New: Autodesk Maya 2019 and Maya LT 2019 Released
Autodesk had a major update today for Maya with big performance enhancements and improvments animation caching and Viewport 2.0, plus Arnold refinement.
Maya 2019 Overview
Maya 2019 – Faster and more responsive
Maya 2019 is faster in ways that most artists will notice in their everyday work. Faster loading of scenes with meta data; faster material and texture load times; faster selection and snapping; and a better animation experience with Cached Playback. Maya 2019 also includes user-submitted stability and usability improvements.
Maya 2019 – A beautiful viewport with Arnold updates
Updates to the Arnold Standard Surface Shader in Maya 2019 make the Viewport 2.0 preview look much closer to the final render. And area lights now show reflections in real time. You’ll have a better idea of what your final Arnold render will look like, have a better pre-viz experience, and it’s a lot more creatively engaging to work in a nice environment.
Maya 2019 – Cached Playback for better animation
Cached Playback in Maya 2019 is a background process that continuously evaluates and caches the data from your Maya scene per frame so that when you hit the play button you get a better playback speed directly in Viewport 2.0. You’re going to spend a lot more time animating and a lot less time waiting, so you can create better animations.
Maya 20109 Overview video
- UV editor workflow, look, and feel – The UV Editor interface has been overhauled, and includes a new UV Toolkit with better tools and functionality.
- Clump modifier for interactive grooming – Generate realistic clumping effects in hair and fur for more natural-looking hair.
- After Effects live link – Create a live link between Maya and Adobe® After Effects® to make real-time changes and view scenes simultaneously.
- Additional MASH nodes – The MASH toolset gives you new nodes (curve, signal, world, placer, and more), as well as updates to existing nodes.
Make it with Maya Computer Animation Software
Maya® 3D animation, modeling, simulation, and rendering software provides an integrated, powerful toolset. Use it for animation, environments, motion graphics, virtual reality, and character creation.
Autodesk Maya LT 2019
Cost-effective video game development software
Maya LT™ 3D modeling and animation software is built for professional indie game makers. Bring creations to life with powerful game development tools.
Autodesk Media & Entertainment Collection
Save 10% When Purchasing a 3-Year Subscription
- Maya – Fast, creative toolset for 3D animation, modeling, simulation, and rendering
- 3ds Max – 3D modeling, animation, and rendering software
- Motionbuilder – 3D character animation software
- Mudbox – Digital painting and sculpting software
- Character Generator – Web-based 3D character generation
- Recap 360 Pro – Reality capture and 3D scanning software and services
- Rendering in A360 – Fast, high-resolution renderings in the cloud
- Cloud Storage – Upload and access large files of any type—anytime, anywhere
Posted by Michele Yamazaki