New: Telestream’s Live Streaming Software, Wirecast 7, is now available
Tell your story. Live. Wirecast 7 adds faster performance, an updated UI and powerful new production features.
Telestream Wirecast is the only cross-platform, all-in-one live streaming production software that enables capture, live production, and encoding of live streams for broadcast to multiple servers and platforms simultaneously.
What's new in version 7?
Faster Perfomance (Mac & Windows)
- Tools for monitoring – Graphic representations of System CPU usage, memory, framerate, bitrate, and RTMP Queue size help you see the strength of your stream or diagnose problems.
- Lower CPU Usage – Wirecast 7 uses less of your CPU overall than any previous version due to performance optimizations.
- GPU-accelerated encoding – Take advantage of powerful, cost-efficient hardware encoding capabilities for better performance. (Requires Intel QuickSync or nVidia NVENC hardware).
- Dynamic Editor – Resize, position, crop, flip rotate, add color correction filters and more. Use Wirecast’s powerful graphic editing features to compose picture-in-picture shots or layer up to 250 different sources on screen at the same time!
- Output Statistics – Displays the statistics window for your broadcast. You can select to display: Framerate, System CPU Usage, and System Memory Usage.
- Video Sync – Delay the video and/or audio of an incoming source to better sync. Save thousands of dollars on expensive hardware.
- Global Hotkey Manager – With our new Global Hotkey Management System, you can now create your own hotkeys for switching, replay or any repetitive task in Wirecast.
- Audio Mixing – Our built-in audio mixer allows for better control over any audio source. Mix-minus, panning, solo, mute and audio playout device selection are some of the powerful new audio features we’ve added.
- ISO Recording (Pro only) – Create high-resolution recordings of your individual (isolated) cameras or audio sources. Isolate clean shots (no titling or lower thirds) that can be used later for editing offline or for live replay during an event. (Note: must have valid license to use this feature; this is a Pro feature only.)
- New Ways to Configure Text – Add text to your broadcast from a variety of sources: typed in text, from a file, or from an RSS feed. Type in text and display it instantaneously. Use file-based text monitoring to read data from an external .txt file. The RSS feed feature allows you to have a running ticker built into your shots through the text widget.
- Color Correction – Adjust the brightness, contrast, gamma, hue and saturation for all of your video and graphic sources.
- 3D Animated Titles – Create beautiful, fully animated titles and graphics with NewBlueFX Titler Live Express (a $99 value), now FREE with purchase of Wirecast 7. Choose from over 60 professionally-designed main title and lower third templates then customize the color, font and image to fit your needs. Now it's easier than ever to bring jaw-dropping animated 3D titles to your live streams.
Posted by Kim Sternisha