News: Autodesk to Discontinue Maintenance Plans and Multi-User Subscriptions
Autodesk is retiring maintenance plans for perpetual licenses as part of their transition to subscriptions based on individual users, along with discontinuing multi-user subscriptions to its products. What does that mean to you? Read on to find out.
Update: Due to COVID-19
Autodesk will extend the ability to purchase new multi-user subscription plans to August 7, 2020 and move their retirement to August 7, 2021. While Autodesk communicated that they would begin transitioning customers to named user starting May 7, 2020, they do not want to introduce a change at a time when business-as-usual is hard enough. For more info on what Autodesk is doing to help customers impacted by COVID-19, click here.
Transition to named user plans beginning
May 7, 2020 August 7, 2020
Autodesk is retiring plans based on serial numbers and launching new plans based on people. The new plans will deliver you and your business many benefits now, and in the future, at a cost consistent with what you pay today:
- Dedicated access for all employees whenever they need it. No more downtime because all of your licenses are in use.
- New ways to optimize licensing costs. New named plans will allow you to have visibility into your usage data allowing you to make smarter investments for your company.
- Plans for individuals, teams, and enterprises with dedicated or flexible software access, depending on how your company works.
- You will no longer have to manage network servers or track anonymous serial numbers.
This is just the start of a more relevant user experience including collaboration, tailored learning content and insights.
For current network maintenance plan or multi-user subscribers:
At your first renewal only, after May 7, 2020 trade in one seat for two standard subscriptions for one named user each at a cost consistent with what you pay today. Renew at an ongoing discount until 2028.*
For current standalone maintenance plan customers:
At your first renewal before May 7, 2021 you can trade in one seat for one standard subscription at a cost consistent with what you pay today. Renew at an ongoing discount until 2028.*
Subscriptions with multi-user access and maintenance plans will retire on May 7, 2021 and cannot be further renewed.
For more administration, reporting, and support features to manage your large team of users, upgrade to the premium plan. If you need a more comprehensive set of tools, upgrade to an industry collection.
*The renewal SRP for standard subscriptions obtained through this offer will increase by no more than 5% in 2021, 2023, 2025, and 2027 – with no changes in SRP for 2022, 2024, 2026 and 2028. Savings of 3-year subscriptions is compared to the SRP for 3 consecutive, annual subscriptions.
For full terms and conditions, click here – https://www.autodesk.com/company/legal-notices-trademarks/access-use/subscription-offerings/multi-user-trade-in-offer-terms.
Still have questions?
For more info you can:
- Read the Autodesk Transition to Named User Program Terms and conditions
- Read the Transition to Named User FAQ and also watch a video about the new plans.
- Or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted by Kim Sternisha