Update: e-on Spring 2019 Release, New Features in VUE and PlantFactory
The e-on Spring 2019 release update brings VUE and PlantFactory to build 2003711. Accordingly, there are lots of new features, plus several bug fixes.
e-on Spring 2019 Release New Features Highlights
- Added Interactive Path Traced preview (ideal to monitor PBR shader authoring for instance)
- Enhanced the “top transition” blending function of segments by extrapolating the parent shape
- Added “Single Texture Per Material” baked export mode
- Improved texture baking
- Added running the color algorithm, fixing seams for low mips.
- Enhance preview contrast by reducing GI contribution by half
- Add filter 2D new points using the last clicked point and always find a place to add them (even when far away of the curve)
- Zoom where the mouse is in graph view, handle slowdown key, allows smaller zoom.
- Reworked UDIM export to sort by material
- Improved filter editor interface
- Added invert front and back option in flower node
- Fixed polygons count when using Auto LOD (show the count for the actual LOD)
- and more
New VUE Features
- OpenVDB clouds now support import options.
- Added mapping option for OpenVDB cloud
- Added cloud modulation for MetaClouds and VDB volumes
- Users can choose VDB grids to export
- Optimization of VDB saves
- Multi-thread cloud export
- [Plugins] Added compatibility
- 3ds Max 2020.
- Maya 2019 (no compatibility with V-Ray Next and no Mental Ray)
- LightWave 2019.
- Allow changing some post-processing options in the plug-ins (including artistic gamma tweak).
- [import/Terrain] automatically center non-geolocated altitude rasters instead of popping up the mostly useless centering dialog
- Added support for the following
- Displacement mapping
- camera backdrop
- texture map repeat modes (repeat, mirror, or once)
- backlight and highlights (generalized support)
- highlight color output
- 2 sided materials
- texture mapped luminous output on path tracer side
- and more
Posted by Michele Yamazaki