Sale: Special pricing. Limited time offer
Modeled after the EMI TG12410 Transfer Console used in all Abbey Road's mastering suites since the early '70s
A modular mastering chain plugin modeled after the EMI TG12410 Transfer Console used in all Abbey Road’s mastering suites since the early ’70s to this day. Use the Abbey Road TG Mastering Chain to create custom processing chains with a flexible flow and the TG magic on the master bus, or on individual tracks/groups in a mixing session.
The distinct solid-state transistor-based sound of the TG12410 has proven itself time and again over many decades. Use TG Mastering Chain for mastering as a complete console, or for mixing with only select modules. The TG brings nothing less than magic, chiefly, the same magic heard on albums like Pink Floyd’s The Dark Side of the Moon, Nirvana’s In Utero, Radiohead’s OK Computer and Ed Sheeran’s “+”. Thanks to this Waves/Abbey Road collaboration, the TG12410 is available outside of Abbey Road Studios and you can now bring the very same magic to your own productions.
TG Mastering Chain Modules
Just like the original console, the TG Mastering Chain plugin combines the following modules (or cassettes):
- TG12411 Input Module
- TG12412 Tone Module (EQ)
- TG12413 Compressor/Limiter Module
- TG12414 Filter Module
- TG12416 V.A.L (Spread) Module (stereo component only) incorporated into the Output Module.
Interchangable modules (except for input/output modules). These can be switched on/off to allow for a flexible processing flow and creating custom chains. Individual modules can be used on different tracks and group buses in a mixing session, as well as on the master bus in mastering sessions.
The compressor/limiter module offers two flavors — Original and Modern — and is coupled with 48 dB/Oct linear-phase sidechain filters to help you take complete control over your sound.
- Original — aggressive and “dirty” just like the ’70s and exactly how we modeled it.
- Modern — an original Waves and Abbey Road design based on the TG topology, that will help you get pristine sound with higher levels of perceived loudness.
Alongside the TG Mastering Chain is the Meter Bridge component (separate plugin), offering a new approach to metering. Open one Meter Bridge component on any channel and get access (via drop-down) to all Abbey Road TG Mastering Chain instances in the session. Get a clear reading of VU, PPM, Phase and Peak at a glance, and stay focused on the music.
With different processing modes (Stereo/Duo/MS) and monitoring modes (Stereo/Mono/L/R/M/S), the Abbey Road TG Mastering Chain plugin is truly a powerful tool. Use it in the studio or for live sound with a dedicated Live component.
Waves Abbey Road TG Mastering Chain Highlights
- Integral part of the Abbey Road sound since the early 1970s to the present day
- 5 modules (can be used independently)
- Use in mastering or in mixing sessions
- 48 dB/Oct linear-phase sidechain filters
- Meter Bridge component provides a new approach to metering
- More than just the original sound (with a new compressor design, SC filters and the meter bridge)
- Stereo/Duo/MS processing modes
- Stereo/Mono/L/R/M/S monitoring modes
- Live component
In addition, find Waves Abbey Road TG Mastering Chain in Waves Abbey Road Collection.
Abbey Road Studios, EMI, TG and their associated logos are trademarks of EMI (IP) Limited.