New: Mastering The Mix REFERENCE v2 is Now Available
Mastering the Mix has updated REFERENCE, the mixing and mastering utility plug-in, with a complete user interface refresh, improved EQ balance algorithm, and much more.
Mastering The Mix REFERENCE
Mixing and mastering utility plugin
It can be frustrating not knowing exactly how to get your music comparable to your favorite mixes. REFERENCE Is packed with powerful tools and insights to help you get closer than ever to the sound of your favorite music.
What’s new in REFERENCE v2?
- Complete user interface refresh with user experience and workflow improvements.
- Expanded level matching options. You can level match your references to your original track, or the quietest track, or set all tracks to -14LUFS.
- Improved EQ balance algorithm that goes deeper into the differences between the tonal balance of your song and your reference track and displays a complete curve.
- EQ balance algorithm can display the EQ curve needed to get your mix sounding like your reference or the inverted difference depending on your preferences.
- Stereo width analysis and visual improvements.
- REFERENCE now comes with an additional source plugin called REFSEND that allows you to bypass entire FX chains to make loudness-matched A/B comparisons. This keeps you honest with yourself about the changes you’re making to your music and ensures positive progress.
- New metering layout, with peak, dBTP (decibels true peak) LUFS integrated and short-term options.
- A more accurate and reliable track align algorithm.
- Switching between the original and reference track can be MIDI mapped, allowing switching even when the plugin interface isn’t open or selected.
Posted by Kim Sternisha