Review : Autodesk Flame 2021 (MachineLearning, Dolby Vision)
Barry Gosh published a review yesterday about Autodesk Flame 2021 for postPerspective. To point out, Barry talks about how he saw an Autodesk Flame product session at Siggraph 2019 that showed AI and machine learning. I saw likely the same demo at NAB 2019 in a private Autodesk suite. Truly, it was impressive. Barry, though, is the senior finishing artist at The Foundation Post in Burbank, California. For this reason, he knows Flame well, so trust his opinion!
He talks about the new features in Autodesk Flame 2021, including machine learning and Dolby Vision support. Explicitly, he also mentions the neverending codec and file format updates.
As a Flame artist, I was very pleased with this release. Autodesk has continued to expand the toolset and capability of my favorite finishing tool. Autodesk takes user feedback and incorporates those suggestions into the application.
3D visual effects (VFX), finishing, and color grading software
Flame® 3D VFX and finishing software provide effective tools for 3D compositing, visual effects, and editorial finishing. To summarize, Flame is an integrated, creative environment that means faster compositing, advanced graphics, color correction, and more.
More about Autodesk Flame
- Update: Autodesk Flame 2021.1 – New Features and Bug Fixes. The release of Autodesk Flame 2021.1 adds several new features and enhancements, including the availability of the Explorer in every environment, and a slew of bug fixes.
- Grading & VFX with the Explorer Tutorial – Flame 2021 Tutorial. In the Flame 2021 products, a new TimelineFX management workflow has been introduced in order to give you the most flexibility when performing any VFX, grading, or finishing work.
- Machine Learning – P6 – Human Face Extraction – Flame 2021 Tutorial. With this Flame 2021, you have the ability to segment various parts of the human face for any compositing, grading, and beauty work.
- Depth of Field Blurring with Physical Defocus – Flame 2021 Tutorial. To explain, it’s a 3 part series on Field Blurring with Physical Defocus.
- Mastering in Dolby Vision™ – Part 1 – Flame 2021 Tutorial. In this series, learn to master Dolby Vision™ deliverables, introduced, of course, in the Flame 2021 products.
Posted by Michele Yamazaki