New: Grass Valley EDIUS X Has Launched
Grass Valley has launched Edius X with a completely redesigned core engine, new modular design, new effects, enhanced features, and more.
EDIUS X marks the start of a new era in nonlinear editing. EDIUS X comes with a completely redesigned core engine along with a modular concept allowing even more performance for fully customizable workflows. For almost two decades, EDIUS hallmark has been its stability, benchmark setting performance and creative tools. EDIUS is being used across the industry from broadcast facilities and newsgathering organizations up to government institutions, corporate productions, independent filmmakers, video creators and video enthusiasts.
EDIUS X’s new modular design enables Grass Valley to continuously update and enhance the feature set and workflow options. This allows to meet upcoming user demands and incorporate new technologies and web services into the software itself — such as machine learning during the ongoing development of EDIUS X. All EDIUS 10.x update releases will be available free of charge during the expected lifecycle of about two to three years.
Features of EDIUS X
From the start, EDIUS X features exciting new modules and functions, including:
- Background Rendering: EDIUS X will never ask you to interrupt your editing for a process to finish. This makes your workflow smooth, creative, and virtually unstoppable.
- Background Export: The new background render engine is also great for exporting files. You will never have to pause working while exporting.
- GV Job Monitor: EDIUS X keeps you informed regarding all background activities and lets you prioritize jobs as needed.
- VST Plug-In Support: EDIUS X broadens the support for VST-plugins. This includes support for latency plug-ins along with a powerful WaveShell integration.
- Motion Tracker with Chase Mode: EDIUS X allows you to easily attach a label, animation or video clip to your tracked object.
- Motion Tracker with Anchor Mode: Have your picture automatically reframed with reference to the tracked object. This is great for aspect ratio conversions and virtual multicamera shots.
- H.265 Export: EDIUS X speeds up export rendering time by leveraging NVIDIA GPU support. This is also available with the new Background Rendering options.
- GUI Color: EDIUS X comes with a refined GUI in a slightly darker color. This makes editing even more comfortable with a cool new look.
- Draft Mode: With EDIUS X, EDIUS X Pro now also includes the Draft Preview Mode. This allows real-time playback of as of many tracks as you like.
- 8K Support: EDIUS X Workgroup allows project settings and also file export in up to 8K.
- Optimized Performance: EDIUS X is all about performance and a future-proofed design.
For more info on all the new features, watch the launch video below:
EDIUS Pro 9 will still be available for about one year. EDIUS 9 is still relevant for customers who have many systems running EDIUS 9 and wish to wait with the upgrade to EDIUS X but are already in need of additional seats.
If you purchased EDIUS Pro 9 after September 13, 2019, you need to submit your EDIUS 9 serial at www.edius.net/plus in order to be able to use EDIUS X free of charge.
Posted by Kim Sternisha