Add a 24p film look to your video footage
Start with ordinary interlaced video, apply Magic Bullet Frames’ sophisticated algorithms, and you’ll get the smoother, professional de-interlaced look of 24p film.
Start with ordinary interlaced video, and apply Red Giant Frames’ sophisticated algorithms. You will instantly get the smooth, deinterlaced look of 24p film that is artifact-free. Choose between field-blended and motion-adaptive approaches to frame interpolation, along with helpful features like letterboxing and broadcast-safe color check. With the six tools in Frames, you get a true 24p conversion from NTSC, PAL or HD interlaced formats — with high quality results inside your favorite editing timelines.
- Always up-to-date. From Creative Cloud to Final Cut Pro, support for host applications is consistently updated, so you have flexibility in your production environment.
- Improved performance. New 64-bit compatibility gives significant performance gains. Speed and quality — what more can you ask for?
Reasons To Buy
- Work in your editor. NTSC to 24p provides easy film-rate conversion, right in your editing timeline. Spend less time transfering your footage between applications.
- Deinterlacing control. The frame interpolation is smart and smooth, creating new pixels with a sophisticated conversion, but without a long render process.
- Deartifacting repair. Get a high quality frame interpolation, while keeping out color imperfections and compression artifacts.
- Render any aspect ratio. Integrated letterboxing makes 16:9 output, or any other aspect ratio, easy to output.
Filters and Controls
The NTSC-to-24p and De-interlacing filters offer both a field-blended and a motion-adaptive de-interlacing approach that deliver great artifact-free video. Included in the filters are letterboxing and line offset controls to easily create mattes and adjust the image inside the letterbox area.
Fast Quality Conversion
Spend less time rendering. We created two new conversion algorithms: field blending for speed, and a new motion-adaptive algorithm that uses edge line adaptive de-interlacing to intelligently smooth the edges of moving areas in the final frame. Both of these approaches render much faster than previous versions. Speed and quality — what more could you ask for?
Get true 24p conversion in every host editor from interlaced material (including NTSC, PAL, and HD interlaced formats) in Final Cut Pro, Premiere Pro, After Effects, and Apple Motion. The new filters supports greater than 8-bit per channel processing in all hosts. The new package will include Intel Mac support for updated applications.
Field blending or motion adaptive
Convert video to 24p with one of two conversion methods. Use a fast field-blending algorithm for quick results, or use a high quality motion-adaptive algorithm for intelligent smoothing.
Deinterlacing for smooth interpolation
Frames looks for interlacing artifacts that are easy to spot by eye, but hard to isolate with a computer algorithm. Then it creates new pixels based on pattern matching, so the frame interpolation keeps smooth contours and clean diagonals.
Deartifacting to remove artifacts
The Deartifacting controls remove compression artifacts quickly and easily, and repairs lost color information in DV and HDV footage. Now you can remove subtle imperfections in digital video that could be big problems on the big screen.
Create broadcast safe values
The Broadcast Spec plug-in makes sure color and luminance values are “broadcast safe.” This effect concentrates on getting the chroma signal correct, so you can render out broadcast-ready files.
Letterboxing for any width
The Letterboxer plug-in crops your final output to any aspect ratio, and ships with popular ratio presets like 16:9, 4:3 and 1.66:1. The boundary between the letterbox “bars” and the image is always clean and sharp.
Opticals for fade and burn
With an elegant film-like quality, the Opticals plug-in creates cross-dissolves, fades to black, or burns to white. Choose your A and B sources, set the Fade or Burn, and let Opticals dissolve its magic.
Any format, in any host
Get true 24p conversion from any interlaced material, including NTSC, PAL and HD formats. Do it at greater than 8-bit per channel in your host editor of choice: After Effects, Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro and Motion.
Supports legacy AE projects
The Frames Plus plug-in is our original “Magic Bullet” plug-in, released in 2002. If you have a legacy After Effects project that uses “Magic Bullet,” then Frames Plus will still support that 24p conversion. (After Effects only)
- Windows 7 or higher, 64-bit
- Adobe After Effects CC 2018, CC 2017, CC 2015.3, CC 2015, CC 2014, CC, CS6
- Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2018, CC 2017, CC 2015.3, CC 2015, CC 2014, CC, CS6
Red Giant Shooter Frames v1.1.11
- Fixes issue with Auto Setup button
Burning Question: How Do I Quickly Give My Project a Letterbox Look?
“I like the look of letterbox and would like to add it to my video to give it a film look. What are some easy ways to do this and do it right?” This article first came out in 2015 and has been fully updated with new tools, new freebies, and tutorials, as well as a few great videos on aspect ratio and getting your letterbox right.More...