v1.21 FabFilter Micro
$36.00 From $29.00
The classic FabFilter sound for a Micro price
FabFilter Micro is the ultimate lightweight filter plug-in with a single high-quality filter including envelope follower modulation.
With the introduction of FabFilter One in 2004, we set a new standard for digital filters… and it still stands today. Now you can get that classic FabFilter sound for a Micro price! With a single high-quality filter, FabFilter Micro is the ultimate lightweight filter plug-in.
FabFilter Micro’s single filter is smooth and creamy, yet easily turns into raw saturation and self-oscillation when tweaked using the interactive filter display. To clarify, it features low-pass and high-pass shapes and an envelope follower to modulate the cut-off frequency.
With the individual Input Gain and Output Gain parameters, you can fully control the saturation of the internal filter, making FabFilter Micro not only ideally suited for basic filtering tasks. Indeed, it’s also capable of beautiful distortion and analog saturation effects.
Of course, you also get all the usual FabFilter goodies: perfectly tuned knobs, MIDI Learn, Smart Parameter Interpolation for smooth parameter transitions, extensive help with interactive help hints, AltiVec, and SSE optimization, and much more!
FabFilter Micro Key Features
- Includes the classic, analog-sounding filter from FabFilter One
- Low-pass and high-pass settings
- Envelope follower modulating the cut-off frequency
- Modern interface with large interactive filter display
- Input and output gain settings to control saturation
- Includes basic factory presets to get started right away
- Stereo and mono plug-ins available
- MIDI Learn
- Smart Parameter Interpolation
- Sample-accurate automation
- Full help file with interactive help hints
- Available in VST, VST3, Audio Units, AAX Native, and AudioSuite formats (all both 64-bit and 32-bit), as well as RTAS (32-bit only)
Find FabFilter Micro in the following bundle
- Windows 11, 10, 8, 7, or Vista (32-bit and 64-bit)
- VST 2/3 host or Pro Tools
Mac OS X
- macOS 10.13 or higher (64-bit only)
- Audio Units host, VST 2/3 host, or Pro Tools.
- Intel or Apple Silicon processor
All Plug-ins Updated – AAX Apple Silicon support
March 21, 2023
- Added Apple Silicon support for all AAX plug-ins.
- All Pro and Creative plug-ins now support interface scaling. The resize button in the bottom right corner of the interface now offers a Scaling submenu, with options to increase or decrease the scale of the entire interface, e.g. 125%, 150%, etc.
- Reduced CPU spikes on changing oversampling or high quality mode in Pro and Creative plug-ins.
- Added a right-click shortcut menu for the preset button, with Save and Save As options. In Twin 3, this also lets you mark a preset as favorite.
- Added support for MIDI program changes in the VST3 plug-ins.
- Timeless 3, Volcano 3, Twin 3 and Saturn 2: Added Show Source Flow option, available via the Add Source ‘+’ button menu.
- Timeless 3, Volcano 3, Twin 3 and Saturn 2: Added Auto-Collapse Sources option, available via the Add Source ‘+’ button menu. When enabled, expanding one source interface will automatically collapse the others (the default behavior). When disabled, multiple source interfaces can be expanded at the same time.
- Pro-DS and Pro-G: Added support for different interface sizes and Full Screen mode.
- Pro-G: Added density spectrum visualization in the side chain filter controller, similar to how Pro-DS shows this.
- Pro-L 2: Added Auto-Reset option for loudness metering, available as a toggle option in the Loudness Time Scale menu. When enabled, loudness metering and clipping will be reset every time playback starts in the DAW.
- Twin 3: Fixed a bug which caused the main Frequency Offset parameter to be ignored for filters with panning and non-modulated Filter Frequency.
- Twin 3: Redesigned options icon in the preset browser to make it more discoverable.
- Volcano 3: Fixed a bug that could cause possible clicks or noise when modulating filter peak values around zero.
- Volcano 3: Fixed issue where text entry for the peak value in the parameter value display would change frequency when piano display was enabled.
- Volcano 3: Fixed an issue in the mono version of the plug-in where filters that were removed in the interface could still remain in effect.
- Twin 3: The Arpeggiator Lock parameter is now always disabled for new instances of the plug-in.
- Small bug fixes and improvements.
All plug-ins updated
All FabFilter plug-ins have been updated with bug fixes and improvements, including immersive audio support in Pro-Q 3 and Pro-L 2. This update is free for existing customers and we recommend everyone to update to the latest plug-in versions. So what’s new?
- Improved rotational drag mode for knobs to avoid unexpected sudden changes.
- For newly installed plug-ins on Mac, factory presets will now be saved in the user’s Documents folder, in FabFilter/Presets.
- Fixed issues with text input for controls when running in Pro Tools, on macOS Big Sur and Monterey.
- Improved Full-Screen mode on Mac when using multiple monitors: the menu bar and the dock will now remain visible on other monitors. Fixed an issue with Timeless 3 and Volcano 3 where dialogs (e.g. Save As for presets) would not show up in Full-Screen mode. The camera area on a 16″ MacBook Pro will not overlap the full-screen area anymore.
- Fixed a bug that caused keyboard shortcuts (e.g. the space bar) not to work in Reaper on Windows after using the mouse wheel and not moving the mouse.
- The Windows installers now remember the VST2 folder location that was last used.
- Pro-L 2: Fixed a small issue with higher oversampling rates (8x and more) wherein some very specific cases, True Peak limiting could introduce a bit more distortion than needed.
- Timeless 3: Fixed an issue that could cause a crash when running at very high sample rates, which also caused VST3 validation in Digital Performer to fail.
- Volcano 3: Fixed a possible crash when modulating curves routed in parallel.
- Small bug fixes and improvements.
What’s new in v1.21?
- Fixed an issue with text entry for parameters on macOS Catalina.
- Fixed occasional crashes on macOS when loading projects in some DAWs (e.g. Logic Pro), related to having PACE-protected third-party plug-ins in the same session.
- Fixed occasional crashes in Bitwig on macOS, when opening sessions that contain FabFilter VST3 plug-ins with side chain support.
- Fixed interface scaling issues on macOS 10.14 and higher, when dragging a plug-in interface between Retina and non-Retina monitors.
- All VST3 and AU plug-ins with now show up in the DAW without the ‘FabFilter ‘ or ‘FF ‘ prefix in their name.
- On macOS, all plug-ins are now 64-bit only.
- Minor bug fixes and improvements.
The updated plug-ins are fully compatible with previous versions.
What’s new in version 1.19?
- Updated plug-in for full compatibility with Mac hosts built specifically for macOS 10.14 (Mojave), such as Logic Pro 10.4.4, running under macOS 10.14.0 or 10.14.1. Previously this could lead to an all-black plugin interface.
- Improved the way settings are saved when multiple plug-in instances are open to make sure the last setting that was chosen is saved correctly for new instances.
- Added support for 300% scaling on 8K displays (High DPI) on Windows.
- Fixed an issue that could cause incorrect scaling of the plug-in interface in Cubase 10 or Live 10 on High DPI displays in combination with certain graphics drivers on Windows.
- Added a Refresh item to the Options submenu of the presets menu: this makes it possible to manually refresh the menu (and any V1/V2 Preset Folder submenus if available).
- Fixed a bug on Mac that could cause program changes received by one plug-in to be forwarded to other FabFilter plug-in instances.
- Various minor bug fixes and improvements.
What’s new in Version 1.18?
- Fixed possible crashes in Logic Pro X, which occasionally tries to initialize plug-ins with invalid/uninitialized buffers.
- Fixed possible crash in Nuendo 7 on macOS when closing a plugin.
- Fixed issues with key stroke stealing on Windows when using the Avid S6 control surface.
- Fixed incorrect appearance of plug-in interfaces in Live 10 in High DPI mode.
- The VST 2.4 plug-in will now automatically adapt its channel layout to match the audio/track it is placed on. Note that the separate “(Mono)” version of the plug-ins are still included for backwards compatibility.
- Fixed a bug that could cause a crash when moving the mouse over the right edge of a menu with icons.
- Small bug fixes and improvements.