News: Maxon’s 2021 3D & Motion Design Show Schedule
Maxon Announces 2021 Lineup of 3D, VFX, and Motion Graphics Special Events
2021 Sees the Highly-Anticipated Return of Maxon’s artist-focused Digital Experiences, Video Industry Events, and More
Friedrichsdorf, Germany – February 23, 2021 – Maxon has announced its extensive lineup of 2021 events for content creators working in 2D, 3D, motion design, VFX, and visualization. In addition to participating in mainstay industry events like SIGGRAPH, NAB, and IBC, Maxon will continue with their popular free online showcase, the 3D & Motion Design Show, the first of which will take place on March 17, 2021.
The 3D & Motion Design Shows will continue to feature presentations from expert motion graphics and VFX artists showcasing professional 3D techniques and real-world production workflows using Maxon’s Cinema 4D, Redshift, and the Red Giant product lines. Presentations from each event will be streamed live and will be available online shortly after airing on 3DMotionShow.com as well as the Maxon YouTube channel.
Maxon also hopes to make its return to in-person trade shows, including the IBC Show in Amsterdam (September 10-13) and NAB in Las Vegas (October 10-13). Should these industry tentpole events take place in person, Maxon will broadcast its 3D & Motion Design Show presentations live from the show floor on 3DMotionShow.com. In the event travel restrictions remain in place, Maxon will present fully virtual events.
“Though we’ve certainly missed seeing our colleagues, friends, and peers at the in-person events, we were quite humbled by the success and demand for our virtual events in 2020,” says Maxon CEO, David MacGavran. “We are excited to announce our 3D & Motion Design Show lineup for 2021 with informative, new recurring segments for added value and entertainment. We hope these virtual events continue to provide our community with helpful workflow tips and with any luck, we will soon be able to get together and continue these in person as well.”
The 3D and Motion Design Show kicks-off on March 17th, 2021 at 8:30 a.m. PDT / 11:30 a.m. EDT. Presenters Include:
- Athanasios Pozantzis, a.k.a. “Noseman”, is a Cinema 4D Master Trainer, tutor, and creator of educational content for Maxon products, particularly Cinema 4D.
- Daniel “Hashi” Hashimoto, AKA “Action Movie Dad“, is Senior Content Creator at Maxon and producer of the ever-popular “Cheap Tricks” and other VFX tutorials.
- Jonas Pilz is a Product Marketing Specialist, Cinema 4D evangelist, and Master Trainer at Maxon. Previously as a freelance 3D generalist, he created visualizations and animations for designated industrial clients and television with Cinema 4D.
- Elly Wade is a UK-based expert trainer and self-taught Cinema 4D artist who loves to set up fast ways to create beautiful mograph designs, with quick workflows for combining them with After Effects.
New Segments for the 2021 3D & Motion Design Shows:
- Toronto-based master trainer Athanasios “Noseman” Pozantzis will be returning with a new regular segment – “Knowsman Nose” – where he will share his knowledge to help users develop expert techniques and workflows for Cinema 4D.
- A new regular “Simon Says” segment where Simon Walker, Director of Training at Maxon, will share his favorite tips and techniques for the Red Giant range of post-production plug-ins and software.
- Industry luminaries Mike “Beeple” Winklemann and Andrew Kramer will be making appearances throughout the year. Actual dates TBD.
- A taste of this year’s amazing lineup of presenters includes Blake Kathryn, Andy Lefton, Bryan Coleman, Nicole Ruggiero, Jake Ferguson, and Joel Thomas.
Maxon Event Calendar:
The Maxon event calendar for March through December 2021 includes:
- February 25: Vertex, London*
- March 12-13: Forward Festival Munich*
- March 17: The 3D and Motion Design Show
- April 13-15: The 3D and Motion Design Show
- April 15-16: Forward Festival Vienna
- May 4-6: FMX, Stuttgart*
- (date TBC) May : Forward Festival Berlin
- May 19: The 3D and Motion Design Show
- June 16: The 3D and Motion Design Show
- July 1-2: Forward Festival, Hamburg
- July 21: The 3D and Motion Design Show for Siggraph*
- August 18: The 3D and Motion Design Show
- August 24-28: D2 Conference, Vienna
- September 9-13: Ars Electronica, Linz
- September 10-14: The 3D and Motion Design Show for IBC
- October 10-13: The 3D and Motion Design Show for NAB
- November 17: The 3D and Motion Design Show
- December 8: The 3D and Motion Design Show
- December 12-13: CG Event, Moscow
*These shows have already announced that they are unable to conduct an in-person event this year and will instead take place virtually via livestream.
All of Maxon’s virtual events will be streamed live on the 3D & Motion Design Show website and viewers can also sign up there to receive notifications of upcoming shows and promotions.
Maxon makes powerful, yet approachable software solutions for content creators working in 2D and 3D design, motion graphics, visual effects, and visualization. Maxon’s innovative product portfolio helps artists supercharge their creative workflows. Its product lines include the award-winning Cinema 4D suite of 3D modeling, simulation, and animation technology, the diverse Red Giant lineup of revolutionary editing, motion design, and filmmaking tools, and the high-end production, blazingly fast Redshift rendering solutions.
Maxon’s team is comprised of fun, passionate people who believe in building and empowering a successful artistic community. From its popular, inclusive events to its free Cineversity educational resources, Maxon recognizes that developing strong connections with creatives and fostering their professional growth is integral to Maxon’s ability to stay on top of industry trends and better serve customers.
Maxon is part of the Nemetschek Group.
3D for the Whole World
Maxon Cinema 4D R23 breathes life into characters and animations with outstanding new tools and workflow enhancements. Key improvements to animation workflow make it easier to create and manipulate keyframes, produce fantastic new character rigs, and manage poses, retargeting, and skinning. Enjoy all the UV and Viewport updates from S22, as well as additional refinements to both. Step into the future with a preview of the new Scene Nodes system-the power and performance of Cinema 4D’s future. R23 includes Red Giant’s Magic Bullet Looks technology. In addition, there are Deformer enhancements. Markedly, Maxon has updated integrations for Python 3, OBJ, FBX, and USD.
Maxon Cinema R23 Compatibility – The Definitive List
We’re elated about the release of Maxon Cinema 4D R23, the first subscription-only release. But, as with any major release, the issue of compatibility comes into play. Developers are working diligently to make sure everything will work smoothly with the new R23 release.
We have put together a list of products and information to keep you informed about plug-in and product compatibility.
The world’s first fully GPU-accelerated, biased renderer.
Redshift is a powerful GPU-accelerated renderer, built to meet the specific demands of contemporary high-end production rendering. Tailored to support creative individuals and studios of every size, Redshift offers a suite of powerful features and integrates with industry-standard CG applications.
Get all the tools from Red Giant at one low price with Red Giant Complete.
Trapcode Suite, Magic Bullet Suite, VFX Suite, and Universe now available together as an inexpensive annual subscription from Red Giant.
Posted by Michele Yamazaki