Note: There were some changes made to Media Composer Licences in 2019. For more information, refer to Changes to Media Composer Licenses in 2019.
You can now easily manage your software licenses from the Avid Link utility. While functionally similar to how software licensing worked in the past, there are new tools, terminology, and activation web pages to be aware of.
Please refer to the documentation for detailed instructions on installing and activating your software.
- If I want to continue to use my dongle, how do I get an .avd file to blast my dongle if I purchased an upgade?
- Once I have my updater .avd file, how do I update the dongle?
Existing Support Customers
Versioner and FlexVersioner
- What happens to my ScriptSync or PhraseFind license when I upgrade?
- How do I activate the Symphony Option?
- How do I activate the NewsCutter Option?
- The NewsCutter Option is only offered as a perpetual license. Can I use it with a Media Composer subscription license?
Floating License Server
- Where is the Floating License installer and where is the install guide?
- Can a Floating License Server be used to activate different products?
- If the Floating License Server goes down, will I be able to use my editors?
- Can I add additional seats to my Float License Server?
- Can I use a dongle with Media Composer for Education?
- What is the Verification Code that is included with Media Composer for Education?
- Can I rename the license.bin file?
- If I am activating the editing application and multiple software options, do I need a license.bin file for each?
- Can I use the same license.bin file more than once?
Production Pack and 3rd party software
- How do I get licenses for the bundled 3rd party software?
- I purchased ScriptSync or PhraseFind, will they still work?
- How do I activate Dolby AC-3 without an internet connection?