Freebie: TwoLeg4D Free Cinema 4D Character Rig
Freebie Friday is still happening today! Ace5Studios has a free rig character that looks like fun!
The original Maya rig that this is based on was designed by Ugur Ulvi Yetiskin.
Free Cinema 4D character rig with just the two legs to practice animation, just like the Maya guys! Download him now! And check out other free rigs!
Check out more free rigs on our site:
- Free: Free 3D Characters – Fully Rigged! – Download some 3D character rigs and have some fun with animating this weekend! Download humans, a dinosaur bird, and more!
Cinema 4D Tutorials about Character Rigging:
- Tutorial: Animate a Character in Cinema 4D – EJ Hassenfratz from eyedesyn animates a simple sushi character in Cinema 4D. He uses Pose Morph to animate the face and then adds some secondary animation to make it more dynamic. As usual, EJ’s characters are beyond cute!
3 Character Animation and Rigging Tutorials for Cinema 4D + Resources – Here are some fun and useful tutorials about character modeling, rigging, and animation.
Some new features in R20:
- MoGraph Fields – Offer unprecedented content creation possibilities to the procedural animation toolset in MoGraph. The Fields feature in Cinema 4D R20 makes it possible to efficiently control the strength of the effect using any combination of falloffs – from simple geometric shapes to shaders and sounds to objects and mathematical formulas. Fields can be mixed and combined with one another in a layer list. Effects can be re-mapped and grouped in multiple Fields to control Effectors, Deformers, weights and more.
- Volume-based modeling – The OpenVDB-based Volume Builder and Mesher in Cinema 4D R20 offer an entirely new procedural modeling workflow. Any primitive or polygon object (including the new Fields objects) can be combined to create complex objects using Boolean operations. Volumes created in R20 can be exported sequentially in OpenVDB format and can be used in any application or render engine that supports OpenVDB.
- Node-based material system – More than 150 different node-based shaders offer customers a new and streamlined workflow to quickly and conveniently create shading effects from simple reference materials to highly complex shaders. The existing standard material system’s interface can be used to get started with the new node-based workflow. Node-based materials can be made available as parametric assets with a reduced interface.
- CAD Import – Cinema 4D R20 offers seamless drag and drop import for common CAD file formats such as Solidworks, STEP, Catia, JT, and IGES. The scale-based tessellation feature of the import function offers individual control of the level of detail for impressive visualizations.
- ProRender improvements – The GPU-based ProRender in Cinema 4D lets customers utilize the power of the GPU to create physically accurate renders. In R20, key features such as Subsurface Scattering, motion blur, and multi-passes are now available. Other enhancements in ProRender include updated code, support for Apple’s Metal2 graphics technology and the use of out-of-core textures.
- Core Modernization – The modernization efforts of the Cinema 4D core architecture and foundational technologies MAXON announced in 2017 are now more tangible and mature in Release 20. This is marked by a series of significant API adaptations, the new node system, and the modeling and UI framework.
Posted by Michele Yamazaki