New: Krotos Audio Concept is Now Available + Special Intro Price
Concept is Krotos Audio’s first soft-synth, allowing the creation of everything from traditional synth sounds to more complex evolving textures and custom sound design elements.
Krotos Audio Concept
Krotos , the company behind the innovative and award-winning Dehumaniser , Reformer, Weaponiser and Igniter product range, are pleased to announce the release of their very first soft-synth – Concept .
Available in VST/AU/AAX format, Concept is an intuitive and creative soft-synth, that makes the process of creating your own patches fast and inspiring. Concept’s flexible synth engine will enable you to create everything from traditional synth sounds to more complex evolving textures and custom sound design elements.
A fresh approach to modulation allows any parameter to be mapped to one of four highly editable multi-mode modulators in the centre of Concept’s UI. Choose from a variety of flexible modulation options such as an Env/Pitch Follower, an X/Y Capture pad and the unique ‘Tweak It’ customization system.
Concept also comes with an extensive selection of high-quality effects with a total of three simultaneous insert slots. A highlight of the effects suite is a mix ready convolution reverb that allows user IR files to be utilised to create unusual creative effects.
Krotos founder and CEO, Orfeas Boteas comments: “Concept offers simplicity, performability and a new flexible approach to modulation and control-all in one easy-to-use UI. It’s a fresh approach that can help you to generate ideas and new sounds quickly and as with all Krotos software, it’s a lot of fun to use!”
Overview of Concept
- Modulation System – Explore a new approach to modulation using drag-and-drop. Instantly identify your mappings with clear colour coding and animated visual feedback.
- Tweak It – Get inspired quickly using our controllable and assignable customisation system. Create variations of your patch with a single click, with results ranging from musical to complex.
- X/Y Capture – Draw your modulation movements within an X/Y field. Capture patterns for any combination of parameters and sync the results to your projects tempo. Create unique sounds and melodies in an instant.
- FX Rack – Combine a range of ten high-quality effects, and drag-and-drop any parameter into the modulation system. An innovative convolution reverb is included allowing the use of custom impulse responses.
- Audio Input – Stimulate new ideas by performing and modulating with any input or instrument. Use elements from your mix to create dynamic rhythmical patches, or use the pitch follower to create exciting interactions with existing melodies.
To get you started, Concept comes loaded with 200+ diverse presets, designed by the likes of Mercury award-winning music producer Roni Size (Reprazent, Universal), Richard Devine (Google, Warp Records), Kayla Painter (Brownswood Recordings), Dom Ruckspin (Ninja Tune) and Heiroglyphic Being (Mathematics Records).
“I love the simple straight-forwardness of Concept, but also how you can surprise yourself by accidentally routing the wrong thing or creating blind variables and just randomising everything. So many eye-brow-raising moments!”
-Dom Ruckspin – Music Producer, Composer and Mix Engineer (Submotion Orchestra, Ninja Tune, EMI)
“I love the interface and the modulation options they present in the plugin. I really fell in love with the X/Y automation mode. This spoke immediately to me.”
-Richard Devine – Sound Designer and Music Producer (Google, Warp Records)
Concept Introductory Special , Only $99! Sale ends February 14, 2020.
To celebrate the newest addition to the Krotos family, Concept is available at a special introductory price for a limited time. This offer is only available until 14th February 2020.
MSRP: $129.00 SALE: $99.00
Based in Edinburgh, Scotland, Krotos develops innovative technologies that fundamentally improve the way people work with sound . Renowned for their innovative and award-winning Dehumaniser , Reformer , Weaponiser and Igniter product range including a vast selection of sound effects libraries, the company is now expanding into the music market with a re-defined vision for the future.
Posted by Kim Sternisha