Midweek Motivations: The Mandalorian
Last month, The Mandalorian won big with seven awards at the Creative Arts Emmy Awards 2020. The show won for Outstanding:
- Music Composition for a Series (Original Dramatic Score)
- Stunt Coordination for a Drama Series, Limited Series or Movie
- Production Design for a Narrative Program
- Sound Editing for a Comedy or Drama Series and Animation
- Sound Mixing for a Comedy or Drama Series and Animation
- Cinematography for a Single-Camera Series
- Special Visual Effects
Congrats to the team that worked so hard on the show! All in all, I LOVED it. Below, we have videos and links about the VFX, the concept art, color grading, and virtual production involved in the show. Plus, the Season 2 Trailer!
Pixomondo’s ‘The Mandalorian’ Season 1 VFX Showreel
Check this Twitter thread to see it all. There are 10 pieces by Nick Gindraux.
— Star Wars (@starwars) November 20, 2019
- HDR Grading on The Mandalorian by Alexis Van Hurkman
- VFXShow 246: The Mandalorian. Mike Seymour, Matt Wallin, and Jason Diamond talk about the show.
- VIEW Conference Q&A with Hal Hickel Hal is Industrial Light and Magic’s Animation Director, and in the interview, he talks about The Mandalorian.
- How Cutting-Edge ILM Technology Brought ‘The Mandalorian’ to Life. Learn about StageCraft technology.
- Art of LED Wall Virtual Production, Part One: ‘Lessons from the Mandalorian’
The Mandalorian | Season 2 Official Trailer | Disney+
Are you excited? I’m excited! Season 2 will start streaming on Friday, October 30, 2020.
Technical innovations in video game development have allowed Virtual Production to explode in filmmaking and episodic series. We have several videos where the pros explain exactly what Virtual Production is. In brief, filmmakers are using virtual sets and virtual actors to speed up production, and save money. Ultimately, much virtual production can be done in real-time! In addition, we have some cool examples of Virtual Production. These include videos about the making of The Mandalorian and Game of Thrones, as well as The Mill’s virtual Production Reel.
Midweek Motivations: Star Wars Fan Films
Check out some amazing Star Wars Fan Films that have come out in the past week, with amazing effects, outstanding choreography, and exotic set locations.
Posted by Michele Yamazaki