New: Mocha VR Brings High-End Visual Effects and Post-Production Workflows to 360°/VR Filmmaking
Based on Imagineer’s Academy Award-winning planar tracking algorithm, Mocha VR features a native 360 optimized workflow for the most common 360° video post-production tasks.
Mocha VR is a groundbreaking new software tool bringing high-end visual effects and post-production workflows to 360°/VR filmmaking.
Mocha VR is available as a standalone application or plug-in for Adobe After Effects, Premiere Pro, Avid Media Composer and OFX Hosts: Foundry's Nuke & Fusion.
“Emerging 360°/VR content creators want to produce Hollywood style visuals and use high-end finishing techniques to make their 360° videos more impactful,” says Ross Shain, chief marketing officer. “However, the equirectangular format brings technical challenges to the artists tasked with delivering high quality deliverables. Mocha VR introduces an efficient, time-saving post-stitch workflow for editors, compositors, and finishing artists. We are excited that Mocha’s famous planar tracking can now be used to fix many problems associated with 360° post, such as removing cameras and stabilizing aerial footage.”
“Avid is committed to working with third-parties to offer the most comprehensive tools and workflow solutions to create, distribute, and monetize media,” says Kate Ketcham, product manager, Avid. “Boris FX has extensive experience creating high-quality plug-ins for Avid Media Composer. The new Mocha VR AVX plug-in is notable for being the first third-party 360° video tool designed to support the Avid editing workflow.”
Mocha VR Features
- 360° Planar Tracking: Imagineer’s award-winning planar tracking solution now supports equirectangular footage delivering the world's most robust 360° tracking solution for post-production.
- 360° Workspace: Optimized workspace and toolset works simultaneously in rectilinear and lat/long views bringing 360° capability to a variety of applications. Editors and artists can easily track, roto, create effects, and insert graphics without worrying about equirectangular seams or distorted pixels.
- 360° Masking Tools: Unlimited X-Spline tools for articulate shape creation and masking, saves hours of time versus traditional keyframing techniques. Roto-masks can be rendered back to host or exported to most editing and compositing systems.
- 360° Object Removal: Mocha’s famous Remove Module now works on 360° video by analyzing temporal frames and removing unwanted camera rigs, shadows, crew members, and more for massive time-savings.
- Horizon Stabilization & Reorient: Designed to reduce unstable motion, the new Reorient Module can drastically improve nausea-inducing VR experiences by smoothing or stabilizing shaky, handheld, and drone captured footage. Driven by robust planar tracking, a user can even track and stabilize difficult and out of focus footage.
- Lens Distort Workflow for 360° Compositing: Plug-in based lens correction workflow converts between lat/long and rectilinear for a simple workflow to add titles, graphics, patches, and non-360 enabled filters to your 360 project.
- Plug-in & Standalone Workflows: Running as a plug-in inside industry standard editing and effects applications Adobe Premiere Pro CC, After Effects CC, Avid Media Composer, and NUKE provides an immediate and accessible workflow for 360°/VR post tasks. Render finished shots to your timeline OR export tracking and roto data in a variety of formats for flexibility and project sharing.
Mocha VR Plug-in for Adobe, Avid or OFX host
- New – $995 USD
Mocha VR Standalone + Multihost Plug-ins
- New – $1,995 USD
- Upgrade from Mocha Pro 5 – $300 USD
- Annual Subscription (includes multi-host plug-ins & standalone) – $795 USD
Posted by Kim Sternisha