The ChangeLog: Resolume, NewTek, zplane, Silhouette
This week we have updates for Resolume, NewTek Lightwave 3d, zplane vielklang Instant Harmony & Elastique Pitch, and Silhouette.
Although these are small point updates, they’re often important updates. They can add support for hosts and remove support for older hosts. Sometimes bugs that have been driving you mad can get fixed, and other times it’s a crucial security fix. And, sometimes they’re just giving you some great new features!
I’ve also tried to make The Change Log more concise so I’ve removed product descriptions and left it as a button to learn more about a product. Scroll down to see what’s new!
Resolume 7.0.1 Avenue & Arena
- 13078 Stuck on splash screen on some machines with Radeon GPU
- 13069 Crash when setting a cue point
- 12976 Removing a clip makes resolume freeze for a few second (with lots of clip in composition)
- 13001 Dropping an AV file to the Video track of an AV clip replaces also the Audio track of the clip
- 13017 Can’t move a clip that is “overlapped” by a persistent clip
- 13053 Line Width not imported correctly
- 13054 Envelope not imported from v6 to v7 composition correctly
- 13055 Composition Beat Snap not imported from v6 to v7 composition correctly
- 13068 Moving clip play position on a paused clip, then playing clip, doesn’t update clip audio position
- 13073 Cue Points UI does not update when setting Cue Points for Clip that isn’t playing
- 13070 Crash loading an advanced output preset with fixtures that are not available
- 13072 Clip Position Label not updated when Clip is not playing or previewed
- 13074 Duration for SMPTE and Denon clips is set to 5 seconds going from v6 to v7 composition
- 13057 Some parameter values wrong after importing composition from 6 to 7
- 13074 Duration for SMPTE and Denon clips is set to 5 seconds going from 6 to 7
- 13092 OSC deck/select int 0 switches decks
NewTek LightWave 3D 2019.1
Workflow “Quality-of-Life” Enhancements:
- Layers Panel
- Rename window is resizable
- Right-click to freeze/unfreeze a layer as selected
- Easy insert/exchange layers option in List mode
- Clicking on the Eye icon on the Object row will select all Layout visible layers.
- Vertex Maps Panel
- Added Name Filter field at top of panel
- New Right-Click function: Select By Map, for all points, edges or polygons in a map
- Delete now allows deletion of multiple VMaps of the same type at a time
New Navigation Options in Layout and Modeler:
- New game-style navigation mode combining hotkeys, mouse and scroll wheel to move within the viewport, adjust the view and move the scene playhead.
- Alternate control subjects and styles can be engaged from the Navigation Panel:
- Current Item
- Activate Twist on Space Explorer or horizontal mouse movement, etc., as jog/shuttle for timeline
Layout Panel List Pane Improvements:
- A variety of new functions have been added to “tree-style” list panes in many panels to allow more customization of the view and easier drag and drop re-ordering and hierarchy adjustments (Scene Editors, Graph Editor, Configure Keys, etc.)
Enhanced Configuration Control:
- Layout and Modeler both now have separate Key and Menu configuration files
- When the app asks for configs to be cleared, only LW2019.1.cfg, LWM2019.1.cfg, Extension Cache-64, and LWHUB2019.1.cfg need to be deleted and rebuilt. Customized hot keys and menus can now be preserved
- Reset Configs command plugin clears the files mentioned in the previous item, preserving customized hot keys and menus
- An optional progress bar added on the bottom bar of the Layout window; if multiple viewports are set to VPR, the progress bar will split into multiple bars, to show a bar for each viewport set to VPR
New OpenGL Viewport Option:
- Hide all non-renderable elements – grid, motion paths, camera, light, bone and null icons, etc.
LightWave Network Render Controller:
- Scene files can now be dropped on the lower window in the NRC
- Node Pick-up allows you to enter an IP address (v4 or v6) to access a machine anywhere on the Internet
LightWave™ Bridge to Unreal Engine:
- Added support for the new Red, Green and Blue channels for the Unreal Bridge.
- Improved performance for sending of meshes for scenes with many smaller objects
FBX Interchange Enhancements:
- The Interchange panel now has two options for the Transfer Mode. You can either Append Assets or Replace Animation. Append Assets was the default functionality from before, but Replace Animation is new, and is used to transfer animation over items that are already animated.
- You can now drag and drop complete scenes or individual elements from one side to the other.
- You now have the option to import materials as Principled BSDF using the FBX Interchange.
- Image and Image Sampler Nodes now offer Red/Green/Blue/Alpha/Luma as Scalar outputs
- Mesh To Volume node can create a particle system from the vertices of the input mesh.
- Solver and Gas Solver now accept velocity grids for dynamic collisions in addition to level set grids for static collisions.
Physical Sky Enhancements:
- Physical Sky background shader now uses a softened horizon line
- Physical Sky now includes a ground; the ground is an alpha channel that can be colored by any items placed above Physical Sky in the Environment list.
Cel Shader Enhancements:
- The new Cel Integrator now supports light color, but differently from LightWave 2015. The gradient is evaluated separately for each light. This allows for per light buffers for cel shading.
- LightWave’s installed Python is now v2.7.16
- PCore Console has been upgraded to Mark II
- Save and copy buttons no longer needed
- Log output is now text; not multiple, separate list entries
- The window is split in two, with log output and command input sections. The division between the two can be moved as needed and can be maximized in one direction or the other
- The command input area is deigned to emulate the python CLI, including syntax highlighting, and command recall that is retained between sessions up to the maximum prompt recalls
- Recall search using Shift-Space
- Command matching
- Fully customizable
- Primary and secondary prompts, even Bash-style
- The Prompt area has two modes:
- Command Prompt: default, immediately evaluates each command when entered
- Editor mode: enter as many commands as you wish; evaluates on return to Command mode
- Custom key bindings can be set, retrieved and inline documentation is provided
We have a playlist showing some of the new workflows in LightWave 2019.1: LightWave 3D 2019.1 Playlist
Zplane vielklang Instant Harmony 2.4.3 & Elastique Pitch 2.1
vielklang Instant Harmony v2.4.3
- Fixed: crash when original audio file couldn’t be loaded
- Fixed: chords couldn’t be changed or reverted unexpectedly
For all registered users, the online update to version 2.4.3 is free of charge!
Elastique Pitch version 2.1
- New: latest élastiquePRO V3.3 engine
- New: VST3 support
- Removed: RTAS support
- Fixed: sometimes plugin going silent, esp. with Live 10
This update is recommended to download for all users.
Silhouette FX Silhouette v7.5.4
What’s new in Silhouette v7.5.4?
Paint > Clone > Default Filter Preference
Added a preference that sets the default filter for paint nodes.
Paint > Hide Brush Outline While Painting Preference
Added a Paint > Hide Brush Outline While Painting preference.
User Interface > Allow Nested Docks Preference
Allows all nested docks to be moved at the same time. Disabling this preference moves individual docks only.
Roto > Feather > Decouple Shape and Feather Points
The shape and feather points are now decoupled and can be moved independently. The older coupled point behavior is achieved by pressing Shift while moving the shape point.
Clone > Auto Grade Result
Clone > Auto Grade produced incorrect results in certain cases.
Clone Region Editing Crash With A Tablet
Creating a new region with a tablet could crash the Clone tool.
Some shapes could end up with feather offsets that were negative/inward and would cause tiny artifacts.
Moving Shapes Slow in Update > Release Mode
With the Viewer set to Output and the Update mode set to Release, shapes did not move smoothly when dragged.
A crash could occur after replacing footage in a Source node followed by clicking the View Node and Edit Node icons.
Sequence Editor > Add Edit On Last Frame
The Add Edit button was grayed out when parked on the last frame in the Sequence Editor.
Posted by Kim Sternisha