New: Chaos Group V-Ray for Houdini is Now Available
Chaos Group has released V-Ray for Houdini, a production-proven renderer built for high-end VFX and animation projects. Now, you can assemble your scenes in a procedural environment, using V-Ray for Houdini for even more control.
Take your VFX pipeline to the next level with V-Ray for Houdini
V-Ray for Houdini is a production-proven CPU & GPU rendering for high-end VFX and animation, built to handle users’ biggest scenes and most demanding projects. It comes with all the tools artists need to render amazing-looking procedural effects.
Seamlessly integrated in Houdini, it enables smooth scene exchange and iterations between Houdini and other DCC applications.
Learn More | Purchase V-Ray for Houdini
Who is it for?
V-Ray for Houdini is designed for artists working in 3D animation and VFX for film, TV, video games and virtual reality.
- Quality. Production-proven CPU & GPU rendering for high-end VFX and animation.
- Power. Built to handle the most demanding projects and visual effects pipelines.
- Speed. Highly optimized adaptive ray tracing for superior speed and scalability.
- Creative Control. Full suite of lighting, shading and rendering tools for complete creative control.
- Smart Integration. Seamless Houdini integration and compatibility with other V-Ray applications.
- An Industry Standard. Academy Award®-winning renderer used on over 200 feature films.
V-Ray Workflow Across DCC Products
V-Ray for Houdini can further enhance 3ds Max, Maya, and Katana workflows with the addition of V-Ray for 3ds Max,
Maya, and Katana. More lighting and shading options can be added during the compositing stage by using V-Ray for Nuke. V-Ray for Houdini supports VRScans which allows for the most physically accurate materials to be used.
How can V-Ray for Houdini help artists?
Quality renders with a high level of efficiency: V-Ray for Houdini provides extraordinary photorealistic renders quickly
and easily. Users have complete control over the quality or speed of their renders.
Streamlined pipeline across different platforms: Most studios already have a V-Ray integrated pipeline. With the wide range platforms that V-Ray supports, it’s easy to merge assets or exchange projects for material coordination and consistency across platforms.
- Production-proven rendering. Powerful CPU and GPU-accelerated rendering built for the demands of high-end production.
- Volume rendering. Fast and accurate rendering of native Houdini volumes and OpenVDB caches.
- V-Ray Scene exchange. Transfer and override the properties of V-Ray scenes from other apps like Maya and 3ds Max.
- Physical hair. Create realistic-looking hair* with accurate highlights using the V-Ray Physical Hair material.
*Currently supports hair as SOP geometry
- Instancing. Instance any object type (including volumes) using Packed Primitives, Instancer and “instancepath” attributes.
- Particles. Drive shader parameters such as color, alpha and particle size through custom per-point attributes.
- Packed primitives. Efficient handling of Houdini’s native packed primitives for instancing at render time.
V-Ray for Houdini is offered as a rental license only (annual and monthly). V-Ray for Houdini supports only the Online Licensing System (OLS) and does not support the USB dongle.
Online licensing requires a stable, uninterrupted internet connection. It is possible to borrow licenses and use them completely offline for a limited time – 14 days. When this period is over, an internet connection is required to renew offline usage of the licenses.
Posted by Kim Sternisha