Freebie: IWLTABP LUT Generator
On this Freebie Friday we bring you a free utility for both Mac and Windows that allows you to generate a LUT from any photo or video editing application.
What is a LUT and a HALD?
A Look-Up Table (LUT) is a file containing math instructions to replace a color by another one. This process is done pixel by pixel, that gives a very high accuracy.
A HALD is a 3D LUT converted into 2D image as JPG or PNG file. The HALD is a pattern containing all color values (pixels) for a specific size of grid. Bigger is the grid, better color accuracy is the output generated LUT.
How it works?
The process is very simple.
- You click on Generate a HALD button to generate a PNG HALD.
- You open this PNG into your favorite photo editing application and apply a color correction on the PNG HALD.
- Then you save it as PNG without compression (or in JPG 100% quality).
- Finally, you click Convert to CUBE and select the modified PNG you just saved.
The algorithm will interpret the differences that there are between each pixel of the original HALD and the HALD modified by you. A 3D LUT as .CUBE format will be generated (25x25x25 or 64x64x64, choose in Preferences).
- Convert Lightroom presets for video purpose
- Use the power of Adobe Camera Raw on video
- Create a LUT based on Photoshop color correction
- Apply third-party app effects on video
- Create your own “LOG to Rec.709” LUTs
- and so many other possibilities of uses…
This utility app is based on pay-what-you-want pricing model. It means that you can download this app for free or support creator and pay the price you think is fair.
Download the IWLTBAP LUT Generator Here and watch video tutorials about how to use it.
Posted by Kim Sternisha