IK Multimedia Miroslav Philharmonik 2
Upgrade From $99.99
The new orchestra with legendary soul
U.S. & Canada sales only.
Miroslav Philharmonik 2 provides an impressive range of instruments that have been meticulously crafted with remarkable detail. From solo instruments to full ensembles, each one has been recorded with extraordinary precision and features a comprehensive selection of articulations beyond the typical sustain, staccato, and pizzicato.
The most emotional orchestral collection ever
Strings that soar, woodwinds that dance, brass that commands and a full symphony orchestra of sounds at your fingertips — all expertly performed with musical articulations for real music played by real musicians. From flowing legatos to animated pizzicatos, from aggressive spiccatos to elegant staccatos, from the most subtle pianissimo to the most triumphant fortissimo and more, Miroslav Philharmonik 2 is a sweeping vision from a master artist embodied in a new virtual instrument that brings the orchestra to life. It’s not enough to just have good recordings of classical instruments. For a true symphonic experience, you need instruments performed by the absolute best musicians articulated in just the right way directed by a producer and conductor who knows the fine art of making living, breathing samples. Miroslav Vitous pioneered the concept of a complete symphonic sample library for real composers, and now he has taken it to the next level.
Ecstasy. Passion. Joy.
Miroslav Philharmonik 2 is feeling. And it’s feeling that you can’t get with other orchestral collections. Musicians familiar with Mirsolav Vitous’ groundbreaking original library know what we’re talking about. But if you’ve never used Miroslav Philharmonik before, let’s paint a picture in your mind of the particular kind of feeling that its instruments can conjure: It’s the tension and mystery filling your love story set in the French Riviera with delicate tragedy. It’s the punctuation and swelling background of passion in your next tear-jerking R&B ballad. It’s that added dash of symphonic brilliance that turns your goth-metal anthem into the kind of cathartic experience that tops charts.
Miroslav Philharmonik 2 is all of these things and more. And it’s only possible because of its truly unique sound set. Unlike other libraries, its samples and sounds don’t just recreate dry instruments. Instead, Mirsolav Philharmonik 2 turns you into a master conductor in control of a full symphony orchestra staffed by living, breathing human beings. So when you call on an instrument to play, you won’t just hear a note — you’ll hear all the passion, pain, joy, suffering and excitement of the musician playing that note. And you’ll get it immediately (no processing required).
And that’s why Miroslav Philharmonik 2 is such a revolutionary orchestral collection. It’s a sweeping vision — in the form of an elegant and easy-to-use software workstation — from a master musician that gives you immediate access to a cathartic depth and fluidity of human musical expression that’s never before been heard in a software sample collection.
Masterfully recorded by a Master
Made in collaboration with legendary jazz bassist and sampling visionary, Miroslav Vitous, Miroslav Philharmonik 2 gives you a over 58GB sound library with over 2,700 instruments sampled in glorious high-definition audio. Every instrument fits — they are made to play together and made to stand alone. There are delicate strings, colorful woodwinds and majestic brass as well as brand new concert grand piano, harpsichord, orchestral chimes, marimba, vibraphone and glockenspiel sounds plus enhanced versions of the instruments in the original library.
Each of its instruments features multiple musical articulations played by real musicians with the kind of “live” feeling that only a master conductor can provoke. From flowing legatos to animated pizzicatos, from aggressive spiccatos to elegant staccatos and from the subtlest pianissimo to the most triumphant fortissimo, Miroslav Philharmonik 2 gives you the power to draw raw musical feeling and emotion from every note.
Miroslav Philharmonik 2 retains the spirit and musicality of the original Miroslav Philharmonik orchestral workstation used to produce countless major motion picture scores and compositions, and it takes the emotion and expression of the orchestral players to a new level of enlightenment, one that can only be called “magic” by it’s creator himself.
“…Thank the spirit of music for making this possible. This one plays music like magic. It was made for the music, not for the money and not for the hype.” – Miroslav Vitous.
Miroslav Philharmonik 2 provides fantastic solo and ensemble string, brass, woodwind, keyboards, percussion and other instruments in stunning high-resolution sound. Its easy-to-use articulations and full spread of over 30 high-quality effects and many advanced features — derived from SampleTank 3 and T-RackS — provide unmatched sonic sculpting capability that makes it as great a choice for your next classical arrangement or film score as it is for your next hip-hop song or metal ballad.
Finally, all the humanity, passion and acoustic grandeur of a real symphony orchestra is available in one convenient, affordable and easy-to-use package.
Compelling output requires spectacular input, and Miroslav Philharmonik 2 delivers in grand style. Miroslav Philharmonik 2 offers a massive range of instruments that have each been recorded with jaw dropping level of detail. Its solo and ensemble instruments come with a treasure chest full of useful articulations that go far beyond the standard sustained, staccato and pizzicato.
In the established Miroslav style, these instruments are full of emotion and musicality. These are NOT static, generic acoustic instrument samples. With Miroslav Philharmonik 2, you get not only the sounds, but also the passion of a composer and his musicians who have spent their whole lives mastering their craft as living, breathing fine art.
Each of its instruments have been captured in glorious stereo audio at the prestigious CNSO Orchestra Studios in Prague, home of the Czech National Symphony Orchestra and a space that’s been used for recording by such legends as Andrea Bocelli, Ennio Morricone, Lalo Schifrin and, of course, Miroslav Vitous himself.
Every new sample has been expertly recorded and optimized for playback from a keyboard — they’ve all been hand edited and voiced by musicians so they retain that same emotional and musical characteristics and quality that made the original Miroslav Philharmonik such a mainstay classic.
Miroslav Philharmonik 2 also contains all of the samples from the original Miroslav Philharmonik virtual instrument that provide additional strings, brass and windwinds but also choir, keyboard instruments, chromatic instruments and percussion. And, no matter whether a new addition or an old favorite, every single instrument included in Miroslav Philharmonik 2 is SampleTank 3 compatible. This allows for seamless integration into your existing SampleTank music production workflow. You can play Miroslav Philharmonik 2 as an instrument collection inside SampleTank 3 with no additional installation or conversion.
- Over 58GB of 24-bit / 96kHz high-definition samples
- Includes the complete original Miroslav Philharmonik sound library optimized for more control with articulation switching and enhanced macros
- Recorded and produced by jazz legend Miroslav Vitous
- Over 2,700 stereo instruments that cover the complete orchestral spectrum and more
- Multiple articulations per instrument with articulation switching
- Comes with ConvoRoom convolution reverb with 3D GUI
- 34 high-quality studio effects from SampleTank 3
- 4 professional-grade mastering processors from T-RackS
- Multi-channel mixer-like Mix interface with 16 channels and 4 insert effects per channel, 4 stereo effect returns (with 5 insert effects each) and a master channel with 5 insert effects
- Access to the powerful instrument Edit page with 3 sample engines (including formant preserving pitch-shifting and time-stretching engines), 10 filter types and 8 macro controls per instrument for quick multi-parameter editing
- Based on SampleTank 3’s powerful 64-bit engine
- Recorded at CNSO Studios in Prague
Play • Mix • Edit
the building blocks of your emotional masterpiece
Like SampleTank 3, Miroslav Philharmonik 2 features a Play page. It’s where you’ll do a majority of your composing. It gives you 16 “parts” that work like channels on a mixing board or tracks in a DAW. Each part can contain one articulation-switching instrument, and each has its own 5 insert effects slots as well as 4 insert effect sends for global processing. Each Part can be assigned to any MIDI channel letting you layer, split and perform complex multi-timbral sequencing with ease.
Miroslav Philhamonik 2 is more than just an instrument; it’s a full-featured symphonic workstation. It comes with its own built-in DAW. Explore its Mix tab and you’ll find the familiar interface of a DAW mixer that comes complete with console-style channel strips as well as 4 stereo FX returns and a complete master fader, all with 5 insert effect slots each.
Imagine a symphony. Now imagine that symphony processed through a state-of-the-art synthesizer. Sounds pretty wild, right? Well that’s exactly what you can do with Miroslav Philharmonik 2’s robust Edit page. It’s a powerful synthesizer engine with 3 different sampling engines and 10 filters that you can use to radically reshape and transform any instrument in Miroslav Philharmonik 2’s library to fit your creative needs.
Miroslav Philharmonik 2
- Works as a multi-platform plug-in and as a Standalone application
- Content structured in Instruments, Multis and MIDI Patterns
- Fully compatible with Mac OS X and Windows
- Supported plug-in formats: AAX, VST, and Audio Units
- 16 part multitimbral
- 16 individual stereo outputs
- Info view with specific information and 3D icon for each instrument
- Mix view and full mix parameters control
- Live mode for instantaneous sounds loading, organized in set lists and songs
- 34 studio-quality effects
- Part Range Controls allows for creating splits and layers
- Edit view for in depth editing of all synth engine parameters, independently for all the elements or articulations that are included in the instrument
- Instrument browsing
- BPM syncable time-based effects and LFOs
- Four play modes including mono legato with portamento.
- Zone switch allows to edit individual key-zones for the selected sound elelement or articulation
- Multi Articulation and Key Switch instrument control for string, woodwind and brass instruments
- Easy to use assignable MIDI control to any parameter with MIDI Learn
- Instrument and Multi saving
- Convenient Search function for Instruments, Multis and Patterns
- Available as a digital download or as a boxed version with USB drive
3 Synth Engines
- Amp Components: Tone Control
- EQ and Dynamics: Black 76, Model 670, White 2A, Vintage EQ-1A, Compressor, Parametric EQ, EQ Comp, Limiter
- Modulation: Chorus C1, Electric Flanger, Rotary Speaker, Uni-V, Small Phazer, Chorus, Phaser, Tremolo, Flanger
- Reverb and Delay: Acoustic Resonance, Tape Echo, Hall Reverb, ConvoRoom, Plate Reverb, Reverb, Ambience, Delay, Spring Reverb
- Filters / Other: Piano Lid, Stereo Imager, LFO Filter, Phonograph, Env Filter, Slicer, Lo-Fi
4 Play Modes
- Legato 1
- Legato 2
- Over 58 GB of 24-bit / 96kHz samples
- Over 2,700 instruments that cover the full range of orchestral sounds and beyond
- Included MIDI pattern library
Miroslav Philharmonik 2 is a 64-bit application and requires a 64 bit CPU and Operating System.
- Minimal: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo, 4 GB of RAM (8 GB suggested), Mac OS X 10.10 or later. 58 GB of hard drive space.
- Supported Plug-in formats (64-bit): Audio Units, VST 2, VST 3, AAX.
- Minimal: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo or AMD Athlon™ 64 X2, 4 GB of RAM (8 GB suggested), Windows® 7, Windows® 8 or Windows® 10. 58 GB of hard drive space. Requires an ASIO compatible sound card.
- Supported Plug-in formats (64-bit): VST 2, VST 3, AAX.