Maxon May 2023 Release Brings AMD GPU Support for Redshift
The Maxon May 2023 Release delivers AMD GPU support for Redshift, improvements to Unreal integration, and New Capsules. In brief, Redshift is now compatible with select AMD Radeon™ PRO graphics cards. This opens up new possibilities for more artists to take advantage of AMD hardware. Plus, Maxon updated Cineware to allow for a seamless import of Redshift Materials into Unreal Engine. But the best part? The latest Capsules drop includes dozens of new Redshift materials and a new Electric Spline Modifier Capsule for Cinema 4D. Read the press release, below, for all the details.
Update your Maxon app to download the Maxon May 2023 updates.
Press Release: Maxon Continues to Provide Regular Value-Packed Releases
May Release Boasts AMD GPU Support for Redshift, Improvements to Unreal Integration, and New Capsules
Bad Homburg, Germany – May 15, 2023 – On the heels of a massive release to nearly every product in the Maxon One line in late March, Maxon, developers of professional software solutions for editors, filmmakers, motion designers, visual effects artists, and creators of all types, today announced the immediate availability of significant upgrades to Redshift, the Cineware bridge for Unreal, and the addition of several new Capsules for Cinema 4D. In addition to some nice rendering features, the new expansion update for Redshift (3.5.15) includes compatibility with select AMD Radeon™ PRO graphics cards, allowing more artists than ever to take advantage of AMD hardware. An update to Cineware allows for the seamless import of Redshift Materials into Unreal Engine. And the latest Capsules drop includes dozens of new Redshift materials and a new Electric Spline Modifier Capsule for Cinema 4D.
David McGavran, the CEO of Maxon, reiterated, “Our ultimate objective is to make Redshift available to every artist, on every Digital Content Creation (DCC) application, with the capability to leverage the full potential of their hardware. With this new development, we are one step closer to achieving this goal.”
This latest release includes:
- AMD GPU support is now available (in public beta) for Redshift 3.5.15. Artists employing the industry’s most powerful biased renderer can now take advantage of select AMD Radeon™ PRO graphics cards’ GPU-accelerated rendering. The new loop option for Maxon Noise Procedurals allows artists to quickly set up seamless and satisfying animated effects.
- The Flakes Shader is now available in all DCCs supported by Redshift allowing artists to create sparkling car paint, beautiful shimmering snowdrifts, or add a light dust of glitter to concrete for an extra pop.
- Cinema 4D’s Distorter node is now a part of Redshift in Cinema 4D. It drives distortion of the UV space for material according to texture or shader input, immediately producing variation to break up repeating maps or as a dream-like effect on its own.
- In conjunction with the new Redshift Camera, the flexible compositing options of custom Backplates introduced in 3.5.14 for Cinema 4D, are now available in Houdini, Katana, and Blender. Anyone can easily apply different backplates for each camera, either in-render or as a post-effect, with robust frame fitting and adjustment options.
Redshift by Maxon
Redshift Now Available as Subscription
Redshift is the world’s first fully GPU-accelerated, biased renderer built to meet the specific demands of contemporary high-end production rendering in C4D. Tailored to support creative individuals and studios of every size, Redshift offers a suite of powerful features and supports complex, advanced shading networks and texturing capabilities as required for production-quality rendering. Redshift has the features and uncompromising quality of a CPU renderer, but at GPU rendering speeds.
Cineware for Unreal
- Redshift Materials are now seamlessly imported into Unreal Engine, offering high-quality fidelity textures throughout the Cinema 4D to Unreal pipeline. CWUE 0.2023.7 is a freely available plugin that requires Cinema 4D 2023.0 and greater.
- 32 New Stone Materials including asphalt, marble, and many more
- 24 New Leather Materials ranging from Milled Cowhide to Nappa Lambskin
- All new materials were created by visualization experts Fuchs and Vogel
- A new Electric Spline Modifier Capsule is great for creating electrical effects on splines
Maxon Cinema 4D Subscription
3D computer animation, modeling, simulation, and rendering software
Maxon Cinema 4D is a professional 3D modeling, animation, simulation, and rendering software solution. Its fast, powerful, flexible, and stable toolset make 3D workflows more accessible and efficient for design, motion graphics, VFX, AR/MR/VR, game development, and all types of visualization professionals. Cinema 4D produces stunning results, whether working on your own or in a team.
Cinema 4D 2024 provides unmatched speed and performance for the most sophisticated creative scenes. Rigid Body Simulations can now interact with all existing forces, pyro, cloth, and soft bodies. Pyro shines with a hot new feature that allows fire to be emitted from particles and matrices. And the new Vertex Normal tools offer artists unparalleled precision to perfect surfaces.
All updates are immediately available to subscribers via Maxon App.
Get all the Maxon products at one low price.
Maxon One is an annual subscription for all products in one all-encompassing package. To summarize, this bundle includes Cinema 4D, Redshift, ZBrush, and Red Giant Complete.
Maxon One 2024 Now Available!
Cinema 4D 2024 is better than ever – with massive performance improvements in interactive playback, enhancements to Rigid Body simulations, and a more “art-directable” Pyro workflow. With Trapcode 2024, artists can now create realistic thermal dynamics with the new Combustion feature and create particle tracks with Stroke from Parent. VFX 2024 opens up a new dimension in lighting control and includes several enhancements to the popular Real Lens Flares. With Magic Bullet 2024, color correction is easier than ever – plus a host of new presets give artists more creative freedom. Universe 2024 also sees numerous workflow improvements and offers new presets. Redshift offers more creative freedom when using the MatCap and Distorter shaders as well as performance improvements on multi-core CPUs.
Maxon makes powerful, yet approachable software solutions for content creators working in 2D and 3D design, motion graphics, visual effects, and visualization. Maxon’s innovative product portfolio helps artists supercharge their creative workflows. Our product lines include the award-winning Cinema 4D suite of 3D modeling, simulation, and animation technology; the creativity-on-the-go Forger mobile sculpting app; the diverse Red Giant lineup of revolutionary editing, motion design, and filmmaking tools; the leading-edge, blazingly fast Redshift renderer; and ZBrush, the industry-standard digital sculpting and painting solution.
Maxon’s team is comprised of fun, passionate people who believe in building and empowering a successful artistic community. From our popular, inclusive events to our free Cineversity educational resources, Maxon recognizes that developing strong connections with creatives and fostering their professional growth is integral to our ability to stay on top of industry trends and better serve customers.
Maxon is part of the Nemetschek Group.
Posted by Michele Yamazaki