Free PBR Materials and Texture from CGBookcase.com
Dorian Zgraggen has a great site called CGBookcase.com, which includes 379 free PBR materials and textures at this moment. For example, the textures include leaves, wood grains, pavement paints, metals, tiles, and much more. Furthermore, the site says that they will be adding new content every month or two. Some are 2K and but most are 3K and 4K. If you like them and use them and you have the funds, Dorian is asking that people become patrons in order to support the free PBR textures.
Other resources for free PBR Materials Textures
- Freebie: Textures: Free 4K PBR Moss Material – Pete McNally, Art Lead & 3D generalist, has a free PBR material. Cover ground, rocks, and trees in your next 3D project with this realistic seamless 4096×4096 mossy material.
- Freebie: Textures: Free Seamless PBR Denim Material – Again, Pete McNally, has designed a free seamless PBR Denim Material, 4096×4096, that is great for base/detail passes or close up garments in games or VFX.
- Freebie: Free 8k PBR Textures from Texture Haven – Texture Haven offers 8k, PBR textures that are licensed as CC0, and similarly, are completely free to use how you wish.
Want the Mother Lode of PBR Textures and Materials
Access 1500+ materials. Get Substance.
Substance Source is an ever-growing content library where you can find physically based, high resolution and tweakable assets for texturing. Find assets suited to any type of 3D project at Substance Source… everything from fully procedural materials to physically based scans and hand-painted materials. Download materials every month with the Substance Live monthly payment plan or make a one-time purchase of Substance Source access, and also includes 12 months of updates.
Create your own PBR materials
Inspiring, intelligent tools and content to create and apply materials for 3D. Substance Suite gives you the full toolset, always up to date with the latest features and content.
- Paint in 3D in Substance Painter.
- Create material libraries for 3D in Substance Alchemist.
- Design materials with precision in Substance Designer.
- Download high-end materials from Substance Source.
To download a trial version, click on the product page.
Posted by Michele Yamazaki