Updates: Autodesk Maya & 3ds Max 2023.2
What’s new in Maya 2023.2
Autodesk’s primary focus is performance in animation and rigging. These new features make workflows simpler, improve your experience, and save time. They’ve also enhanced Bifrost, USD, and Arnold plug-ins.
- Animation Performance improvements include significant enhancements to the GPU deformation workflow.
- Blue Pencil improvements include new Falloff curves to define Blue Pencil strokes, among other improvements.
- New Graph Editor Tangent controls got two new options: Angle and Weight for better control and ease of use.
- The new Joint draw style is useful for working with rigs that contain multiple child joints in a small area.
- USD for Maya 0.19 plug-in
- And much more… Read the fine details of the update on the Autodesk website: What’s new in Maya 2023.2
What’s new in 3ds Max 2023.2
The update to 3ds Max 2023 release spotlights productivity for users and teams. It also includes new features for the array modifier. In addition, they updated Delta Mush computation. For all the fine technical details, go to the release notes. Below, read a few highlights.
- The parametric Array modifier lets users make arrays with an expansive toolset. This includes transformation and randomization controls, and parameters to adjust material IDs and UV data.
- Chamfer updates
- Editable Poly Retriangulation
- Track View updates
- And there’s a lot more. Read What’s New in 3ds Max 2023.2 for all the details.
Create massive worlds and high-quality designs
3ds Max® professional 3D modeling, rendering, and animation software enables you to create expansive worlds and premium designs.
• Breathe life into environments and landscapes with robust modeling tools.
• Create finely detailed designs and props with intuitive texturing and shading tools.
• Iterate and produce professional-grade renders with full artistic control.
Check out Maya Monday under Tutorials for more Maya-featured tutorials and information. In addition, check out the Bifrost Hub, for everything about Bifrost. this includes downloads, tutorials, and more.
3D computer animation, modeling, simulation, and rendering software
Autodesk Maya is a professional 3D animation, modeling, simulation, and rendering toolset. Designed for creating realistic characters and blockbuster-worthy effects, this powerful toolset is easy to learn.
End-to-end creative tools for entertainment creation
The Media & Entertainment Collection lets animators, modelers, and visual effects artists access the tools they need to create compelling effects, believable 3D characters, and massive digital worlds. Move assets quickly between creative tools with one-click workflows. Includes Maya, 3ds Max, Motionbuilder, and Mudbox. In addition get Character Generator, Recap 360 Pro, Rendering in A360, and Cloud Storage.
Posted by Michele Yamazaki