v5.0.4 Sitni Sati FumeFX for Maya
Upgrade From $295.00
Download demos and trial versions, product documentation, free presets and more.
You may download a free Demo after logging in.
A powerful fluid dynamics plugin designed for simulation and rendering of realistic explosions, fire, smoke and other gaseous phenomena
Sitni Sati FumeFX for Maya is unrivaled in its ability to capture the subtlety and complexity of fluid gas behavior it is favored among visual effects artists, game developers, visualization professionals and everyone else who demand the utmost in realism.
FumeFX’s speed, usability, and quality made it our tool of choice while working on “Thor”. Its cross-platform API allowed us to create a suite of tools to visualize and render our simulations within Maya. This flexibility allowed us to utilize our existing lighting pipeline while integrating FumeFX into our studio. We continue to collaborate with Sitni Sati to expand on our initial FumeFX in Maya success and look forward to using it on future shows.
Richard Sutherland, CG Supervisor, Luma Pictures
Sitni Sati FumeFX for Maya 5.0 new features
The latest incarnation of FumeFX offers the artist with a unique set of tools that will free the creative mind and minimize tedious tasks even further than before. As a result of the FumeFX core rewrite, a wide range of irregular objects can be used for simulation without the fear of solver instabilities. The newly implemented conservative advection, GPU accelerated Maya viewport, faster simulations, .fxd multithreaded lossy compression are just some of the new features found inside FumeFX 5.0. Visit our Blog to read the complete list of new features.
FumeFX feature film and games reel
Video clips are courtesy of Blur Studio, Iloura, Hydraulx, Luma Pictures, Mr. X, Pixomondo, Mr. Ruairi Robinson and Uncharted Territory.
The FumeFX user interface is tightly integrated within Maya attribute editor and combines all the major fluid simulation components making the simulation setup easy and efficient. It allows the user to change parameters during the simulation with instant feedback within the GPU accelerated Maya Viewport 2.0.
Sitni Sati FumeFX for Maya Interface
The FumeFX interface integrates simulation, rendering, viewport and GPU viewport parameters in one place. It provides quick and easy navigation through simulation caches and offers intuitive control of simulation parameters.
Sitni Sati FumeFX for Maya GPU Viewport
The GPU accelerated viewport produces render-comparable images to give instant feedback on the appearance and behavior of the simulation. Among many advantages, it supports viewport .png export during the simulation.
* supported on Maya 2015ext1 and newer
Sitni Sati FumeFX for Maya Network
In order to boost productivity, FumeFX can utilize BackBurner, Deadline, or remote desktop applications to run simulation tasks on another computer with FumeFX or FumeFX SL installed.
Sitni Sati FumeFX for Maya Simulation
The FumeFX simulation core has been constantly improved and refined to deliver a high level of realism with minimal simulation times. With over 12 years of successful usage in film production, video games, the advertisement industry and other areas that require realistic fire and smoke have helped in shaping the fluid simulation package that users can rely on. Whether making a candle dancing on the wind or destroying a whole city block in 2012 movie style, FumeFX can help you deliver the shot on time and within budget.
The QCG solver in FumeFX is optimized for speed and robustness. It will deliver even the most demanding simulation tasks with the aid of highly parallelized code.
Combustion with Oxygen
The Fire model within FumeFX adds Oxygen to the equation. This new component brings forth various new ways to creatively control the burn process.
With the addition of various vorticity models, you can now choose from visually different curl types, giving your FumeFX simulations a more unique look and feel.
It is a great time-saving solution. This allows the user to simulate multiple overlapping grids simultaneously while all fields propagate between the overlapping grid boundaries automatically.
It’s never been easier to add more detail to an existing FumeFX simulation. It is a fast, memory efficient and predictable way to increase grid resolution and refine explosions, fire or smoke.
Different FumeFX-based operators provide ultimate particle control.
When it comes to flexibility FumeFX has no rivals. Its tools offer user control over almost every simulation parameter where changes are based on the grid data. It is even possible to use deformers to fine tune the shape of the volumetric effect – making a tornado has never been easier.
Whether you want to create a special effect or need to tweak a final animation, with Render Warps there are many more possibilities. With just a few mouse clicks users can warp their cached simulation and watch the resulting deformation directly inside the Maya Viewport or in rendered images.
Gain creative control over almost every simulation parameter and field. With Effectors, it is simple to control vorticity by velocity or to generate smoke based on any other channel value. Effectors take channel data to the next step.
The Post Processing lets you retime caches, bake Render Warps, convert between various formats, or improve cache fetch and save disk space by excluding channels that are no longer needed in your workflow.
64 bit Maya 2015 ext1 and newer for Windows, Mac, and Linux.
Released July 22, 2019
Sitni Sati releases FumeFX™ 5.0.4 update for Autodesk® 3ds Max®. In addition to bug fixes, this update includes GPU Viewport support for 3ds Max 2020.1 detachable viewports that allows artists to use the detached view as they were using the old FumeFX preview window. FumeFX 5.0.4 adds more controls and updated preview for Turbulence Noise as well as new Affect Velocity Magnitude Mode. Another great addition is the Parameter Check dialog that allows users to quickly determine which simulation parameters were changed from their default values.
- Added compatibility with 3ds max 2020.1 undockable viewport. You can now use it in the same fashion as the old FumeFX Preview Window.
- Fixed when GPU viewport is in maximized ortho/persp/cam view and then changed to another persp/cam view it will stop displaying.
- Fixed FumeFX Wind display bug with Spherical type and Linear falloff.
- Fixed VRay lights that didn’t work inside the GPU Viewport.
- Added Turbulence Noise rasterized view.
- Changed Turbulence noise parameter Offset renamed to Time Offset.
- Changed Simulation rollout layout.
- Changed FumeFX Wind Scale parameter is now in world units like it is for the Turbulence Noise inside the FumeFX dialog.
- Added FumeFX Wind to the list of objects to create from obj/sources dialog.
- Added Parameter Check option to the FumeFX menu.
- Fixed tyFlow particle velocities that were too large.
- Added Affect Velocity Magnitude Mode to Turbulence Noise.
- Added Small Detail Scale parameter to Turbulence Noise.
- Added Small Detail Amount parameter to Turbulence Noise.
- Added Small Detail Scale parameter to FumeFX Wind.
- Added Small Detail Amount parameter to FumeFX Wind.
- Added noise preview to FumeFX Wind.
FumeFX 5.0.4 Velocity Magnitude Mode
- FumeFX 5.0.4 is built with Arnold® 188.8.131.52.
- Fixed not working Falloff with Arnold® render.
- Fixed FumeFX for 3ds max 2020 that didn’t show FumeFX and FusionWorks Render Elements.
- Up to 30% faster simulations.
- Speed improvements for the QCG solver. It is now able to use near 100% CPU even on machines with 20+ cores.
- Improved simulation consistency with various CPU thread counts.
- Improved simulation scaling. Grids of different spacing will result in similar simulations.
- Improved collision objects.
- Improved emissions from object sources.
- Support for nParticles with FumeFX Particle Emitter.
- Vorticity II optimizations include faster calculations and lower memory requirements.
- New conservative advection.
- Smooth retiming regardless of simulation sub-steps and retiming scale factor.
- Ability to retime simulation during the Wavelet Turbulence pass.
- Added OpenVDB support for Wavelet Turbulence simulation.
- User interface improvements.
- The updated FumeFX shelf provides access to FumeFX and source creation as well as simulation control.
- FumeFX GPU (Maya 2015ext1 and newer) accelerated display has been integrated within the Maya Viewport 2.0.
- Updated viewport display of voxel data.
- Per channel lossy fxd I/O.
- Multithreaded fxd compression.
- Minimized grid size at save
- smaller caches.
- Option to load caches at reduced detail.
- Various OpenVDB caches optimizations and fixes.
- New FumeFX
- Arnold shader that supports Arnold’s Standard Volume shader.
- Added Standard Shader support for Arnold AOV’s depth, motion vector, and normals.
- Ability to use larger advection stride.
- Fixed color channel bleeding during the simulation.
- Fixed Deferred caches so they wait for large caches to be completely written to disk
New in v4.1 Update
- New support for Mac OSX
What’s new in version 4.0?
- New, faster solver.
- New vorticity type.
- Sharpening of various channels during the simulation.
- New burning model with oxygen.
- Wavelet or Post simulation to be able to wait for caches (DC-deferred caches option).
- Infinite nesting of N-Sim grids.
- Faster cache pre-processing at render time.
- Email notifications.
- Spline Follow force.
- Faster application of objects and sources.
- Defector objects voxelization resolution and minimal voxelization.
- OpenVDB support.
- Effector has an option to use a 3D Texmap for input.
- Field3D and OpenVDB importer allows for channels assignment.
- PRT|PDC particle system.
- Direct picking of ParticleFlow events.
- ParticleFlow float and vector channel access.
- Motion blur rendering support.
- Black-body shader.
- Support for VRay’s deep data.
- Sharpening of fire and smoke at render time.
- Faster mental ray shader Illumination Map computation
- Faster rendering preprocessing.
- Recently used caches list.
- Quick path/filename versioning.
- Cache files delete.
- Read-only mode so that user can’t overwrite caches by an accident.
- CPU Preview Window can have shadows as well.
- Shadows inside the Maya viewport.
- Preview Window exact window size.
- Support for 64-bit Windows only.
Sitni Sati FumeFX Billowing Smoke and Fire
Learn how to setup a realistic billowing smoke in FumeFX. This is the type of billowing smoke that can be used for effects like pyroclastic clouds.More...
FumeFX Pyro Explosion Shader
Carlos Parmentier has a nice tutorial on using the Pyro explosion shader in FumeFX to get exactly the look you want.More...