The parametric modelling plugin for 3ds Max
RailClone is the world’s most powerful artist-friendly parametric modeling plugin for 3ds Max®. Its unique array-based approach to asset creation is fast, efficient, and easy-to-learn.
Use the convenient node-based editor to create rules that combine, sequence, transform, deform, slice, bevel, and distribute instanced geometry or proxies. Create variation by randomizing objects, UV mapping, and material IDs. Render huge objects made from thousands of highly detailed parts using native geometry shaders.
With RailClone, creating sophisticated parametric models has never been simpler.
Main applications where the software is used:
RailClone’s rule-based arrays and deformation algorithms are perfectly attuned to modeling architectural components. Create bespoke railings, stairs, floors, ceilings, cladding, facades and much much more with ease.
RailClone’s advanced instancing engine is able to render huge objects with little memory overhead. Create objects with rich life-like detail, and populate scenes in a click with geometry that is impossible to create using other methods.
Architecture, Engineering, Construction
RailClone plays well with other AEC applications. Link splines from Autocad, Revit, Civil 3D or any other compatible software to drive RailClone objects. Use RailClone as an integral part of the design process, not just a presentation render.
RailClone brings industry-leading parametric modeling to 3ds Max®. Now anyone can create procedural objects, with absolutely no need for programming knowledge.
RailClone is unlike other parametric tools. It creates objects by distributing and manipulating geometry created using standard modeling techniques – this means if you can model in Max, you can use RailClone.
No need to depend on a folder full of 3rd party scripts or rely on someone to create a tool for you. RailClone’s unrivaled workflow enables you to leverage your existing skills, and create almost any parametric object with a single plugin.
With RailClone there are no limits on your creativity. Unlike other scripts and plugins that are designed for a single type of model, in RailClone you can create almost any parametric object.
Easy to Use
RailClone uses an easy-to-understand graphical Style Editor to create sophisticated structures. Unlike other procedural tools, absolutely no programming knowledge is necessary.
Railclone is fully multi-threaded and highly optimized for speed. This, coupled with the Points-cloud display mode, and native geometry shaders mean that you can create and render huge parametric objects, made from thousands of highly detailed parts.
RailClone transforms, slices and deforms geometry to create a seamless object. Just set the construction rules, and all the necessary deformations are applied automatically, even on curved paths!
Let RailClone do the thinking for you with advanced algorithms to deform geometry to follow sloping paths and surfaces. Inclined and uneven walls, stairs, handrails and balustrades, and stepped fences are no longer a chore to create in 3DS Max.
Ready to go
RailClone Pro comes with over 350 predefined styles, including Fences, Railings, Barriers, Traffic, Walls, and much more. The library browser is fully customizable, allowing you to add new categories and models with a single click and share them with your colleagues.
- Plugins for 3ds Max 2012-2018
- Native support for most popular rendering engines
- Unlimited render nodes
- Over 350 presets
- Premium support
RailClone comes in 2 versions
RailClone Pro is fully featured, with advanced modes to deform geometry on the Z axis, an unlimited number of segments and generators, RailClone tools and the ability to convert the geometry to an editable mesh. The pro version also includes the full library of other 350 styles presets and the ability to edit libraries and add your own objects.
In addition, a Pro license of Forest Pack permits you to prioritized technical support, early access to beta versions, and regular updates.
RailClone Lite is free to use, even commercially. It provides many of the features found in RailClone Pro but is limited to 3 segments, 1 generator, and flat splines. The Lite edition has a limited subset of library styles and does not include RailClone Tools, the ability to collapse to a mesh, or user-editable libraries.
If you want to know the differences between our Pro and Lite version, please read this documentation.
You can download RailClone LITE from the link on the right side of this page.
What’s new in version 3.2?
RailClone 3.2 introduces compatibility with V-Ray Next, Arnold and 3ds Max 2019, significant enhancements to default scaling modes, a new supermarket library and several improvements to existing features.
RailClone 3.2 is a compatibility update to support the most recent version of 3ds Max, V-Ray, and Arnold – Autodesk’s powerful new renderer, included in 3ds Max from version 2018 and above.
In addition, we’ve taken the opportunity to include in some additional updates to make RailClone even more powerful and add extra options requested by artists to create amazing parametric models.
Thanks to the latest release, you can now use beveled corners with adaptive and count mode, sync random values between generators, use the sub-spline count in expressions, apply modifiers to nested RailClone objects, populate supermarkets with a new library and more
As usual, a Lite version of this release is freely available to download and use commercially.
Compatible with (nearly) everything! V-Ray, Arnold, Corona
RailClone 3.2 adds support for V-Ray Next, so you can take advantage of Chaos Group’s latest and greatest renderer. Enjoy speed improvements of up to 25%, use the new GPU architecture with its promise of doubling the speed of your GPU rendering, take advantage of the new adaptive dome light and much much more.
For the first time, RailClone is now also compatible with Arnold, Autodesk’s replacement for Mental Ray that was first included with Max 2018. Not only does Arnold support instancing with RailClone and most of the main features, it also supports RailClone Colour, a new map type introduced in version 3 that enables you to randomize and tint bitmaps per-segment, or even colors on a surface.
We’re delighted to announce that the recently released Corona 2.0 also supports RailClone 3.2 so you can take advantage of its fabulous new bokeh controls, scatter CoronaVolumeGrid objects, and take advantage of its many performance improvements.
And don’t forget, in addition to these great renderers, RailClone also supports Datasmith, Mental Ray, and Thea plus nearly any renderer on the planet via RailClone tools. Check out the requirements page for full compatibility information.
Harmonised input names
Creating models with RailClone is simple when you understand the underlying principles. Internally, the A2S (two dimensional) array generator is calculated by stacking multiple L1S (one dimensional) arrays on top of one another – to form rows.
To help artists to understand the connection between the two generators, the A2S generator’s inputs have been renamed. From this release onwards, the A2S generator’s Left inputs are renamed to Start, and Right inputs have been renamed End.
This release sees the addition of a new library containing food products that can be used to quickly populate shop and supermarket shelves. RailClone now includes a growing library of nearly 400 styles in 30 categories, with more planned for release soon!
In addition, we have included several new Macros that you can use to create your own similar styles in a quick and easy fashion. Just add the geometry and you’re good to go!
To accompany RailClone 3.2’s Arnold support, we have created Arnold materials for every preset. If you are using Arnold, this will be detected automatically and the correct materials will be used. Alternatively, you can force Arnold materials to load by selecting them from the drop-down list.
Use Bevelled Corners with Adaptive and Scale mode
RailClone can distribute default segments along paths using one of four modes. In the default Tiling mode, geometry is simply repeated and the final segment is sliced to ensure a perfect fit with the underlying path.
Sometimes though, you don’t want to slice geometry. The remaining modes allow you to use only whole segments. For example, using Scale mode you can stretch geometry between the start and end of a spline or between intermediary segments. Ideal where you need to recreate a sweeping effect
For repeated geometry, Adaptive mode intelligently adds additional segments and scales them all equally to fill the available space. No geometry is sliced for optimal instancing and you’ll never see half a segment or encounter an unwanted open edge.
Finally, you can take control and specify the exact number of segments to be cloned along a path section using Count mode.
The last two modes are incredibly useful, but always had a limitation: it wasn’t possible to use them in conjunction with beveled corners.
Thanks to RailClone 3.2, we’re happy to announce that this restriction has been removed and beveled corners can now be used with all 4 default modes!
The random number node gives you a lot of choices on when to create a new value. Pick from per spline, per section, per Y row, per segment and more.
But what if you want randomized values to be the same between generators? Until now that wasn’t possible, but in RailClone 3.2 we’ve added the ability to synchronize randomized values between generators. This makes it much easier to split a style between multiple generators to create more sophisticated styles.
Several other improvements are included in RailClone 3.2. The UVW XForm operator now has an option to rotate the texture around its center – perfect for randomizing maps with radial symmetry.
Update manager has seen several stability improvements and now includes the ability to install libraries from a network location. This can save multi-user offices from having to download the same content multiple times.
Nested RailClone objects can now have modifiers applied to them provided they are not reseeded per segment, and a SubSplineCounter variable has been added to expressions so that you can create conditional styles based on the order of sub splines.
To help with XRefing scenes, when using Free Object mode the full spline’s transformation is now ignored. In previous versions, only the position was being ignored.
To see the full list of changes, please see the release notes.
To download and use the latest features, log-in to your User Panel and click on the button from the left-hand menu. If your maintenance plan has expired you can renew from the option also found in the left-hand menu.
What’s new in version 3.0.7?
- Added Macros. This feature allows you to create new nodes by creating sub-graphs. Macros to output numeric values, geometry, and generators are all possible.
- A new Macro library panel is available in the Style Editor containing system and user-generated macros
- Create or edit a macro by selecting a Macro node, right-clicking and selecting Macro > Edit
- Input nodes allow you to determine the base objects used by a macro. These will become the macros inputs.
- Output nodes allow you to determine the type of output generated by a macro. Choose from segment or numeric.
- One or more Generators can be added to a macro.
- Several examples are included, and you can save, share and import your own macros as well as adding them to a user library for easy reuse.
- Added Update Manager, a new application to download and keep the software updated.
- Libraries, Maps, and Macros have been removed from the setup program. Now are downloaded from the Update Manager.
- It requires to log in with the username and password included with your license.
- In the current version, the plugin is not updated from the application. This feature will be included in next updates.
- Update Manager is launched periodically from 3DS Max, notifying the use of updates if there are any. You also can run it manually from General>Update or from the Start Menu.
- Library, Materials, and Maps are moved to C:Users<user>AppDataLocalItoo SoftwareRailClone
- A new algorithm to align Linear Generator with planar and closed splines. It computes initial banking angle (X Rotation in Generator) so segment’s Z axis is perpendicular to the plane formed by the first and last spline’s segment. This method works much better when creating frames, windows, etc.
- Added Auto Align option to Array Generator->Extend X/Y Size mode. This option creates array aligned automatically with each sub-spline. This mode is very suitable for roof and panels.
Two modes are available. For both modes, the Z axis is always perpendicular to the plane formed by the spline.
- X –> XY: X-axis is parallel to the RailClone XY plane (considering local axis of the object).
- to Spline: X-axis is aligned with first Spline’s segment (you can use “Make first” vertex and “Reverse” spline to modify alignment).
- Added Generator A2S->Clipping Area-> Hierarchy Checking Mode. This option determines the way that RailClone processes stacked splines for Extend X/Y Size mode.
- Complete uses the original RC2 behavior, stacked splines are alternatively included/exclude geometry
- None treats each spline as unique, overlapping or stacking splines has no effect
- ‘ By Material ID uses the material ID assigned to the splines to determine which belong to the same array.
- Added RailClone Color: A new map type that is similar to Forest Color, providing random textures and tint to each segment.
- Compatible with V-Ray, Mental Ray, and non-instanced geometry.
- The number of maps is increased to 20 (instead of 10 for ForestColor).
- In future Forest updates, ForestColor and RailClone Color will be interchangeable.
- Added “Color Seed” to Transform node. If not zero, the value is used as a random seed for RailClone color
- Added Style Linking: This feature lets you link an RC object to another, so Style changes done on Master are dynamically reproduced on the slave.
- The update is done when Style Editor is closed, importing a Library Style or manually clicking the ‘Update’ button.
- Optionally material is also copied from the Master object.
- Parameter values are copied from the master as well, except those have been modified by the user. This mechanism works in the same way than Library/Copy Style operations, and the behavior can be modified from “General” settings.
- Added ‘Retain Value Mode’ to Numeric parameters. It overrides behavior for Retain value feature (used on Library, Copy Style, and Style Linking procedures):
- Auto: parameter value is retained if has been modified by the user.
- Local: retain always value of local parameter.
- Global: parameter is always overwritten, copying the value from the master RC object.
- New libraries: Roofing tiles, Hips and Ridges, and Cladding.
- Added support for V-Ray 3.6.
- Added support for Max 2018.
- Note: Mental Ray is not supported for this version.
- New Max.time variable to returns the current time (in ticks).
- Note: When Max.time is used in any expression, the RC object is updated at each frame. This may degrade performance.
- List boxes in Parameters and Base Objects rollouts are resizeable.
- Internal changes for compatibility with third-party renderers.
- Note nodes have been rewritten. They are now resizeable, have user definable colors and can move child nodes.
- Limit by ID can be used in Array generators when “Clipping->Extend X/Y Size to Area” is enabled.
- In this way, the ID limit is applied to the clipping spline, not to the base X/Y splines.
- The ID of first spline’s section is used for checking.
- Added mode to Compose: In Sequence or Grouped :
- In Sequence uses the default behaviour, following Segments in order.
- Grouped uses the first Segment as Main, which defines size and placement in the Generator sequence. Other segments are placed stacked in same position, according to their alignment settings. Note: some advanced operations as Bevel Corner, are not compatible with Stack mode and can generate incorrect results.
- Instancing is disabled for certain Library styles, when current renderer doesn’t support it.
- Continuous mapping feature (Segment->Mapping) is completely rewritten. Now it should generate correct mapping under all conditions.
- Due to the changes introduced, mapping may look different from RC2.
- Segment mapping from non-converted RC1 objects doesn’t work anymore. You must convert these objects to RC3 format.
- Origin of UV coordinates (U=0,V=0) is aligned with the base spline.
- Added UVW Offset to Generators.
- Added Y Spline mode to A2S Generator: defines what coordinates are used for the Y Spline: Y/Z or X/Y.
- X/Y was the mode for RC2 objects. RC3 objects uses Y/Z mode by default, which is more logical.
- Style->Operate On is changed to Quad by default.
- More Generator parameters are available for exporting (specifically combo values).
- Transform->Fixed Size is computed before applying other transformations (as Rotate or Scale).
- Updated expressions engine to V3. Changes:
- return <expression> ;
- * ‘=’ changed to ‘==’
- Added option to extract all Segments to the scene.
- New dialog for Export Parameters/Attributes . It allows to change multiple parameters from multiple selected nodes (of same type).
- Seed parameter now is animatable.
- Added Pivot Offset to Transform node.
- Added next properties to Arithmetic->Expression :
- XSplineNextMatID : Material ID of next X Spline’s segment. With Corners, returns ID of segment AFTER the corner.
- YSplineNextMatID : Material ID of next Y Spline’s segment.
- SegmentXRole : Role of current segment in a Linear Generator. Can be used also within a row of an Array (0 = Undefined, 1 = Default, 2 = Start, 3 = Corner, 4 = Evenly, 5 = End)
- SegmentYRole : Role of current segment in an Array Generator (0 = Undefined, 1 = Default, 2 = Bottom, 3 = Corner (unused), 4 = Evenly, 5 = Top)
- XVertexIndex : (index of X spline’s vertex)
- XEvenlyNumber : Number of Evenly positions on X path.
- YEvenlyNumber : Number of Evenly positions on Y path.
- Modified the way that arrays are generated when using multiple splines. Previously rows were created using all splines (Row 1 of Spline 1, Row 1 of Spline 2, etc). Now one array is generated completely for each spline (Row 1 of Spline1, Row 2 of Spline 1, etc) allowing their row sizes to operate independently.
Other changes and Fixes
- 3DS Max 2010/2011 are not longer supported.
- Changed: Generator A2S->Limits and Padding don’t work when using Clipping
- Changed: Linear Generator->Evenly->Sync Offset is does not function when using Count mode and has been disabled.
- Area->Extend X/Y Size. Settings have been disabled in this mode.
- Fixed: Material operator generates different sequences when used on several generators.
- Fixed: Randomize operator exports incorrect attribute values.
- Fixed: Randomize, Sequence and Material operators are incremented twice when using exported attributes.
- Fixed: Exported Counter parameter doesn’t work with Sequence nodes.
- Fixed rare clipping issue using planar segments (zero width along the axis projection).
- Fixed: UVW XForm is not applied in V-Ray.
- Fixed rare issue in V-Ray with meshes using specified vertex normals.
- Fixed bug with Evenly segments on closed splines.
- Fixed: Arithmetic->Expression->XSplineNextMatID doesn’t work with Fillet Radius.
- Fixed: when creating a new node, dragging a category title to the canvas causes a crash
- Fixed: Closed splines planar to XY would generate flipped objects.
- Fixed: Conditional->Angle returns wrong angle for first vertex of closed splines.
- Fixed: Surface modifies Material IDs of conformed spline.
- Fixed issue with disabled Sequence operators and Bevels.
- Fixed: Expression’s ‘print’ statement doesn’t print result.
- Fixed: “X Spline Start” event was triggered for each array row (now only with the first one).
- Fixed “SegmentXCounter” value for Start/End/Corner/Evenly segments. This is a separate counter from Default segments.
- Expressions of RC2 using Trigonometric functions are converted to use Radians instead Degrees.
- Fixed: Segments disappear on closed spline if Y Offset >= Generator Padding.
- Fixed: ‘Display Limit exceeded’ is not shown as error in General rollup and Lister.
- Fixed Generator->Z Offset issue when using Segment->Deform->Adaptive mode.
- Fixed alignment of Y Evenly rows when applying Bottom Padding to A2S Generator.
- Fixed erratic movement of Max objects when Style Editor is closed selecting other object.
- Fixed missing Segment using Evenly on closed splines.
- Style evaluation has been improved to remove redundancies and fix related bugs.
- Fixed: Style Editor cannot close if Listener is open.
- Fixed: Style Linking is applied to wrong objects, messing parameters and causing unexpected issues.
- Fixed: In a cloned object, all parameters are initialized as ‘unused’, for the ‘Retain Value Mode’ feature.
- Fixed crash when deselecting the RC object with the Expressions editor open.
- Fixed minor bug with Scale mode and Bevels on straight splines.
- $.createdVersion is not copied anymore from source objects, on Copy Style and Library operations.
- Fixed alignment on Vertical/Stepped modes when Generator->X Rotation is greater than zero.
- Fixed crash when connecting Arithmetic node using an empty expression.
- Style Editor->Undo operations doesn’t modify scene state (as position and zoom).
- Fixed crash with dynamic geometry render and segments using TurboOptimizer modifier.
What’s new in Railclone 2.6.1?
- Actions of the Toolbar are available at “Customize User Interface” (within “RailClone” category).
- Fixed: Toolbar placed out of screen and not visible (see Note 1).
- Fixed: Toolbar is not available after a Workspace change.
- Fixed bug with Bevel and corner angles that are exactly 180 degrees.
- Fixed incompleted segments with Bevel and Extend mode.
- *Fixed bug with GetObjTMAfterWSM(t, &valid): it doesn’t intersect valid, just replace it.
- Fixed crash of Style Editor in Max 2011- 2012 64 bit.
- Fixed colors in Points-cloud mode.
- All configuration keys defined at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE can be read alternatively from same branch at HKEY_CURRENT_USER.
What’s new in Railclone 2.6
RailClone 2.6 requires a license upgrade. See this post on our knowledge base for details.
New Features and Fixes
- Added support for V-Ray 3.3.
- RailClone 2.6 benefits of the render performance improvements of V-Ray 3.2 and greater. In our tests speed gains were between 40% to 100% depending of the scene.
- V-Ray 1.5, 3.0, 3.1, and 3.2 are not longer supported. Currently supported V-Ray versions are 2.5 and 3.3.
- Added a toolbar with shortcuts to: add RailClone object, Open RailClone Tools and RailClone Lister.
- Added a new RailClone Lister
- This new tool simplifies the management of scenes that contain multiple RailClone Pack objects.
- It comprises a simplified interface allowing you to rename, enable/disable, hide/unhide, and select Forest objects, display useful information, and speed up editing properties.
- For more details see the documentation.
- Added support for V-Ray motion blur and velocity channel with animated proxies and meshes.
- Improved hit-test viewport performance for mesh modes.
- Fixed random crash rendering animations in V-Ray 3.
- Fixed bug with VRayProxies and Bevels.
- Fixed potential corruption issue when save is not completed correctly.
- Fixed: Spinner dragging on Style Editor generates multiple undos.
- Fixed: Redo operation on Style Editor changes selected node.
- Fixed endless loop when using arrays with paddings greater than spline’s length.
- Fixed behaviour of Sequence Operator on Bevels. To keep compatibility with previous scenes, fix is applied only on new RC objects.
- Fixed bug in Arithmetic operator when input values are not of the same type.
- Fixed: Bevel is not applied correctly on vertices with very small change of angle.
- Fixed: Extended/Symmetry Bevels don’t work if segment is larger than length of initial section path.
- Fixed bug which on rare cases could generate sliced instances when using arrays.
- Fixed bug with initialization of parameters in Arithmetic expressions.
What’s New in Railclone 2.4.6
New Features and Changes:
- Added Style Description. Lets you to see at a glance a general description of the style, base objects and parameters.
- Use Style Editor->Style->Edit Description to edit, and Style rollout->Help button to show description.
- Added Maxscript functions to get/set Style Description: $.railclone.getStyleDesc(), $.railclone.setStyleDesc(“my style”)
- Added UVW XForm operator to edit and randomise the tiling, offset and rotation of existing UVW map coordinates (*)
- UVW XForm->Random->Step Increment. Enables random values to increment in steps (for example rotation could be randomised between 0° and 360° in 90° steps).
- Added Export Attributes. This feature enables the exporting of numeric values from nodes, for example the size of a Segment. To use it: select Segment->Right Click->Export Attributes.
- Segment->Mapping accepts multiple map channels. Write them separated by spaces (*)
- Added Generator->Limits->Padding (Start/End for Linear, Left/Right/Top/Bottom for Arrays).
- Added two modes for Generator->Rules->Evenly: Distance and Count. Distance works as before, and Count creates a fixed number of elements.
- Exportable Parameters and Attributes are sorted by category.
- Added more exportable parameters to Segment and Transform nodes.
- Added Clear all to Export Parameters and Attributes.
- Improved conform to Surface for very large splines. Added parameter to define interpolation’s step: Style->Geometry->Surface Interpolation (5cm by default).
- Conditional->Vertex can be used with Default slot. It checks the latest vertex before the Default segment.
- Display->Use Geometry Shader is renamed to Use Instancing Engine.
- RailClone Tools->Instantiate copies User Properties, Object ID and wireframe color of the source object (when present).
- Added Segments Selector to Quad menu.
- Added warning message to General->Stats to inform of features not compatible with instancing.
- Installer supports multiple Max versions.
- Improved handling of multi threading. Also fixed rare crash on certain conditions.
(*) Segments using these features can be instanced only in V-Ray, though these operators can be used with all render engines and RailClone Tools when Display->Use Instancing Engine is off.
- Multiple wiring support, selecting several nodes of the same type and dragging (e.g. to connect multiple Segments to a Randomize operator).
- Added Segment->Right Menu->Clone Multiple. Clones a Segment multiple times, using objects from the scene as source.
- Improved detection of hotspot for node wiring.
- Style Editor can be placed at left side on multi-monitor configurations.
- Randomize->Presence and Sequence->Counter parameters are available for exporting
- Auto rename of Parameters and Base Objects on wiring.
- Added result of Arithmetic->Expression on edit dialog.
- Wires can be dragged directly over a node, connecting them to a default slot depending of the wire’s type.
- Dragging between nodes outputs swaps their links.
- All nodes include an On/Off exportable parameter. This parameter is independent of the clickable On/Off state.
- All boolean parameter are available for exporting.
- Clipboard file (rcclip.dat) is stored in a temporary folder.
- Fixed: nodes with multiple inputs were keeping empty slots after links deletion.
- Fix: added creation context menu for wires dragged from Clipping Area slots.
The following styles has been completely redone, using the new RailClone features and improved materials
- Civil Engineering->Pavements->Curbs
- Civil Engineering->Pavements->Sidewalk
See release notes for the full list.
What’s New in RailClone 2.3.4
- Fixed: Y counter is not computed correctly when using clipping areas.
- Fixed random crash with points-cloud mode in Max 2015.
RailClone Pro is compatible with 3ds Max 2012 to 2020 with native support for the following render engines. It can also be used with other renderers via RailClone Tools or with the instancing engine disabled. Feature support varies for some renderers, for a full list please see this article.
RailClone supports native instancing in the renderers and versions listed below
- V-Ray and V-Ray RT all branches including V-Ray 1.5 (sp3 or above), 2.5, 3.3, 3.6 and 3.7
- Thea Render 1.3 and onwards.
- Corona Renderer 1.x and onwards.
- Moskito Render.
Note: Mental Ray is not supported for this version.
Due to technical limitations, feature support varies between renderers. Click here to view the compatibility chart.
For unsupported renderers it is still possible to use RailClone using RailClone Tools to convert the objects to standard Max instances.
Each purchase of RailClone Pro gives you access to a single license for creating and editing RailClone Objects, the full library contents, and free unlimited render nodes. For the duration of your maintenance subscription you are also entitled to premium technical support and upgrades.
The versions released during your subscription are yours to keep forever. If you like to stay up to date with the most recent versions of RailClone we recommend you should stay on the maintenance plan, however there are no penalties for allowing it to lapse. If you want to skip some versions, it’s no problem and you can jump back on at any time and download the most recent software paying only for another year of maintenance.
- Added support for V-Ray 3.7.
- Fixed: A2S Generator ignores the parameters of the Spline Object (such as Steps/Optimize…)
- Added support for 3DS Max 2020.
- Fixed: Shortcuts and Toolbars using RailClone actions are not initialized at startup.
New Features and Improvements
- Added support for V-Ray Next
- Added Support for 3ds Max 2019
- Added Support for Arnold 5.1 and above
Includes RailClone Colour support
- Updated library with Arnold materials
- Added Supermarket products to the free library. Include 10 new presets, each with multiple product variations.
- Bevels now can be used with Count mode
- Bevels now can be used with Adaptive mode.
- “Bevel Mode” and “Bevel Offset” have no effect. In all cases is used the same type of bevel with offset 0.
- Added “Sync between Generators” to “Random” node. It lets to generate same random values for all Generators.
- Added UVW XForm->”Rotate about Center”.
- It has no effect with Segment’s mapping.
- To make it work identically to the UVW XForm Max modifier, now Scale is applied after Rotation (previously Scale was applied before Rotation).
- Added improvements to Update Manager.
- Update manager can be configured to check if a library has already been downloaded to a network locations. This can save multi-user offices from having to download the same content multiple times.
- iToo Toolbars (both Forest and RailClone) can be disabled adding the following registry key:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Itoo Software\DisableToolbars = 1 (DWORD)
- Modifiers in RailClone objects are used on nested objects.
- Only if Segment->Nest is not enabled in the outer object. This mode is not compatible with modifiers.
- Added “SubSplineCounter” to expressions.
- Index of sub-spline when using compound X splines. Valid both for array and linear generators. Starts in 0.
- Several array inputs have been renamed, to more understable names according its operation.
- Left Side -> Start, Right Side -> End, Top Side -> Top, Bottom Side -> Bottom, Inner Corner -> X Corner, LT Corner -> Start Top, RT Corner -> End Top, LB Corner -> Start Bottom, RB Corner -> End Bottom
- For “Style->Free Object” the full spline’s transformation is ignored (Position/Rotate/Scale), not only Position as before.
- This fixes a problem with XRef scenes binded to a rotated object.
- Existing scenes may be affected if were using the Rotation or Scale of the spline. This can be fixed re-aligning the RC object with the spline (ie. using Alt+A) for rotation, and applying a Reset XForm to the spline, for scale.
- Added warning when using Point-cloud mode with nested RC objects.
- Fixed: Bevel Extend and Symmetric options are swapped.
- Fixed: When Evenly->Mode parameter is exported, modifies value of Clipping->Mode.
- To fix it on existing styles it’s necessary to recreate the Generator.
- Fixed: Evenly mode generates extra segments on closed splines.
- Fixed: unable to export parameters with same name.
- Fixed: Update Manager doesn’t close properly when launched on silently mode.
- Fixed: Display->”Use Instance Engine” has no effect in Arnold (always is on).
- Fixed rare crash in Expression Editor with some operations (i.e. using Undo when focus is on viewport).
- Fixed issue when Evenly distance is lower than the Evenly Segment size.
- Fixed: Sequence and Material->Sequence operators start with 2 same segments.
- Fixed: animated Clipping splines are not updated correctly.
- Fixed: Style Editor is not closed automatically when RC object is deselected, if an expression is being edited.
- Fixed bugs with No-Bend segments and Y Splines in Arrays.
- Fixed issues with auto alignment to X->XY.
- Fixed crash using Numeric nodes copied from a macro in the main style.
- Numeric nodes of main and macro styles are not interchangeable. Now RC blocks this possibility in copy-paste operations.
- Fixed: Input macro nodes of different types can be rewired.
- Fixed: Macro outputs cannot be rewired with a node of same type.
- Main configuration of the plugin can be defined using environment variables:
- Each registry key used in the configuration may be replaced by a variable, replacing non alphanumeric characters by ‘_’.
For example: for “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Itoo Software\RailClone Pro\MainDir”, you must define the variable “ITOO_SOFTWARE_RAILCLONE_PRO_MAINDIR”
- The minimum variables to run RailClone Pro are the following:
For Network licenses: ITOO_SOFTWARE_RAILCLONE_PRO_MAINDIR=C:\Program Files (x86)\Itoo Software\RailClone Pro
For Stand-alone licenses:
ITOO_SOFTWARE_RAILCLONE_PRO_MAINDIR=C:\Program Files (x86)\Itoo Software\RailClone Pro
- If you define the variables in a .BAT file, be sure to not include any space at both sides of the ‘=’ symbol, or it will not work (this is a known Windows issue).
- Environment variables are used only by the Max plugin. Other tools as the License Manager requires configuration registry keys stll.
- If both registry keys and environment variables are defined, the variables have precedence over keys (priority order is Variables->HKLM->HKCU).
- Fixed problems with Adaptive mode.
- Fixed precision error when segment ends just at the spline’s limit.
- Fixed crash in Style Editor dragging a Macro category (not a macro) from the Macros tree.
- Fixed Style->Geometry->Vertex Weld, which was broken in latest release.
- Fixed: in Point-cloud mode, Z-Offset is applied twice for segments with Bend off.
- Fixed bug computing Corner on first vertex of closed splines.
- Fixed resizing Note nodes when Style Editor is zoomed.
- Fixed “Simple Y Offset mode” with collinear vertices.
- Fixed bug when using “Extend X/Z Size to Area” and “X–>XY” mode with splines coplanar to XY.