New: Autodesk 3ds Max 2022 is Now Available
Autodesk has released 3ds Max 2022 with a focus on workflow efficiency, enhanced texturing and rendering tools, and more security.
3D modeling, animation, and rendering software for games and design visualization
3ds Max offers a rich and flexible toolset to create premium designs with full artistic control. With 3ds Max you can create massive worlds in games, visualize high-quality architectural renderings, model finely detailed interiors and objects, and bring characters and features to life with animation and VFX.
Autodesk 3ds Max 2022 Update Highlights
Taking speed and security one step further.
Focused on workflow efficiency, easy-to-use texturing and rendering tools, and a safer, more secure workspace environment, 3ds Max brings you new rendering capabilities in Arnold, a new Bake to Texture functionality, and enhancements to popular modeling tools
- Smart Extrude Enhancements – Smart Extrude now features two new operations when performed with a Shift+Drag extrusion on an Editable Poly or Edit Poly modifier
- Slice Modifier – The Slice modifier has been updated with a number of new features to aid modeling tasks.
- Symmetry Modifier Enhancements – The Symmetry modifier has been improved to make modeling faster and easier.
- Relax Modifier Enhancement – The Preserve Volume option smooths fine detail and noise on your model while retaining its shape and definition.
- Extrude Modifier Enhancements – The Extrude Modifier has been improved to achieve better results quickly and interactively.
- Autosmooth Function Improvement – Autosmooth has been significantly improved, providing performance gains whether smoothing a thousand faces or a million.
Accessible Texturing and Rendering
- Arnold Renderer: MAXtoA – This version of 3ds Max includes MAXtoA 188.8.131.52 based on Arnold 184.108.40.206.
- Rendering Improvements – 3ds Max 2022 includes a number of improvements to make rendering easier and faster.
- Bake to Texture – Bake to Texure now includes a selection of pre-configured maps to streamline frequent baking operations.
- Viewport Improvements – The viewport now features more control over ambient occlusion and floating viewport windows.
Safe and Secure Environment
- Security Improvements – 3ds Max 2022 includes a number of security improvements to protect your 3ds Max scenes and files.
For full release notes, visit the Updates tab on the 3ds Max product page.
Posted by Kim Sternisha