News: ZBrush Summit 2018 Recap
If you were unable to attend this years ZBrush Summit in September, or if you want to see something you may have missed, Pixologic has a recap of all the fun activities, contests, presentations, news, and more.
Highlights from ZBrush Summit 2018
- The show, which includes exclusive presentations from over a dozen top tier studios and artists, also provides a number of interactive activities both onsite and online for artists and fans to participate in.
- The annual ZBrush Live Sculpt-Off kicks off the weekend each year with two dozen talented artists competing for the championship title in both Organic and Hard Surface modeling, the winner taking home a FormLabs Form 2 3D printer and holding the championship title for the year.
- 2018 also marked the first ever Michelangelo Challenge sponsored by Pixologic, Lenovo, Wacom and Ultimaker where artists were tasked with creating a sculpt out of a digital block of clay in fifteen minutes, the idea being to simulate the subtractive stone sculpting methods of Michelangelo’s era.
- This year, viewers were able to [get] a glimpse of The ZBrush Podcast being recorded live in between presentations.
- This year [featured] the debut of much anticipated new ZBrush implementations including a fully functional standard camera, SubTool Folders, a new UV editor ‘Peel UV’ as well as three new plugins.
- And So Much More.
Watch ZBrush Summit 2018 in its entirety on YouTube
The All-In-One Digital Sculpting Solution Designed for the Pursuit of Art
ZBrush sets the industry standard for digital sculpting. Its features enable you to use customizable brushes to shape, texture and paint virtual clay in a real-time environment that provides instant feedback. When you use ZBrush you’ll be working with the same tools used by film studios, game developers, toy/collectible makers, jewelry designers, automotive/aviation designers, illustrators and artists the world over. 3D Has never been this fun.
- Upcoming features in ZBrush – ZBrush Summit
- Pixologic ZBrush Summit 2018 Live
- Midweek Motivation: Pixologic and Magic Wheelchair Comic Con Reveal
Posted by Kim Sternisha