New: RE:Vision Effects Twixtor v7 and ReelSmart Motion Blur v6 & Effections v18
Twixtor v7 and ReelSmart Motion Blur v6 with 360 video support have been released! Plus these newest versions have been added to the Effections bundle.
Introducing Twixtor® v7 and ReelSmart Motion Blur® (RSMB) v6.
Twixtor Intelligently slows down or speeds up your image sequences with visually stunning results. RSMB applies natural-looking motion blur by automatically tracking every pixel, and also blurs using motion vectors supplied by your 3D system.
The new versions now support 360 video (in equirectangular format). We introduce, for the first time, optical flow tracking on 360 footage taking into account the connectedness of the left and right sides of the 360 video, as well as the geometry of the top and bottom edge pixels. What this means is that when retiming or blurring 360 video, you won't see artifacts along the edges of the video that you might see with previous versions of our products, and with other optical flow-based techniques.
Check out the Twixtor v7 demo and RSMB v6 demo working on 360 video.
- Both RSMB and Twixtor add true 360 tracking and take into account the connectedness at the edges of the 360 video representation.
- After Effects: added a feature that Twixtor will work at the composition frame rate unless otherwise specified.
- Premiere Pro: RSMB and Twixtor works in floating point color.
- An option is provided that uses the alpha channel to help tracking of dark images with mattes. This is especially useful for CG, masked and/or keyed material. This feature is available in the Pro versions of RSMB and Twixtor for After Effects, Premiere Pro and Final Cut Pro, as well as all other versions for other host programs supported.
- An option for linear footage that provides better tracking. This option was provided in some versions of Twixtor and RSMB, but is now available for all hosts.
- Known issue: There is ambiguity in how to represent motion vectors in 360, so RSMB Vectors does not current support true 360 blurring.
Available for these host applications: After Effects and Premiere Pro, FCP X, Motion, Natron, Hitfilm, Media Composer, Flame and Smoke, Nuke, Fusion Studio, Nucoda, Scratch, Silhouette, Resolve, Vegas Pro and Catalyst Edit.
Available for these host applications: After Effects and Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro X, Flame and Smoke, Nuke, Fusion Studio, Scratch, Nucoda, Silhouette, Media Composer, Vegas Pro, Hitfilm, Catalyst Edit and Natron.
Posted by Kim Sternisha