Big Screen Effects: Black Panther
Black Panther is one of the best films I’ve seen, with stunning visual effects, superb acting and a wonderful story line. Go behind the scenes of this blockbuster movie with VFX breakdowns, interviews, the crazy car chase and more, to learn what it took to bring Black Panther to the big screen. Warning: spoilers.
Black Panther Trailer
Art of VFX Interviews
Art of VFX has several interviews with some of the talented folks that help create Black Panther.
- BLACK PANTHER: Michael Wortmann – VFX Supervisor – Trixter
- BLACK PANTHER: Bryan Grill – VFX Supervisor – Scanline VFX
- BLACK PANTHER: Jonathan Weber – VFX Supervisor – RISE
- BLACK PANTHER: Kevin Souls & Brendan Seals (VFX Supervisors) and Raphael A. Pimentel (Animation Supervisor) – Luma Pictures
The Making of “Wakanda” with Ludwig Göransson – Studio Daily
Grammy-nominated composer Ludwig Göransson talks about his work adapting authentic African sounds for the Black Panther score — including joining Baaba Maal on tour in Africa and working in his studio with local musicians to kickstart the creative process.
The Black Panther Car Chase
Why The Craziest Stunt In ‘Black Panther’ Took 214 Versions – Cartoon Brew
In the video below, Ryan Coogler narrates a sequence from his film featuring Chadwick Boseman as T'Challa, a.k.a. Black Panther.
Marvel Studios' Black Panther – Kinetic Energy Film Clip
- Watch: These BTS Videos Will Get You Even More Stoked to See 'Black Panther'. – No Film School (lots of VFX breakdowns here)
- Black Panther: Building Wakanda – FXGuide
More about Black Panther
- Piecing Together the Puzzle: Bringing ‘Black Panther’ to the Screen – Animation World Network
- Black Panther Visual Development by Vance Kovacs – iamag.co
- Graded on Baselight: Black Panther – Filmlight
Posted by Kim Sternisha