New: Boris FX Mocha Pro 2020 is Now Available, New Tools For Advanced VFX and Clean-Up Tasks
Boris FX has released the Academy Award-winning planar tracking toolset, Mocha Pro 2020. It offers Mega Plate module, Area Brush tool, and OpenColorIO support to speed up and streamline visual effects and post-production workflows.
Boris FX Mocha Pro 2020
Boston, Massachusetts, U.S.A — October 7, 2019 — The latest release of the Academy Award-winning planar tracking toolset, Boris FX Mocha Pro 2020, delivers major time-saving benefits to visual effects artists tasked with the often complicated set extensions, clean-ups, and object removals needed to bring Hollywood’s biggest blockbusters to life. Mocha Pro 2020 is now available as both a standalone application and as a plug-in for the post-production industry’s most popular host applications including Adobe After Effects and Premiere Pro, Avid Media Composer, Autodesk Flame, Foundry Nuke, and many more.
Mocha Pro 2020 not only helps VFX artists deliver high-end results in less time, but it also offers video editors and colorists simple new workflows for everyday VFX tasks such as isolating effects and replacing screens. “The Mega Plate feature is an evolution of our planar tracking engine, now developed to generate a stitched panorama effects plate from a moving shot,” says Ross Shain, Chief Product Officer, Boris FX. “This opens up a powerful and unique new workflow for artists to generate a larger-than-raster extended canvas for retouching, set extensions, matte painting, sky replacements, and object removal.”
“Editors and finishing artists working on tight deadlines will love the new Area Brush paint tool for its speed and ease of use,” continues Shain. “And advanced effects artists will appreciate how Mocha’s new pressure-sensitive paint and stroke-to-spline conversion is combined with edge-snapping for greater roto and masking flexibility. And finally, the addition of OpenColorIO support ensures a proper color-managed workflow for consistent display across feature film and television post-production pipelines.”
Mocha’s tracking and effects tools have long been acknowledged by professionals in the film and broadcast industry for their quality, speed, and impact. The Mocha development team, first recognized by the Academy of Motion Pictures in 2013 with a Scientific and Engineering Academy Award, will be honored next with an Engineering Emmy Award from the Television Academy on October 23, 2019.
Mocha Pro 2020 Highlights:
- New! Mega Plate extracts a seamless larger-than-raster image from moving camera footage to complete advanced VFX tasks including set extensions, clean-ups, removing unwanted objects, and repositioning footage. The unique module builds upon Mocha’s most powerful core technologies — planar track and temporal frame analysis — to create a stitched extended frame.
- New! Area Brush with Quick Mask mode brings paint-like functionality to Mocha, allowing users to define large tracking search areas with a simple quick gestural stroke. Added and subtracted paint strokes convert to vector splines to speed up tracking and masking tasks.
- New! OpenColorIO (OCIO) support gives Mocha users consistent and predictable color displays across industry workflows. Compatible with the Academy Color Encoding Specification (ACES) and enables improved color-managed workflows with high-end post-production and VFX applications such as Boris FX Silhouette, Foundry’s NUKE, Autodesk Flame, Avid Media Composer, and more.
Pricing & Availability
Mocha Pro 2020 is available with affordable pricing and subscription options: plug-ins for Adobe After Effects and Premiere Pro, Avid Media Composer, and OFX hosts, including Blackmagic Fusion, Foundry Nuke, VEGAS Pro, and HitFilm (or as a standalone application).
Mocha Pro 2020 is a full feature release. Only Mocha Pro customers who are on a current U&S (Upgrade & Support) plan or purchased within the last year will receive a no-cost update to Mocha Pro 2020.
- Multi-host option (includes all supported host plug-ins: Adobe, Avid, OFX)
- Single license: $995
- Upgrades start at $395
- Annual subscription: $395
- Individual host option (choose one supported host plug-in: Adobe, Avid, OFX)
- Single license: $695
- Upgrades start at $295
- Annual subscription: $295
- Multi-host option + standalone application
- Single license: $1495
- Upgrades start at $595
- Annual subscription: $595
Posted by Kim Sternisha