Ray Dynamic Texture is your solution to tedious texture work.
Ray Dynamic Texture is your solution to tedious texture work. This tool conveniently stores textures, including their layer settings, applied effects, keyframes, expressions and layer styles. It’s simplicity is key: After you’ve set it up you can apply it directly as a texture to any selected layer. In addition to this, the tool can store your most used Effects, Shapes and Expressions—all with one click.
Store textures in a library “palette” including their layer settings.
Apply textures to selected layers, Alpha Matte and Luma supported.
Makes the Set Matte Effect usable to texture with.
Texture Multiple objects at once.
Build your own texture palettes.
Add textures, effects, shapes and expressions from timeline to palette.
Shift + Click the Texture Swatch to parent the texture to selected layer.
Alt + Click the Texture Swatch to replace selected layer for different texture.
Alt + Shift + Click the Texture Swatch to remove swatch from palette.
Alt + Click on Alpha Mode Button to invert the Track Matte.
Custom values in effects are currently not supported. Some examples of custom values are: Histogram in Levels, Curves Graph, Hue Saturation Channel Range and Particular Size over Life. All other values in the effects are supported. We are working to find a workaround for this limitation.
What happens if I send my project to someone who doesn’t have Ray installed?
That’s fine, everything will still work. Ray Dynamic Texture just helps you set up your textures using After Effects.
Can I use Ray on existing projects?
For sure! You can start creating a texture palette out of the existing textures, effects, shapes and expressions. Then you can apply those quickly in your project using the buttons.
How do I collaborate with people on the same project using the same textures?
You can share the same texture palette that you are using. Save it in a separate AE project and then share it with the people on your team.
After Effects 2020, CC 2019, CC 2018, CC 2017, CC 2015.3, CC 2015, CC 2014, CC, CS6
1.5.7 (Current version) – Aug 4, 2020
– Fixed ‘unable to execute script’ error on some windows systems
1.5.6 – Nov 22, 2019
– Updated license framework
1.5.5 – Dec 7, 2018
– Fixed effect reference to make it compatible with new expressions engine in CC2019
1.5.4 – Jun 15, 2018
– Updated label color prefs detection for non-english systems
1.5.3 – Apr 13, 2018
– Licensing update
1.5.2 – Mar 8, 2018
– Fixed selection issue with texture comps nested inside folders. Thanks Adam M for reporting this!
1.5.1 – Nov 28, 2017
– Fixed “text.replace function is undefined” error
1.5 – Nov 25, 2017
– Updated UI: New loading bar and making it more clear what buttons can be can be used with different settings.
– Improved refreshing palettes, Ray will aim to remember last palette used.
– Ability to turn ON / OFF error messages in the settings.
– Better default names for palettes.
– Swap button can now swap any two color properties you select in the timeline. (excluding properties with keyframes)
– Clone button integration with Kbar tool.
This link is being provided as a convenience and for informational purposes only; it does not constitute an endorsement or an approval by Toolfarm.com of any of the products, services or opinions of the corporation or organization or individual. Toolfarm.com bears no responsibility for the accuracy, legality or content of the external site or for that of subsequent links. Contact the external site for answers to questions regarding its content.