New: Extensis Portfolio 4 is Now Available
Extensis Portfolio 4 offers sleek and secure digital asset management. Portfolio 4 has been updated with private shareable galleries, enhanced watermarks, a user interface refresh, security updates and more.
Digital Asset Management Software That Blends Seamlessly Into Your Workflow
Whether your teammates are in the next room or half a world away, Portfolio makes organizing, finding, and sharing your media assets easy – even as your collection grows. This digital asset management system allows you to send the right files to the right people at the right time, every time. From robust integrations to tools that make it easier to connect with clients and audiences beyond your organization, Portfolio empowers you to do more with your DAM.
What’s new in Portfolio 4
- Sometimes, you need a middle ground between private and public gallery options. That’s why Portfolio 4.0 gives you the option of private shareable galleries. You can share a gallery with the teammates you need to collaborate with while keeping it private from those who don’t need to see it.
- Portfolio already empowers you to protect your intellectual property with watermarking. Version 4.0’s enhanced watermarks now include an outline shadow, which makes them clearer on various backgrounds and ensures that it doesn’t appear washed out on images with dark and light areas.
- The latest release supports more camera RAW file formats for the newest models from manufacturers such as Nikon, Canon, Sony, and many more. Explore the wide variety of file formats supported by Portfolio here.
- Portfolio 4.0 also features a user interface refresh which is easier on the eyes and boosts end user productivity.
- Web security is an evolving process, so it should come as no surprise that this latest release includes security updates. We’ve ensured compatibility with the latest version of Microsoft’s Active Directory and employed Apache Tomcat to resolve recent issues with Windows, WebSocket Denial of Service, HTTP/2 Denial of Service, and other emerging security issues. Also, just like Portfolio 3.6.3, this latest release is Adobe Flash-free to keep things running smoothly and securely.
- Great news for macOS users — Portfolio 4.0 is compatible with Big Sur macOS 11 on Intel chip machines. We’re still testing on systems with the new Apple M1 chip machines and don’t recommend installing Portfolio 4.0 on Apple M1 systems at this time. We’ll be sure to update this article as soon as we know more.
- If you’re an active Portfolio subscriber, you can update now. Just follow these instructions.
Posted by Kim Sternisha