (long reverb tails are now supported, with low CPU usage).
- Mac: faster GUI rendering on recent Mac OS systems (up to 5x faster).
- Mac: fixed user interface not properly shown on retina displays in some applications built with the 10.14 Mac OS SDK (Cubase 10.5 for example).
- Mac: fixed settings panel rendering issues in dark mode on Mac OS Mojave and newer.
- Fixed issue with some VST3 plug-ins that failed to initialize when loaded (Roland Cloud VST3)
- Fixed built-in Wah plug-in that could exceed the selected range in reverse mode.
- New presets browser with built-in search.
- MIDI Program Change preference is now saved into session instead of global preferences, so each instance can now use different MIDI channels. It is also saved in the user default preset.
- VST3: added program change support for VST3 plug-in format.
- VST3: added MIDI output support for VST3 plug-in format.
- New Level (volume control) and Micro EQ built-in plug-ins.
- Added a gain parameter to several built-in plug-ins to avoid volume changes when switched on/off (pitch and frequency shifters, modulation effects, delays).
- Increased knobs precision for pitch shifter and waveshaper built-in plug-ins for smoother control.
Third-party plug-ins host:
- VST and VST3 plug-ins previously displayed as missing because of name changes are now relocated automatically (Waves major updates, 32 and 64-bit plug-ins with different names etc.)
- Improved auto-relocation performance when a large number of plug-ins have moved.
- VST3 Host: added MIDI output and program change support for recently updated VST3 plug-ins.
Other fixes and improvements:
- VST: the user interface is now properly resized in Cubase on Windows.
- Mac: fixed issue with Magic Mouse that could trigger drag and drop instead of a mouse click.
- Spectrum analyzer display will not take priority over DAW or other plug-ins user interfaces.
- Miscellaneous user interface performance improvements.
What’s new in v3.2?
- Drag and drop plug-ins between slots.
- Hold the alt key on Mac and Ctrl key on windows to copy (duplicate) a plug-in instead of moving it.
- Drop the plug-in before another to insert it in the chain.
- Drag and drop plug-ins between several instances of the MB-7 Mixer or across plug-ins (compatible with the latest version of PatchWork, Late Replies and Axiom).
- Drag and drop .dll, .vst, .vst3, or .component files directly from the Finder or Explorer onto plug-in slots.
- Drag and drop .plgnfo files (previously saved from the software) directly from the Finder or Explorer onto plug-in slots.
- Built-in EQ plug-in can now load and manipulate impulse responses (IR).
- Spectrum analysis is now performed in the background and does not affect audio performance.
- Improved performance of the built-in EQ plug-in.
- Improved performance when saving the preset/session with many built-in plug-ins.
- Fixed: effect tail not processed anymore when just inserted on a track (avoids using CPU when not necessary).
- Fixed: built-in multitap delay plug-in could get out of sync in some host applications.
- Fixed: sweep filter, flanger and tremolo plug-ins could fail to initialize rate when using tempo sync and loaded from an MB-7 Mixer preset.
What’s new in v3.1?
- The GUI can now be zoomed from 70% to 200%.
- Added 28 built-in plug-ins borrowed from the Late Replies plug-in.
- New spectral manipulation and sound design presets using the built-in effects.
- Last loaded preset is now remembered in session and displayed in the presets menu.
- Plug-in state can now be reverted to the last loaded preset.
- Default preset now also saves the state of locks (when using “save as user default”).
- Major presets loading improvements: hosted plug-ins are now reloaded only when changed, and updated otherwise. Improves performance and audio rendering when loading presets using the same plug-ins.
- Faster GUI loading / instantaneous GUI display after it has been opened once.
- New option to keep plug-ins windows always on top.
- Performance and memory usage improvements.
- Mac: new installer.
- VST3: factory presets are not exposed to the host application anymore.
- Fixed minor compatibility issues with Mac OS High Sierra.
- Fixed host keyboard shortcuts lost when a sub plug-in is opened (in several host applications).
- Fixed sub-plug-ins automation overwritten when using touch mode in some hosts.
- Fixed: changing bypass in the Audio Unit version did not update host application’s bypass state.
- Fixed: bypass buttons are now in sync with the hosted plug-ins’ state.
- Win: fixed copy/paste that sometimes stopped working until next app restart.
- Dropped support for legacy RTAS and DirectX plug-ins formats.