News: INSYDIUM X-Particles Beta Now Available
Due to having to work remotely because of Covid-19, and knowing must of us are too, INSYDIUM is releasing the next update to X-Particles as Beta Access first. It will “provide a regular stream of new features, accessible to everyone with an X-Particles license in its Maintenance Period and compatible with Cinema 4D S22.”
X-Particles Beta Access
Here’s what INSYDIUM is saying about the beta:
With the outbreak of COVID-19, our whole team is working remotely, and so are many of our customers. Beta Access enables us to release new features earlier than we had planned. Features will be released as and when they become available during the next few weeks.
For customers with an X-Particles license in its Maintenance Period, log in to your Customer Account to access the latest Beta Update of X-Particles.
How Beta Access works
Beta Access is entirely optional. Beta builds have not passed Quality Assurance; they are only subject to limited testing and could still have bugs. You don’t have to use it. It’s up to you.
You can download the latest Beta Access from your Customer Account. Or use the Early Access to update to the X-Particles Beta by ticking the box ‘Show Early Access Updates’ in preferences.
- You can choose whether to opt-in.
- Beta Access is for online use only; there is no offline period for Beta Updates.
- You can feedback to the team using our Discord channel or INSYDIUM Online, not Technical Support or Customer Services.
- You can raise bug reports via the X-Particles Bug Reporter.
For video sneak peeks of the new features and tutorials, visit INSYDIUM’s Beta Access Page.
- Create realistic water surfaces with the new generator xpOcean.
- Adjust the wave height, wind speed, and choppiness for full artist control.
- Create foam maps with height and dissipation controls.
- Set up a perfect loop using the Loop End Frame setting.
- Use xpOcean in deformer mode for use on any scene geometry.
- Featuring several displacement space options, including Surface mode, making xpOcean work alongside other deformers.
- xpPushApart is a new motion modifier in X-Particles.
- Push particles apart based on distance or particle radius.
- Manipulate particles to remove intersections and create dynamic packing effects.
- Use with other modifiers like xpScale for stunning, dynamic growth systems.
- With the newly updated xpVertexMap, now parametric objects and even generators can have custom animated vertex maps.
- Weight-painting effects include object polygons and vertices, particles, trails and even xpExplosiaFX simulations.
- New effects include ambient occlusion and object curvature.
- Use blend modes to layer and mix multiple weight-painting effects in the all-new interface.
- Create color vertex maps for particle color-driven Wet Maps.
- The xpEmitter has been updated with some amazing new features. Look development is more intuitive and workflow more efficient.
- The new emission simulate mode allows particle birth to happen without playing the timeline.
- Set up, adjust and tweak emitter settings, and watch your particles update in real-time.
- The new threshold slider for Vertex Map emission adds additional artistic control and subtlety.
- Workflow improvements include unified Modifiers and Questions tabs, for easier activation and deactivation – great for isolating and adjusting specific behaviours.
- xpFlowField and ExplosiaFX have been updated with some powerful new display features.
- Visualize and render your custmomized velocity fields with the new Trail Display mode.
- Adjust the trail length, transparency and color gradient.
- Use Trail Display in all xpFlowField modes and also to visulize xpExplosiaFX simulations.
- xpFlock is a new state of the art flocking system in X-Particles.
- Create schools of fish, swarms of insects and flocks of birds with ease.
- Layer unique behaviours like alignment, chaos and periphery, to direct your flock as desired.
- Introduce flock behaviours like orbit, pursuit and flee, for interaction with scene objects and other particles.
- Set up friendly and enemy particle systems for intricate flocking dynamics.
- The xpBranch modifier has been updated to help you create even more realistic and intricate branching systems and foliage.
- The new Curve bending mode creates smooth spiralling shoots and stems.
- Intuitive controls allow you to adjust the angle, tightening and displacement of the curve, offering almost infinite variation.
- Create highly detailed ferns using the new Symmetry mode.
- Easily iterate through multiple looks using intuitive spline controls.
- xpBlend is the new control modifier in X-Particles.
- Blend particle values with neighboring particles for truly unique effects.
- Create amazing paint-mixing results by blending the color value of fluid particles.
- You can blend particle radius values for organic growth effects.
- You can even blend physical particle properties like fuel, smoke and fire.
- Fully compatible with Data Mapping and Fields, xpBlend gives you full artistic control to animate particle properties uniquely and intuitively.
Posted by Kim Sternisha