Streaming Event: Maxon’s 3D & Motion Design Show
Maxon’s 3D & Motion Design show includes amazing motion graphics and VFX artists. Join Maxon for a 3-day virtual event, July 21-23, 2020. Below, the press release.
Maxon’s 3D and Motion Design Show for Siggraph to Feature All-Star Lineup
3D, Motion Graphics and VFX artists behind Beeple, Corridor Digital, Star Wars: The Last Stand, and more will join Maxon for a 3-day virtual event July 21-23
Friedrichsdorf, Germany – July 14, 2020 – Maxon, the developers of professional 3D modeling, animation, rendering, and motion design software solutions, today announced the speaker lineup and schedule for its upcoming 3D and Motion Design Show for Siggraph 2020. Running from Tuesday, July 21st through Thursday, July 23rd, the free, fully virtual event will be hosted on 3DMotionShow.com (formerly C4DLive.com) and will feature presentations covering VR and AR, character animation, photo-real visual effects, motion design and more, presented by the world’s top motion graphics and VFX artists.
Speaker highlights for the 3D and Motion Design Show for Siggraph include:
- Creating “Star Wars: The Last Stand” using Cinema 4D with Sekani Solomon. Sekani will demonstrate how he used Cinema 4D to create the dynamic, engaging short film, Star Wars: The Last Stand. In his presentation, he will take viewers through the conceptualization of the project and how he organized shots and created the film’s stunning animation, lighting, and effects – all executed mainly by one person.
- The Secret to Photo-Real Visual Effects with Clinton Jones, Show Runner at Corridor Digital. Clinton will explain how to integrate photo-real objects into live-action footage. Custom HDRIs, camera tracking, scene optimization, texturing, surface imperfections, lighting, and compositing tricks in After Effects – Clinton will give the full rundown on how to step up your VFX game!
- Using VR and C4D to Make Gestural 3D Assets with Collin Leix, an animator at Gunner. In her presentation, Collin will demystify how to use Cinema 4D and VR tools Oculus Medium and Oculus Quill to easily create gestural and organic 3D models. She’ll show viewers how she uses C4D to align her VR work with a style frame, how to refine them with C4D’s sculpting tools and Volume Mesher, how to use Vertex maps, and deformers to add subtle animation, as well as an experiment in 3D stop motion.
- Tips for Character Animation in C4D (and Anywhere Else!) with Alex Parker. Alex will walk through some of her go-to methods for designing and animating compelling characters in Cinema 4D. From quirky character design to technical animation to final compositing, this presentation details a generalist’s approach to crafting characters from start to finish, showcasing C4D toolsets, and sprinkling in some generalist advice along the way.
- Plus, Maxon, Red Giant, and Redshift fan favorites, including Noseman, Rick Barrett, Simon Walker, and Adrian Cruceru, will show off some tips and techniques as well as answer audience questions from the chat.
The 3D and Motion Design Show series of 2020 includes multi-day events designed to coincide with the timing of Siggraph, IBC, NAB Show NY, HOW, and Adobe Max. The presentations will showcase professional 3D techniques and real-world production workflows using Cinema 4D, Redshift, and the Red Giant suite of products. Presentations from each event will be streamed live and available on-demand shortly after airing on 3DMotionShow.com as well as the Maxon YouTube channel.
Maxon is a developer of professional 3D modeling, painting, animation and rendering solutions. In January, Maxon and Red Giant closed a merger of the two companies. The combined company’s award-winning Cinema 4D, Redshift 3D, and Red Giant products have been used extensively to help create and render everything from stunning visual effects in top feature films, TV shows and commercials, cutting-edge game cinematics for AAA games, as well as for medical illustration, architectural and industrial design applications. Maxon products are available directly from the website and its worldwide distribution network. Maxon is part of the Nemetschek Group.
About Red Giant
Red Giant is a software company made up of talented artists and technologists who collaborate to create unique tools for filmmakers, editors, VFX artists, and motion designers. Our company culture is focused on finding a balance between work and life – we call it “the double bottom line” – this philosophy helps us ignore complexity in favor of building simple tools that yield giant results. Over the last decade, our products (like Magic Bullet, Trapcode, Universe, and PluralEyes) have become the standard in film and broadcast post-production. With over 250,000 users, it’s nearly impossible to watch 20 minutes of TV without seeing our software in use. From our experiences as artists and filmmakers, we aspire to not only provide tools for artists but inspiration as well. Watch our films, learn from over 200 free tutorials, or try their software: Red Giant.
Redshift Rendering Technologies Inc was founded in early 2012 in Newport Beach, California with the goal of developing a production-quality, GPU-accelerated renderer with support for the biased global illumination techniques that until now have remained squarely in the CPU-only domain. Visit Redshift 3D to learn more.
3D for the Whole World
Cinema 4D S22 is Maxon’s first subscription-only release giving customers early access to performance and workflow advances including UV unwrapping and editing tools, improved selection and modeling tools, organizational licensing for volume customers, and updated viewport technology with support for Metal on macOS.
Maxon has also boosted Cinema 4D’s pipeline compatibility with GLTF export, GoZ integration for Z-Brush, and support for node-based materials in FBX and Cineware.
Cinema 4D S22 is immediately available for subscription customers. Perpetual license holders of Cinema 4D will enjoy a release that will incorporate the features of S22 and much more later in the year.Try Cinema 4D for free!
Maxon Cinema S22 Compatibility – The Definitive List
We’re elated about the release of Maxon Cinema 4D S22, the first subscription-only release. But, as with any major release, the issue of compatibility comes into play. Developers are working diligently to make sure everything will work smoothly with the new S22 release.
We have put together a list of products and information to keep you informed about plug-in and product compatibility.
Keying, tracking, cleanup, and visual effects compositing, right inside of After Effects.
VFX Suite includes Supercomp, King Pin Tracker, Chromatic Displacement, Spot Clone Tracker, Optical Glow, Knoll Light Factory, Primatte Keyer, Shadow, and Reflection.
Learn More about Redshift
The world’s first fully GPU-accelerated, biased renderer.
Redshift is a powerful GPU-accelerated renderer, built to meet the specific demands of contemporary high-end production rendering. Tailored to support creative individuals and studios of every size, Redshift offers a suite of powerful features and integrates with industry-standard CG applications.
Posted by Michele Yamazaki