New: Boris Sapphire 2020.5 Mid-Year Update Available
Boris Sapphire 2020.5 is now available for Adobe, Avid, and OFX hosts. The Flare Designer adds lens shading, 12 professionally-designed flares, new OFX host support, improved Mocha tracking.
Already own Sapphire 2020? It’s a free update to customers on a current annual subscription or a valid upgrade & support plan! Download the update
Sapphire is the most in-demand, unequaled, work-horse plug-in suite for visual effects.
Sapphire plug-ins let you create stunning organic looks unmatched by any host native effect tools. Key features include over 270 effects and 3000+ presets, a powerful Effect and Transition Builder, and integrated tracking and masking with the Academy Award-winning Mocha. Sapphire’s superior image quality, control, and render speed offer massive time-savings — allowing creatives to focus on what matters most, delivering an impact that keeps audiences coming back.
Perpetual License Annual Subscription ”Try
Press Release: Boris FX Releases Sapphire 2020.5
The industry leader for high-end visual effects plugins unveils its mid-year update
Boston, Massachusetts, U.S.A — May 28, 2020 — Boris FX Sapphire 2020.5 is now available for Adobe, Avid, and OFX video applications. The latest update to the Emmy Award-winning visual effects suite delivers new professionally-designed lens flares, flare designer updates, Blackmagic Design Fusion support, integrated Mocha improvements, and faster render speeds. Current annual subscription and upgrade & support plan customers receive a complimentary update to Sapphire 2020.5.
Sapphire 2020.5 New Features:
- LensFlare Designer. Updates include performance and stability improvements. In addition, a new lens shading feature that adds photorealistic custom shading to any designer flare.
- LensFlare. Adds 12 professionally-designed flares featuring the new lens shading feature.
- Transitions. Adds S_HyperPull and S_HyperPush to seamlessly warp between two clips.
- Host support. New full OFX support for Blackmagic Fusion Studio 16 and the integrated Fusion inside of Blackmagic Davinci Resolve 16.
- Sapphire Builder (S_Effect). Similarly, Sapphire Builder now supports two new OFX hosts — Foundry Nuke and VEGAS Pro.
- Integrated Mocha tracking. Improvements to the area brush, edge-snapping, and core planar tracking technology deliver the most accurate tracks yet.
- Faster render times. CPU and GPU rendering on effects featuring atmospheric noise. For instance, S_Glow, S_LensFlare, S_Zap, and many more.
Sapphire 2020.5 is available as a plugin for Adobe, Avid, and OFX hosts including Autodesk Flame 2020, Blackmagic DaVinci Resolve 17, and Fusion Studio 16, Foundry Nuke, VEGAS Pro, and more. Purchasing options include permanent licenses, upgrades, annual subscriptions, and new monthly subscriptions.
Below, click an image for a larger view.
About Boris FX
Founded in 1995, Boris FX is a leading developer of VFX, compositing, titling, video editing, and workflow tools for broadcast, post-production, and film professionals. Boris FX products have grown to serve over a million artists worldwide. The company’s success lies in its ability to tightly integrate and leverage technologies through strong partnerships with Adobe, Apple, Avid, Blackmagic Design, Autodesk, Foundry, VEGAS Pro, and other leading developers of video editing software. In 2014, Boris FX acquired Imagineer Systems, the Academy Award-winning developer of Mocha planar tracking software. Then, in 2016, Boris FX acquired GenArts, the developer of Sapphire, the gold standard plug-in package for high-end visual effects, and the 2019 Engineering Emmy Award winner. Similarly, in 2019, Boris FX acquired Academy Award-winning SilhouetteFX and Digital Film Tools for advanced feature film rotoscoping, painting, and effects.
Posted by Michele Yamazaki