New: Digital Film Tools Film Stocks v3 Now Available
Digital Film Tools has just released a major upgrade to Film Stocks, a unique filter that simulates 329 different color and black and white still photographic film stocks, motion picture films stocks and historical photographic processes. There is a version for still photos and one for video and each work in multiple host applications.
Digital Film Tools Releases Film Stocks 3.0
New version adds 130 presets
Los Angeles, CA – November 1, 2017 – Digital Film Tools, developer of visual effects software, today announced the release of Film Stocks v3.0. The new version adds 8 Black & White Films – Polaroid presets, 12 Faded – Color presets, 5 Faded – Black & White presets, and 16 Motion Picture Film presets. 89 color-grading presets from Academy Award nominated movies are also provided, for instance, 2001 A Space Odyssey, Apocalypse Now, Blade Runner, Back to the Future, Frankenstein, Gone with the Wind, King Kong, Saving Private Ryan and Titanic. In addition, users will enjoy the new visual Color Wheels interface for adjusting brightness, hue and saturation using master, shadows, midtones and highlights wheels.
Film Stocks offers a wide range of preset looks as well as the necessary controls to create analog film stock presets from scratch, including color correction, curves, colored filters, sharpness, diffusion, vignettes and film grain. Apply one of the many presets and customize the settings, or create interesting looks and simulations and save them as presets to use in the future or share with colleagues.
Film Stocks Feature Highlights
- 329 analog photographic film presets
- Select from Agfa®, Fuji®, Ilford®, Kodak®, Polaroid® and Rollei® color and black and white film stocks
- Choose from a wide range of historical photographic processes
- Get the skewed color look of Bleach Bypass, Cross processing and Technicolor® Three Strip and Two Strip processes
- Apply Lo-Fi photographic looks from Lomo and Holga toy cameras
- Age your images for a vintage effect with the look of faded films
- Simulate film grunge by adding film dirt, hair, scratches, stains, splotches, gate weave, and flicker
- 89 color grading presets from Academy Award nominated movies including 2001 A Space Odyssey, Apocalypse Now, Blade Runner, Back to the Future, Frankenstein, Gone with the Wind, King Kong, Saving Private Ryan and Titanic
- Create your own film stock presets
- Layering system for multiple film stock application *
- Sophisticated yet easy-to-use masking tools *
- Add a vignette to any preset
- Modify images with presets or sliders
- Quickly search for presets
- 32-bit image processing
- Multi-processor acceleration
- GPU Acceleration
* Photo plug-in versions
Availability and Pricing
The Film Stocks photo plug-in is available now for $50 USD. If installed on the same machine, one license will run in the following applications: Adobe® Photoshop®, Adobe® Photoshop® Elements, and Adobe® Photoshop® Lightroom®.
The Film Stocks video/film plug-in is available now for $95.00 USD. If installed on the same machine, one license will allow it to run in Adobe After Effects, Adobe Premiere Pro, Apple Final Cut Pro X, Apple Motion 5, Avid Editing Systems, Assimilate Scratch, Black Magic Resolve, Sony Catalyst, The Foundry's Nuke and Vegas Pro if installed on the same machine.
Upgrades are available to existing customers for $25 USD for the photo plug-in and $50 USD for the video/film plug-in.
About Digital Film Tools
Digital Film Tools brings together the unbeatable combination of superior software designers, motion picture visual effects veterans, video editors and photographers. Add three Emmy Awards and experience in creating visual effects for hundreds of feature films, commercials and television shows and you have a recipe for success.
Posted by Michele Yamazaki