New: Corona Renderer v5 for 3ds Max is Now Available
Corona Renderer v5 for 3ds Max has been released and is focused mostly on optimizations, saving both memory and render times for general rendering, and more specifically for displacement and caustics.
Corona Renderer delivers high quality, physically-based shading in production rendering. All its features are tightly integrated into Autodesk 3ds Max and Cinema 4D.
What’s new in Corona Renderer v5 for 3ds Max?
- Memory and render time savings right out of the box, without the need to change anything in the scene.
- 2.5D Displacement – New default displacement calculation method, which gives you much faster scene parsing and even more memory savings.
- Caustics Optimizations – Caustics render faster and use less memory, no changes needed to the scene.
- General Optimizations – There are overall memory and render time savings, including for geometry processing and more.
- ColorCorrect Optimizations – The performance of the Corona Color Correct map has been improved.
- Hair – Corona now uses half the memory, and some artifacts have been removed.
- Corona Material Library updated (17 new basic Hair materials, 10 new Skin materials, and some smaller fixes).
Corona Renderer v5 is compatible with Autodesk 3ds Max 2013 – 2020.
Note: Corona Renderer for Cinema 4D is still version 4, but v5 is in development.
Posted by Kim Sternisha