Sale: Special pricing. Limited time offer
For mixing, mastering, and more
The L2’s legendary combination of look-ahead brickwall peak limiting, level maximization, and ultra high resolution give you the power and extra gain you need with crystal-clear results every single time.
- Peak limiter / level maximizer plugin
- IDR Increased Digital Resolution with double precision bit re-quantization and dither with 9th-order noise shaping filter
- Manual and ARC Automatic Release Control
User Guide (pops)
Waves v11 System Requirements
Intel Core i5 / i7 / Xeon
Intel Core i5 / i7 / Xeon / AMD Quad-Core
8 GB RAM
8 GB free disk space on the system drive
8 GB RAM
8 GB free disk space on the system drive
10.12.6 - 10.15
Windows 10 64 bit
Recommended: 1280x1024 / 1600x1024
USB displays are not supported as the primary display.
Recommended: 1280x1024 / 1600x1024
Exceptions & Notes:
- Nx and Abbey Road Studio 3: Head tracking with the camera is not working on macOS 10.15 Catalina.
- Screen Resolution: SSL E-Channel, SSL G-Channel, Element, Codex, Dorrough, Flow Motion, Bass Slapper and Bass Fingers require minimum screen resolution 1280x1024 / 1600x1024. Recommended screen resolution for Flow Motion, Bass Slapper and Bass Fingers: 1920x1080.
- Waves Instruments: Additional disk space may be required for sample libraries. Specific information is available on each instrument’s page.
- Memory: Grand Rhapsody’s & Bass Finger’s minimal Memory (Ram) required is 16 GB (and not 8GB, as generally described for all plugins). [Mac & Windows].
Waves 11 Supported Hosts
|Pro Tools 2018, 2019 (AAX Native, Audiosuite)||Pro Tools 2018, 2019 (AAX Native, Audiosuite)
|Ableton Live 10.1 (VST / VST3)|
|Ableton Live 10.1 (VST / VST3)
|Audition 12 (VST3)|
|Audition 12 (VST3)
|Bitwig Studio 3 (VST3)|
|Bitwig Studio 3 (VST3)
|Cakewalk by BandLab 2019 (VST3)|
|Cakewalk by BandLab 2019 (VST3)
|Cubase 10 (VST3)|
|Cubase 10 (VST3)
|Digital Performer 10 (Audio Units)|
|Final Cut Pro X (Audio Units)|
|FL Studio 20 (VST3)|
|FL Studio 20 (VST3)
|Garage Band 10 (Audio Units)|
|Komplete Kontrol 2 (VST)|
|Komplete Kontrol 2 (VST)
|Logic Pro X (Audio Units)|
|Nuendo 10 (VST3)|
|Nuendo 10 (VST3)
|Premiere Pro 13 (VST3)|
|Premiere Pro 13 (VST3)
|Maschine 2 (VST)|
|Maschine 2 (VST)
|Main Stage 3 (Audio Units)|
|Samplitude Pro X4 (VST3)
|Media Composer 2019 (AAX Native)||Media Composer 2019 (AAX Native)
|Pyramix 11 (VST
|REAPER 5 (VST3)|
|REAPER 5 (VST3)
|Reason 11 (VST)|
|Reason 11 (VST)
|Sequoia 14 (VST3)
|Studio One Professional 4 (VST3)|
|Studio One Professional 4 (VST3)
|WaveLab 9.5 (VST3)|
|WaveLab 9.5 (VST3)
Exceptions & Notes:
- V11 supports 64-bit only.
- MIDI Support: The following hosts do not offer MIDI support: WaveLab, Main Stage, Pyramix, Garage Band, Premiere, and Audition.
- Mono to Stereo components are not supported in Cakewalk by BandLab and Wavelab.
- Sidechaining is supported on the following hosts: Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Nuendo, Cubase, Cakewalk by BandLab, Audition, Ableton Live, FL Studio, REAPER, Bitwig Studio and Studio One.
- Surround plugins are supported on the following hosts: Pro Tools HD, Logic Pro, Digital Performer, Nuendo, Cubase, Audition, Premiere, REAPER, and Pyramix.
- Maschine & Komplete Kontrol: see over 110 NKS-ready effects & instruments.
- Codex & Element are supported on the following hosts: Pro Tools (AAX Native), Logic Pro, Ableton Live, Digital Performer, Nuendo, Cubase, Main Stage, Studio One, Cakewalk by BandLab, Reason, Samplitude (VSTi), Sequoia (VSTi), FL Studio, REAPER, Maschine and Komplete Kontrol.
- CLA MixHub and Scheps Omni Channel The insert slot is not supported under Bitwig Studio.
- DTS Neural Surround plugins are supported on the following hosts: Pro Tools HD, Logic Pro (7.1 surround not supported), Nuendo, Cubase (7.1 surround not supported), Audition, Premiere, and REAPER. 7.1 SDDS/Film is not supported in all DAWs.
- eMo Generator: When using eMo Generator in Logic or Digital Performer, make sure to enable the input monitor on the channel where the plugin is inserted.
- DeBreath is not supported on Main Stage.
- Dorrough Stereo: Only the vertical version of Dorrough Stereo is available in MultiRack, SoundGrid Studio and StudioRack.
- Dorrough Surround: Only the vertical version of Dorrough Surround is available in MultiRack.
- Grand Rhapsody Piano, Electric 200 Piano, Electric 88 Piano, Electric Grand 80 Piano, Clavinet and Bass Slapper are supported on the following hosts: Pro Tools (AAX Native), Logic Pro, Ableton Live, Digital Performer, Nuendo, Cubase, Main Stage, Studio One, Cakewalk by BandLab, Reason, Samplitude (VSTi), Sequoia (VSTi), FL Studio, REAPER, Garage Band (on i7), Maschine and Komplete Kontrol.
- InPhase & InPhase LT: Sidechain not supported on Logic.
- NLS is not supported on Final Cut Pro X.
- Nx Virtual Mix Room: Surround is supported on Pro Tools (HD required), Logic Pro, Cubase, Nuendo, Digital Performer and REAPER. Surround is not supported on Ableton Live, GarageBand, Main Stage, Studio One, Samplitude, Sequoia and Cakewalk by BandLab.
- Q-Clone is not supported on the following hosts: Main Stage, Garage Band, Media Composer, FL Studio. Q-Capture component not supported on Main Stage.
- Reel ADT on Windows does not support sync-to-temp on WaveLab.
SoundShifter: On Pro Tools, SoundShifter Graphic & Parametric support AudioSuite only. On all other hosts, only SoundShifter Pitch is supported.
- UM225 & UM226 are supported on the following hosts: Pro Tools HD, Nuendo, Cubase, Audition, Premiere, REAPER, and Pyramix. UM226 is also supported on Logic Pro and Digital Performer.
- Waves Tune & Tune LT are fully supported on the following hosts: Pro Tools (AAX Native 64-bit & Audiosuite only), Logic Pro, Nuendo, Cubase, Digital Performer, Studio One, REAPER, Ableton Live (Arrangement view only. Session view not supported). Waves Tune & Tune LT is also supported on the following hosts, but without ReWire support: Audition, Reason, Bitwig Studio.
- X-FDBK is not supported on Final Cut, Media Composer, Adobe Premiere and Pro Tools Audiosuite on Mac.
In addition, it is not supported on Media Composer, Adobe Premiere and Pro Tools Audiosuite on Windows.
- B360 Ambisonics Encoder – 5.1 to 4.0 and 7.1 to 4.0 are not supported by Logic Pro X.
What’s New in v11
Released Oct 28th, 2019
All Waves plugins: Across-the-board software update to version 11.
- Redesigned interfaces for all eight Renaissance plugins:
- Users can now switch between three skins for each Renaissance plugin: Two new skins – Light and Dark – in addition to the existing Legacy skin.
- Real-time frequency analyzer added to the Renaissance EQ and Renaissance Channel plugins.
- Renaissance Channel interface completely revised and streamlined based on user feedback, making R-Channel more intuitive and easy to use.
- Added: Over 700 presets by leading producers & engineers added to the Renaissance plugins.
- Plugins added to premium bundles:
- OneKnob Pumper, MetaFilter, and Greg Wells ToneCentric added to Platinum.
- OneKnob Pumper, MetaFilter, Greg Wells ToneCentric and Cobalt Saphira added to Diamond.
- OneKnob Pumper, MetaFilter, Greg Wells ToneCentric and WLM Plus Loudness Meter added to Horizon.
- Infected Mushroom Pusher added to Mercury, Pro Show and SD7 Pro Show.
- Added: NKS support for over 40 additional plugins.
- Added: EQ Curve support on Pro Tools and Avid S6 for the following plugins: AudioTrack, eMo F2, eMo Q4, F6, GEQ, H-EQ, LinEQ, Q10, RenEQ, RenChannel, RS56
- Added: “Set as default preset” to all plugins.
- Added: Over 700 presets by leading producers & engineers added to multiple plugins.
- Improved: Loading time of several plugins.
- Improved: Smoother plugin controls movement with the mouse.
- Improved: Responsiveness of moving controls with the mouse wheel on Windows.
- Improved: Peak reading accuracy in Pro Tools under AudioSuite.
- Improved: Added “Skip All” to unlicensed plugin message in Logic Pro.
- Improved: Plugins with skins will open with the last used skin.
- Fixed: Cubase 10 freeze during launch when Waves plugins have no licenses.
- Fixed: Sample-based instruments crash Logic Pro when changing the sample rate after freezing a track.
- Fixed: Waves instrument applications crash when trying to open them without a license.
- Fixed: Master Bypass is missing from the Pro Tools automation window.
- Fixed: Removed the bypass button for all Waves instruments in Pro Tools.
- Fixed: MIDI Program change in VST3.
- Fixed: Abbey Road Chambers may crash Logic Pro in a session with some Eventide plugins.
- Fixed: Abbey Road TG Meter Bridge input meters do not respond to input gain changes.
- Fixed: Corrupted sound processing when moving Brauer Motion between channels in Pro Tools.
- Fixed: Multi-selecting all Threshold controls in C4 and C6 is not possible.
- Fixed: Trans-X output level is not saved in the session when inserted into CLA MixHub in Cubase and Studio One.
- Fixed: CLA MixHub modules On/Off are missing in Pro Tools automation window.
- Fixed: Selected wavetable is not indicated correctly in Codex.
- Fixed: Flow Motion crash when clicking undo/redo after switching Setup A/B.
- Fixed: Right channel was delayed in Greg Wells VoiceCentric mono to stereo when bypassed.
- Fixed: H-Reverb X-Time control movement is inverted in reverse mode.
- Fixed: Nx head tracker application wrongly reopens after removing the Nx plugin.
- Fixed: Abbey Road Studio 3 Head Tracking and Head Modeling menus do not open using a touch screen.
- Fixed: OneKnob Driver wrong delay compensation.
- Fixed: OneKnob Driver stereo component flips the audio signal’s phase.
- Fixed: Impossible to control PRS SuperModels with the mouse after opening menus using touch.
- Fixed: Crash when loading some Scheps Omni Channel stereo presets in Ableton Live VST3.
- Fixed: Scheps Omni Channel automation and solo functionality issues.
- Fixed: PuigChild compressor settings are not saved in sessions when inserted into Scheps Omni Channel.
- Fixed: TRACT IIR on/off controls don’t work until an EQ parameter is changed.
- Fixed: TRACT IIR filter mouse movement in sub zoom mode is too fast and hard to control.
- Fixed: Waves Tune preset loading issues.
- Fixed: Waves Tune Real-Time is under the Effects instead of Pitch Shift category in Adobe Audition.
- Fixed: V-EQ4 graphic issues when inserted in Scheps Omni Channel or CLA MixHub.
- Various other fixes and improvements.
Waves Central 11.0.40: Support for installing version 11.
November 4, 2018 Changes to V10
- Improved: Overall GUI responsiveness of all plugins.
- Added: “Netflix 2018” preset to WLM and WLM Plus.
- Added: F6 global control mapping to Avid S3.
- Fixed: F6 RTA default setting load.
- Fixed: Abbey Road TG Mastering Chain Load/Save preset menus in MultiRack SoundGrid, StudioRack SoundGrid, and eMotion ST.
- Fixed: Abbey Road TG Mastering Chain loading in GarageBand.
- Fixed: Abbey Road TG Mastering Chain is located in the Effects category instead of Mastering in Adobe Audition.
- Fixed: MultiRack SoundGrid connected to DiGiCo consoles freezes when moving controls on Abbey Road TG Mastering Chain.
- Fixed: GTR ToolRack crash when starting/stopping playback and simultaneously changing cabinets, amp types or microphones.
- Fixed: GTR ToolRack & Stomp don't update latency when stomps are inserted.
- Fixed: MetaFlanger Alt+Click doesn't reset toggle buttons.
- Fixed: PRS SuperModels stops working in Studio One 4.
- Fixed: Some PRS SuperModels controls wrongly activated when changing some presets.
- Fixed: PRS SuperModels playback starts with a slight fade-in under Logic Pro.
- Fixed: Duplicating a mono-to-stereo track with PS22 in Cubase results in a very loud noise.
- Fixed: CPU spikes and audio glitches when automating PuigTec EQs in VST2.4 (Live, Reason, Maschine, Komplete Kontrol).
- Fixed: REQ band 1 on/off is always linked, even when L/R is unlinked.
- Fixed: eMo Q4 band 1 LRB functionality.
- Fixed: Scheps Omni Channel long initial loading time, and several other bugs.
- Fixed: Smack Attack graphic issues.
- Fixed: Various TRACT-Smaart interaction bugs.
- Fixed: Waves Tune horizontal scroll shortcut on Windows.
- Various stability improvements
What You Get in V10
- Waves plugins added free of charge to Waves bundles covered under the Waves Update Plan:
- Electric Grand 80 Piano added to the Gold, Platinum, Diamond, Horizon, Broadcast & Production, Broadcast and Surround Suite, Sound Design Suite, and Mercury bundles.
- Eddie Kramer Drum Channel added to the Gold, Platinum, Diamond, Horizon, Broadcast & Production, Broadcast and Surround Suite, and Sound Design Suite bundles.
- Access to all plugin updates since the last major update to v9
- Access to future plugin updates when covered under the Waves Update Plan
- Bug fixes and plugin improvements (see below)
Across-the-board software update to version 10:
- Electric Grand 80 Piano added to the following bundles: Broadcast & Production, Broadcast and Surround Suite, Diamond, Gold, Horizon, Mercury, Platinum, Sound Design Suite.
- Eddie Kramer Drum Channel added to the following bundles: Broadcast & Production, Broadcast and Surround Suite, Diamond, Gold, Horizon, Platinum, Sound Design Suite.
- Improved: Waves Tune Real-Time CPU performance.
- Fixed: Plugins' 'About' boxes could not be closed under macOS 10.13.
- Fixed: Possible GUI corruption on Windows systems with Intel HD graphic cards.
- Fixed: Abbey Road Vinyl noise not completely off when set to -inf.
- Fixed: Scheps Omni Channel issues with saved parameters using Reaper and Studio One.
- Fixed: Scheps 73's Preamp and Drive knobs lose sync when automated together.
- Fixed: Wrong automation names for VU in/out in SSL Channel.
- Fixed: PRS SuperModels various bugs.
- Added: Waves instruments now allow saving presets in the preset menu of Komplete Kontrol and Maschine.
- Added: New H-Reverb hardware preset '70 Tiled Room'.
- Removed: Unsupported surround components from the plugins list in Ableton Live and Reason.
- Removed: WNS Noise Suppressor's “Suggest” from automation enabled controls.
- Fixed: Prompt to locate Waves plugin folder no longer appears for every account on Mac computers with multiple user-accounts.
- Fixed: Control responsiveness while moving plugin controls via Ableton Live's interface.
- Fixed: Modifying plugin parameters no longer blocks keyboard communication with Ableton Live.
- Fixed: Long plugin scan and loading times in Logic Pro X on computers that are not connected to the internet.
- Fixed: Possible crashes in Logic Pro X when loading sessions with Waves plugins and Soundtoys PanMan.
- Fixed: Waves instruments no longer appear in Pro Tools' AudioSuite menu.
- Fixed: The Sustain pedal on Grand Rhapsody Piano's GUI no longer gets stuck when clicking on it.
- Fixed: Electric 88 Piano's 'Tune' parameter values for 'Drive Through' and 'Driving Home' presets under Komplete Kontrol and Maschine.
- Fixed: AudioTrack possible level spikes when bypassing or switching presets.
- Fixed: Q10 Equalizer link between L and R faders now properly works on touchscreens.
- Fixed: DeBreath processed audio is no longer delayed when used in Pro Tools' AudioSuite.
- Fixed: Greg Wells VoiceCentric & MixCentric possible CPU spikes under REAPER while no audio is passing through the plugins.
- Fixed: GTR Solo issue in Pro Tools where some stomp control positions may not be correctly recalled when loaded in a session.
- Fixed: Waves Tune Real-Time possible wrong display of scale note during automation.
- Various other bug fixes.
6 Tips for Limiting during Audio Mastering
Why is limiting needed during mastering? What is the key to effective, tasteful limiting? And how much is too much? Learn six tips for correctly using limiters in mastering from experts at Waves Audio.More...